Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AO2?

EsorllehEsorlleh Member Posts: 129

I played a bit of AO back in the day and I absolutely loved it. It had great infrastructure, great community, great philosophy.
Unfortunately, graphics are kinda important to me and so I ended up moving on to newer games..

Since a total graphics overhaul is unlikely and it's a shame such great mechanics are going to waste,
I'm wondering if there's any news of AO2?
And if not, which existing or upcoming MMO out there closely resembles AO do you think?

MMO Fav List:
Lineage 2 | 5x Silver Ranger, 7x Shillien Elder <- Active
WoW | 6x Rogue, 1x Priest
Anarchy Online | 8x MetaPhysicist
Saga of Ryzom | Matis Light Armourer

Waiting for: Age of Conan, Lineage 3

Comments

• battleaxe22battleaxe22 Member UncommonPosts: 303

Nope ...no Ao2 ....a new expansion is comming though ..and the 1.60 patch has a graphical upgrade ( better textures blabal::::02:: )

• StarkStark Member Posts: 119
    Funcom is slowly improving the graphics engine starting with the 16.0 patch. A new expansion is coming soon called Lost Eden. Funcom is currently working on a brand new MMORPG called Age Of Conan. There will not be an "AO2".
  • XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

Hehe... Anarchy Online II: Age of Conan. Jobe scientists open a portal through time to earth.

The best things in life are to crush your enemies, to see them fall before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
    ::::02::

From my perspective anyway, they don't seem to be headed towards an AO2, at least not in the immediate future. The expansions seem to be their focus.

• CaniguaCanigua Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by Xpheyel

From my perspective anyway, they don't seem to be headed towards an AO2, at least not in the immediate future. The expansions seem to be their focus.

Well,Funcom do work on a third MMO atm,witch name aint announced yet.

So it can be AO2 for what we knowimage

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

Originally posted by Canigua

why would they work on a 3rd MMO?
    when they canceled 1 already to work on Age of Conan and AO.
  • Hellscream07Hellscream07 Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by Canigua

Nah, FC is already working on Age of Cohan. and they're uberbusy with LE, throwing special offers and discussions bout it (just 1 the other day through Xfire). they're rather improving the graphics through patches, as the rest of the ppl said. guess they wanna stick with THIS Ao for now. just try to look over the graphics, the gameplay is what counts at the end image

• ForneusForneus Member Posts: 14

AO2 would be an interesting concept image

unfortunately are there not that many sci-fi mmorpgs made, compared to fantasy-  the games that are released have very different in gameplay, like neocron and eve, but the game i see that is most similar to AO are probably SWG.

Originally posted by Maxxx
    why would they work on a 3rd MMO?
    when they canceled 1 already to work on Age of Conan and AO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Online

Originally posted by Hellscream07
    Nah, FC is already working on Age of Cohan. and they're uberbusy with LE, throwing special offers and discussions bout it (just 1 the other day through Xfire). they're rather improving the graphics through patches, as the rest of the ppl said. guess they wanna stick with THIS Ao for now. just try to look over the graphics, the gameplay is what counts at the end image

So what your saying is,a game company cant produce more than 2 games at the same time?imageimage

actually,FC is gettin bigger you know,employing new people all the time,and establish new offices all over the world

• swiftanswiftan Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Forneus
    AO2 would be an interesting concept image
    unfortunately are there not that many sci-fi mmorpgs made, compared to fantasy- the games that are released have very different in gameplay, like neocron and eve, but the game i see that is most similar to AO are probably SWG.

Ekkk.. its bad to have AO2. Take Everquest for an example.. how EQ2 disappointed the players? AO it self is still fun for so years. And i cant wait for the new expansion ::::24::