Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam summer sale started: Time to go broke!

xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Title says it all. Have fun everyone and dont spend to much money :D

oh and vote for batman for the choice for todays epic sale :P bout 10min left to vote.

Comments

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I voted for Saints Row haha, one of my friends has been nagging me to play it for ages now.

So far spent £12.45 on day one, two games bought so far, my bank balance will not look great in 10 days time.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I'm hiding my wallet somewhere safe until it's over, then I'm hiding under the bed until it's over............But?..........But all the deals! Sweet! /reaches for credit card.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

If you like hard games with permadeath, try The Binding of Isaac and its expansion, Wrath of the Lamb. It's on sale right now but honestly, it's worth the full price. I've spent 45 hours on it so far and I've only completed 63% of it. A warning though: if you're a Christian and easily offended (for some reason there's a lot of those on these forums) the game might not be for you.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Yeah, just looked over todays deals and was kinda disappointed to see not one game I was even remotely interested in that I don't already own. Oh well... There's always tomorrow I guess. image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Picked up Crusader Kings II at 75% off.  Sweet!

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I just got THQ Collection, Sega Collection, Bestheda softworks collection, Dungeons : The Dark Lord.  I hope magicka wins the vote thing cuz if it does, ill get that in like...10 hours or so.

What elsseeeeee....

Waiting for Sins of a Solar Empire : Rebellion to come with a huge discount.  LOL

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

For I've got a Goooolden Tiiiicket!

(Saints Row 3 for 13$... Life is good!)

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

I hate these sales I got like 10 games from these sales that I havn't even ran once... lol

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Bleh skyrim looks so promising, but alas I don't want to delve into my car repair fund haha, I feel like in 2 days my mind will change and I'll end up buying something. Oh well too bad I guess.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Castillle

I just got THQ Collection, Sega Collection, Bestheda softworks collection, Dungeons : The Dark Lord.  I hope magicka wins the vote thing cuz if it does, ill get that in like...10 hours or so.

What elsseeeeee....

Waiting for Sins of a Solar Empire : Rebellion to come with a huge discount.  LOL

Even if Magicka does win I would suggest waiting to buy it unless its the complete pack they put at the reduced price. Majicka is one of thoes titles that the complete pack goes on sale through most DD platforms at least once a month. I picked up the complete pack + the 2 DLC that where not apart of it on Amazon last month for $10. And it sounds like you have PLENTY to play untill it does :)

To the person who voted for saints row *shakefist*. Not going to rage at you like the steam forums are about it though lol. More people wanted SR *shrug*. Though I think its kinda crappy the DLC is only 33% off.

I got lucky today so far though. Nothing I want that I dont already have :) At least not on the major daily/hourly sales. I'll wait till the last day to pick up the month long sales since they may go on a big daily sale between now and then.

Originally posted by Panther2103

Bleh skyrim looks so promising, but alas I don't want to delve into my car repair fund haha, I feel like in 2 days my mind will change and I'll end up buying something. Oh well too bad I guess.

If you are looking at Skyrim I would definitly wait and try to catch it when it goes up for 50-60% off. And it will. Even if its a "vote" sale. That way if you happen to catch it while its on sale you save money. And if not you still have a while to decide if its worth it at current price or not.

Originally posted by SlickShoes

I voted for Saints Row haha, one of my friends has been nagging me to play it for ages now.

So far spent £12.45 on day one, two games bought so far, my bank balance will not look great in 10 days time.

SR is alot of fun if you like the open world goof off type games. I've had it for a while. Got it for 50% off I think it was. I dont have any DLC and still play it an hour or two a week.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

I'm on the fence about getting the Shogun 2 pack..I haven't played an RTS in awhile.

Should I get the pack? Or just Shogun fall of the samurai?

edit: Also Legend of Grimrock is a wet dream for old school RPGists apparently. I haven't tried it yet, but i'm thinking about it.

• Arma 2 w/ expansion for 20% off. it's all about that DayZ!!! who doesn't like zombies!?  :)

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

SR3 is fun.  I think I put 40+ hours into it.  I voted for it in the hopes that the DLC would be 75% off, however they were not.  Base game is definitely worth $7.50.  I really like GTA style games though, and SR3 fit right in there.

If you guys like RTS, you must get Crusader Kings II.  It's really good, one of Paradox's best titles as of late.  There is an awesome Game of Thrones mod for it too.

If they put up Borderalnds 2 preorder at 75% off, I will start wearing a steam shirt and creating a religion based on worshipping steam.

( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• biogermbiogerm Member UncommonPosts: 168

got portal2 for 5$

and yeah a 75% on borderlands 2 will be great, but i dont think will see that.

on the other hands, getting torchlight 2 for 10$ will be nice :)

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    I got the Indie pack, AVP, Darksiders, and The Walking Dead. I was pondering SR3, but the price was still too steep IMO. Left 4 Dead 2 was also up for consideration, but I passed on it for now because I already picked a zombie game.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

Keeping an eye open for Witcher 2.

a yo ho ho

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

the actual steam site http://store.steampowered.com/
    new deals each day through the 22nd July.

You guys that have played these game, let the rest of us know which three, or package you recommend we purchase, esp since some are 50 to 90% off.

edit
    ps seems one has to install Steam or Valve to access/play these games.

? what is SR 3, not see it as a game nor a pack on the Steam site ? calif State Route 3, or saints row 3 ?

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Yeah, SR3 has to be the best value I've gotten for a price point I've seen in a long time. It's so off-the-wall fun that I am surprised I was able to wait this long, and not have jumped on it at release.

Soooo damned fun.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

So far got

• SR 3
    • From Dust
    • Anno 2070
    • Legend of Grimrock
    • Arma 2 pack
    • Cyan Complete pack
    I think the 2k pack looks good value as I already have got most of them.

Ahhh! Ive been wondering whether or not to buy anno 2070!  It seems nice but idk....is it fun? Like...Sim theme park fun? o.o lol

SR3= Saints Row 3.  The sale for it is over I think and it was up the other night.  It was only for 12$ and idk how you could say that was steep o.o

Rockstar hit collection is nice if you like rockstar games @_@ Assasins creed revelations is up for 14$ for the next 2 hour.  But yeah saints row 3 was probably the best deal so far.

( o.o)
    (")(")

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    I also got Lone Survivor, The Binding of Isaac, and The Tribes pack. I see myself walking away with 20 games or more of this keeps up. Ironically, I would not have touched Steam a year ago, but Batman and Skryim got me started.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.