Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So is the stealthy thief back?

Comments

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Originally posted by MattVid
    Originally posted by gainesvilleg

Read my original post.  The trolling started by others what am I suppose to say "thank you can I have another" when somebody says "Go back to Wow if you want stealth"

Now I know why they got rid of global chat in GW2, I don't think this community would be very nice to people asking questions there.  Kudos for Anet recognizing that LOL.

Fair enough. And I can't say anything but "thank goodness" for no general chat :)

As far as the Theif and stealth. There is definitely not "perma stealth" mechanic from what I have seen. I only got my Theif to around 12 in the BWE's. Even by that time though, depending what weapons I was using, I had a stealth move, as well as a few shadow steps.

The game is much more focused on action gameplay, so simply being able to instantly teleport around is a HUGE factor in confusing people and escaping. Also, the ability to shadowstep to someone instantaneously and then be able to shadowstep back is a pretty interesting "stealth like" mechanic.

There are a few skills that give you stealth for a few seconds, even one of the Theif heals does this. But there is no long duration Stealth like some games have. Instead, you have very good movement abilities, allowing you to get in and out of combat very quickly. Definitely better than any other class I have played.

Hope that helps some.

Thanks.  I understand the no perma stealth thats no big deal when there is no open world PVP to be honest (perma stealth mainly useful for traveling in an open world PVP game or open world ganking which I avoid for the most part.  I usually play a thief with an honor code LOL).  Medium duration stealth with highly mobile hit/run tactics is how the thief works in other MMO battlefields.  Thats how I like to play but early on the stealth was very limited.  Seems now they added more stealth triggers which makes the thief in stealth more than it originally looked.

For me that is a plus.

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

Originally posted by Irus

Erm... why did a thread about stealthy thieves cause so much trouble?

I have no idea.  Probably a combination of factors:

1) I personally have criticized GW2 features in the past so some who know me think I am just a troll which I am not (they fail to note the positive things I have said).  Only reason I mentioned cash shop at all is I know others would claim I'm hiding my true motives and I really am just anti-cash shop.  Apparently I am disqualified from asking any questions about the game because of that...  A few posters have apparently disqualified me from being allowed to purchase it even LOL

2) GW2 community in general seems to be extraordinarily defensive on this site for whatever reason.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

Not trying to do the cash shop debate again (I already won that debate) but I just wanted to know how the thief plays now in the most recent beta?  Are there viable stealthly assassin type builds that work?

Welll with this kind of comment I was hesitant to reply in kind, but the smugness got to me. If the cash shop and the way one class plays is a deciding factor into wether or not you purchase the game I can say without a doubt stay away, you aren't going to enjoy the product and some of us aren't going to enjoy the comments made post launch. /thread.

This is not an attack, just an observation from this and other posts made by you.

[mod edit]

Actually I don't think I had anything to do with any debate with you regarding a cash shop, so no I didn't take offense to the comment. I also didn't say you were disqualified from the game, only you should stay away because you will not be happy. You have made it clear in other posts that the game was to casusal which and I quote "Isn't my cup of tea" and that the cash shop isn't to your liking. If you wanted an answer to the question you proposed, then there was no need to mention the rest of the details regarding your intentions to not purchase otherwise. And besides that point the question was answered by others and all the while their opinions were discredited because you claim you don't want to discuss class balances and such. This combined with some debate you aparently won, came off as smug. 

I know your name from other posts you have made and it's been made clear you don't approve the product. You have recently attacked the camera, CS, and casualness of the game and that's without going into your post history, only off of comments I remember you making. Calling me a jackass because you are touchy to being called out is sad. Good day.

If you really knew all my posts and went back several months ago, you would know I was also at one time right on the GW2 hype-wagon.  There were several design decisions that made decide not to get it.  Yes I prefer more hardcore games but I play casual games as well (hell I played plants vs zombies even).  I hate cash shops but I played in other games with cash shops.

It is the accumulation of bad (in my opinion) design choices that made me not want to get GW2.  But one of the BIGGEST design choices was their thief interpretation.  I read recently that a stealth based build is actually possible now, and I was asking if it were true.

But only one response from Irus actually tried to answer my question.  Almost all other responses were snide and symptomatic of a terrible community to be honest.

The only reason I mentioned the cash shop in the post was if I didn't some jackass would point to a previous post of mine and say "But I thought you said you weren't playing because of cash shop like you posted before" and I was right.  That is exactly what you did.

The reality is there is no perfect game, and I make a decision on the BALANCE of design choices.

Well I made it clear that it wasn't an attack so you can quit throwing me in with everyone else.  Also to the portion in red, I didn't do that in any way, I was referring to your OP and not your opinions regarding the CS in the past. You jumped the gun there and attacked me because you apparently have a chip on your shoulder. Also you keep trying to generalize anyone that disagrees with you as a negative and this is reflecting a "terrible community." Since you have brought it up multiple times in this thread I will assume it is another one of your reasons to not purchase. 

I never claimed to know all your posts, only that I remeber the most recent and I didn't go into your post history to make a judgement. Maybe you are getting me mixed up in your defenciveness I don't know. My opinion stil stands that the game doesn't have the thief type your are looking for and if this, coupled with your many other complaints are turnoffs then you shouldn't play the game. There was nothing more to it just that simple observation. 

Your very first response you said "This is not an attack, just an observation from this and other posts made by you" which is why I mentioned the cash shop because I have been debating for months regarding that.  If I didn't mention it somebody would have said "You just hate cash shop stop pretending" 

So why shouldn't I be defensive when only 1 or 2 people tried to answer my question the rest said "go away" basically.  Its the truth bro the GW2 community I think needs to step back and look in the mirror.  There are some people who have issues with design choices and debate them thats what forums are for, but being mean spirited in response to a simple question just will ruin the community like it seems to be doing here.

Ok here I highlighted stuff for you in green so you can quit taking things out of context. There are touchy people in any community, this is a forum. But I didn't attack so trying to justify your behavior because people (other than me) may have been rude is wrong.  In regards to your CS comments, I took what was said in the OP and that was all regarding that subject. You saying you brought it up because some "Jackass" would bring it up eventually is kinda asinine and you have since then attacked the community yet claim you wanted an honest answer and others are to blame. Really?!?  I'll answer again with more words: No there is no perma stealth, knife in the back kind of thief in GW2, but there are traits that can allow you to play sort of that way. The game is not released as you know and classes are subject to change.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Not trying to do the cash shop debate again (I already won that debate) but I just wanted to know how the thief plays now in the most recent beta?  Are there viable stealthly assassin type builds that work?

Welll with this kind of comment I was hesitant to reply in kind, but the smugness got to me. If the cash shop and the way one class plays is a deciding factor into wether or not you purchase the game I can say without a doubt stay away, you aren't going to enjoy the product and some of us aren't going to enjoy the comments made post launch. /thread.

This is not an attack, just an observation from this and other posts made by you.

LOL.  So saying I won the debate, which by you taking offense means you think you won the debate, I am disqualified from the game.  Yeah, great community you are building over there I sure would hate to spoil it LOL.

/response to jackass

Actually I don't think I had anything to do with any debate with you regarding a cash shop, so no I didn't take offense to the comment. I also didn't say you were disqualified from the game, only you should stay away because you will not be happy. You have made it clear in other posts that the game was to casusal which and I quote "Isn't my cup of tea" and that the cash shop isn't to your liking. If you wanted an answer to the question you proposed, then there was no need to mention the rest of the details regarding your intentions to not purchase otherwise. And besides that point the question was answered by others and all the while their opinions were discredited because you claim you don't want to discuss class balances and such. This combined with some debate you aparently won, came off as smug. 

I know your name from other posts you have made and it's been made clear you don't approve the product. You have recently attacked the camera, CS, and casualness of the game and that's without going into your post history, only off of comments I remember you making. Calling me a jackass because you are touchy to being called out is sad. Good day.

If you really knew all my posts and went back several months ago, you would know I was also at one time right on the GW2 hype-wagon.  There were several design decisions that made decide not to get it.  Yes I prefer more hardcore games but I play casual games as well (hell I played plants vs zombies even).  I hate cash shops but I played in other games with cash shops.

It is the accumulation of bad (in my opinion) design choices that made me not want to get GW2.  But one of the BIGGEST design choices was their thief interpretation.  I read recently that a stealth based build is actually possible now, and I was asking if it were true.

But only one response from Irus actually tried to answer my question.  Almost all other responses were snide and symptomatic of a terrible community to be honest.

The only reason I mentioned the cash shop in the post was if I didn't some jackass would point to a previous post of mine and say "But I thought you said you weren't playing because of cash shop like you posted before" and I was right.  That is exactly what you did.

The reality is there is no perfect game, and I make a decision on the BALANCE of design choices.

Well I made it clear that it wasn't an attack so you can quit throwing me in with everyone else.  Also to the portion in red, I didn't do that in any way, I was referring to your OP and not your opinions regarding the CS in the past. You jumped the gun there and attacked me because you apparently have a chip on your shoulder. Also you keep trying to generalize anyone that disagrees with you as a negative and this is reflecting a "terrible community." Since you have brought it up multiple times in this thread I will assume it is another one of your reasons to not purchase. 

I never claimed to know all your posts, only that I remeber the most recent and I didn't go into your post history to make a judgement. Maybe you are getting me mixed up in your defenciveness I don't know. My opinion stil stands that the game doesn't have the thief type your are looking for and if this, coupled with your many other complaints are turnoffs then you shouldn't play the game. There was nothing more to it just that simple observation. 

Your very first response you said "This is not an attack, just an observation from this and other posts made by you" which is why I mentioned the cash shop because I have been debating for months regarding that.  If I didn't mention it somebody would have said "You just hate cash shop stop pretending" 

So why shouldn't I be defensive when only 1 or 2 people tried to answer my question the rest said "go away" basically.  Its the truth bro the GW2 community I think needs to step back and look in the mirror.  There are some people who have issues with design choices and debate them thats what forums are for, but being mean spirited in response to a simple question just will ruin the community like it seems to be doing here.

Ok here I highlighted stuff for you in green so you can quit taking things out of context. There are touchy people in any community, this is a forum. But I didn't attack so trying to justify your behavior because people (other than me) may have been rude is wrong.  In regards to your CS comments, I took what was said in the OP and that was all regarding that subject. You saying you brought it up because some "Jackass" would bring it up eventually is kinda asinine and you have since then attacked the community yet claim you wanted an honest answer and others are to blame. Really?!?  I'll answer again with more words: No there is no perma stealth, knife in the back kind of thief in GW2, but there are traits that can allow you to play sort of that way. The game is not released as you know and classes are subject to change.

Look simply saying "This is not an attack" doesn't mean it isn't.  Like saying "You are ugly, no offense"

Was your response over the top, no.  But you basically told me not to buy the game.  Why should I interpret that as a friendly response?

And by the way ending your post with /thread is as rude as it gets.  Like saying "I have said all that needs to be said and get the last word.  Go away."

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

As apposed to a master of invisibillity the thief is more shifty and sneaky than stealthy. I find that to be more thief like than just being the invisible man.

Originally posted by DaezAster

As apposed to a master of invisibillity the thief is more shifty and sneaky than stealthy. I find that to be more thief like than just being the invisible man.

Shifty and sneaky I like.  Very early on it was more hyper ninja melee/range combo.  But with some more stealth triggers added it looks like a shifty and sneaky build focussing on melee only is much more viable.

And for those that are still blinded with defensive rage and fail to recognize it, I am actually complimenting GW2 now LOL

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

The new GW2 manifesto:

"GW2, we've removed many of the class mechanics and game play options you enjoy, but at least there's no monthly fee" :)

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by SoulOfRaziel

One of the main reasons (besides cash shop) I had decided I wouldn't buy GW2 was their thief interpretation early on seemed to be of the highly mobile ninja rather than the stealthy assassin.  I prefer the stealthy assassin and was disappointed by that view.

But I'm hearing that more recently the trait changes have made the thief character the more traditional stealth based thief of other MMOs.  Is this true?  If so, I might actually consider jumping back on the bandwagon again LOL.

I dont know if they are going to change the thief or not but as u said "One of the main reasons (besides cash shop) I had decided I wouldn't buy GW2 I just want to make it clear to you... GW2 cash shop has nothing of pay to win so if u dont want to play the game because u think its P2W or because u think u need CASH to buy gems u are WRONG just search a bit more and u will see the cash shop is just fine and not P2W

Whether or not it was your intention, you instigated further debate by declaring yourself the winner.  The insult was further emphasized by stating clearly that you didn't want to discuss a debate that you claim to have already won.  That only encourages backlash from those who would have liked to challenge your claim as winner of the debate.  Just saying man, that's not the right way to go about avoiding the debate.

Anyway, I personally enjoy the current mechanics for the Thief.  I think it's a refreshing new take on an old class.  Don't get me wrong, I like stealth classes from older games, but shadowstepping is now my favorite Thief mechanic of any game.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Thanks.  I understand the no perma stealth thats no big deal when there is no open world PVP to be honest (perma stealth mainly useful for traveling in an open world PVP game or open world ganking which I avoid for the most part.  I usually play a thief with an honor code LOL).  Medium duration stealth with highly mobile hit/run tactics is how the thief works in other MMO battlefields.  Thats how I like to play but early on the stealth was very limited.  Seems now they added more stealth triggers which makes the thief in stealth more than it originally looked.

For me that is a plus.

I leveled a thief to about 18. Depending on what skills you unlock and what weapons you use, you can be a highly mobile hit-and-stealth pain-in-the-ass in WvW. If you add trap skills, cripple skills, shadow step built in to certain weapons on top of unlockable skills, and evasion skills (I liked the short-bow teleport), the thief can be a nightmare.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_thief_skills

Look specifically at the "deception" skills on the bottom. Yes, you have to unlock these. Yes, some of these skills are tiered so you do not get them until you unlock the tier skills below them (unless you jump right in to WvW).

And I'm not in the least shocked that you're thinking about maybe playing GW2 given your obvious fascination with it. However, YOU should not be surprised at some people's reaction to you given your at times ridiculous posts (for example, see this thread). Just get a darn beta key and see for yourself. If you like it maybe you'll stop complaining so much. If you hate it, well, it's not like you can complain more...

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

Look simply saying "This is not an attack" doesn't mean it isn't.  Like saying "You are ugly, no offense"

Was your response over the top, no.  But you basically told me not to buy the game.  Why should I interpret that as a friendly response?

And by the way ending your post with /thread is as rude as it gets.  Like saying I have said all that needs to be said and get the last word.

Well looking back through the thread, there was only 1 comment that was kind of an attack and that was post #10 so playing this off as you were getting reemed and responded defencibly to me is innaccurate. Go ahead look back and see that you weren't being hammered in this thred until you started calling names and preaching that the community is garbage. People answered you and a couple you shot down because they didn't meet your discussion criteria. I am aware that saying it wasn't an attack doesn't make it so, but I was clarifying that it wasn't a "Go back to WoW" type comment and have posted civilly to your every rage post directed at me. I'll give you that /thread may have come off as mean, but by that point your question had been answered and we both know that when you have been very vocal against a game in the past that asking what you may think is a innocent question will bring out the pitchforks. Your wording from the OP makes it look like you weren't looking for an answer and a majority of the responces since have shown the same conclusion.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I hope they've made changes to the thief. Honestly, it was cheap being able to be stealthed an entire fight in battlegrounds.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

OP... I think the P2W and the Thief class are the less apparent reasons as to why not to buy GW2.

This game has got to have the worst/trolly/childish community I have ever seen. They must be proud of themselves to be able to say they are actually worse then the WoW community.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

And by the way ending your post with /thread is as rude as it gets.  Like saying I have said all that needs to be said and get the last word.

Well looking back through the thread, there was only 1 comment that was kind of an attack and that was post #10 so playing this off as you were getting reemed and responded defencibly to me is innaccurate. Go ahead look back and see that you weren't being hammered in this thred until you started calling names and preaching that the community is garbage. People answered you and a couple you shot down because they didn't meet your discussion criteria. I am aware that saying it wasn't an attack doesn't make it so, but I was clarifying that it wasn't a "Go back to WoW" type comment and have posted civilly to your every rage post directed at me. I'll give you that /thread may have come off as mean, but by that point your question had been answered and we both know that when you have been very vocal against a game in the past that asking what you may think is a innocent question will bring out the pitchforks. Your wording from the OP makes it look like you weren't looking for an answer and a majority of the responces since have shown the same conclusion.

Yes that was my point.  I asked a question and out came the pitchforks.  My wording in my original post can only be interpreted as trolling if you are highly highly defensive about GW2.  Which was my point regarding the community.

I think we actually are in agreement.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012
    Originally posted by Irus

Erm... why did a thread about stealthy thieves cause so much trouble?

I have no idea.  Probably a combination of factors:

1) I personally have criticized GW2 features in the past so some who know me think I am just a troll which I am not (they fail to note the positive things I have said).  Only reason I mentioned cash shop at all is I know others would claim I'm hiding my true motives and I really am just anti-cash shop.

Or, of course it was intentional to rile and start something, otherwise there was zero need to bring it up, which can be typical troll behavior. You could of more easily framed the question as

"One of the main reasons I had decided I wouldn't buy GW2 was their thief interpretation early on seemed to be of the highly mobile ninja rather than the stealthy assassin.  I prefer the stealthy assassin and was disappointed by that view. I'm hearing that a more stealth-viable build is possible now, is that true?"

And look, 95% of it was your original post, sans uneccessary clutter.

The rest of the whole "Cash Shop" debate came from your crass response in regards to someone who was just giving you their (perhaps a little wrongly worded) opinion. You invited the crap in.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

stealth in MMORPGs sucks its a crutch and very skilless and yes i have played a rogue in many games. its cheap its skilless and for a class to be designed by this "Lolz im invisible" nonsense is stupid.

a theif should be a quick moving fighter not an invisible ninja.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    Originally posted by Vunak23

OP... I think the P2W and the Thief class are the less apparent reasons as to why not to buy GW2.

This game has got to have the worst/trolly/childish community I have ever seen. They must be proud of themselves to be able to say they are actually worse then the WoW community.

Isn't it ironic to be complaining of a "trolly/childish community" given the nature of your post? Think about it.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by DaezAster

Shifty and sneaky I like.  Very early on it was more hyper ninja melee/range combo.  But with some more stealth triggers added it looks like a shifty and sneaky build focussing on melee only is much more viable.

And for those that are still blinded with defensive rage and fail to recognize it, I am actually complimenting GW2 now LOL

Yes sir but don't sleep on dual pistols at range either or the short bow. ;)

Originally posted by gigat

One of the main reasons (besides cash shop) I had decided I wouldn't buy GW2 was their thief interpretation early on seemed to be of the highly mobile ninja rather than the stealthy assassin.  I prefer the stealthy assassin and was disappointed by that view.

But I'm hearing that more recently the trait changes have made the thief character the more traditional stealth based thief of other MMOs.  Is this true?  If so, I might actually consider jumping back on the bandwagon again LOL.

I dont know if they are going to change the thief or not but as u said "One of the main reasons (besides cash shop) I had decided I wouldn't buy GW2 I just want to make it clear to you... GW2 cash shop has nothing of pay to win so if u dont want to play the game because u think its P2W or because u think u need CASH to buy gems u are WRONG just search a bit more and u will see the cash shop is just fine and not P2W

Whether or not it was your intention, you instigated further debate by declaring yourself the winner.  The insult was further emphasized by stating clearly that you didn't want to discuss a debate that you claim to have already won.  That only encourages backlash from those who would have liked to challenge your claim as winner of the debate.  Just saying man, that's not the right way to go about avoiding the debate.

Anyway, I personally enjoy the current mechanics for the Thief.  I think it's a refreshing new take on an old class.  Don't get me wrong, I like stealth classes from older games, but shadowstepping is now my favorite Thief mechanic of any game.

Um, you highlighted my response but please read the text above it to which I was responding to.  Comments like:

"u are WRONG just search a bit more an u will see the cash shop is just fine and not P2W"

Now I was responding to the declaration that "I was WRONG" by basically saying "I was RIGHT"

Again, I was responding to a post not instigating...

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

careful now OP you are in a religious waters. don't say anything that might resemble criticism

and no, thief in gw2 is the most up class right now (pvp guilds put it last on their list), just because bad pvp players dont like the subtlety of a perma stealth class

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by Derpybird

Isn't it ironic to be compliaing of a "trolly/childish community" given the nature of your post? Think about it.

Why because you disagree with my statements? Any cash shop that gives bonuses obtained easier through the cash shop then in game is P2W. GW2 does this. They give XP bonuses, keys to unlock chests...etc.

They took a step down on there P2W from GW1, so /clap. And yes GW1 was P2W for any PvPer. You could buy every skill in the game for PvP characters.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

Yes that was my point.  I asked a question and out came the pitchforks.  My wording in my original post can only be interpreted as trolling if you are highly highly defensive about GW2.  Which was my point regarding the community.

And green was my point. I'm not here to play word games with you, only posted my opinion. I have obliged you even though you resorted to personal attacks and will move on. Take the advice how you will.

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

So you troll a thread making fun of the community for being trolls? /boggle

/popcorn

Great seeing the topic get pulled way off topic. It makes it more apparent that it is a pissing contest and not actually about discussing the game :P

And green was my point. I'm not here to play word games with you, only posted my opinion. I have obliged you even though you resorted to personal attacks and will move on. Take the advice how you will.

Ok, please highlight in my original post the wording that makes it look like I didn't want an answer.

And just to help you with how the original post it is organized:

1) Context for why I am asking the question

2) Question

3) Why the answer is important to me 

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by VagabondLife

[mod edit]

That's the impression i got from that statement too, DUH Winning, tiger blood! sigh...anyways the stealth in this game wasn't put in for longer then a few seconds because they don't want players to just zoom past content, just like mentoring is not an option, you're level can come down and not up in anything accept pvp.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by gigat

Um, you highlighted my response but please read the text above it to which I was responding to.  Comments like:

"u are WRONG just search a bit more an u will see the cash shop is just fine and not P2W"

Now I was responding to the declaration that "I was WRONG" by basically saying "I was RIGHT"

Again, I was responding to a post not instigating...

You're right, SoulOfRaziel should have worded their post differently.  Nearly every post in this thread should have been worded differently.  That's the trouble with writing text on forums, it's easy to misjudge what someone writes, and even easier take it out of context.

Doesn't matter anyway, shit happens.

Back on topic, I'm all for Anet adding more stealth functionallity, as long as we don't lose the shadowstepping mechanics