Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems with Free AO

NemonyteNemonyte Member Posts: 49

I've d/led the files. I tried to instal using the set-up file and it said use the install. The install file trys to install hydravision by ATI, I don't even have an ATI card. If anyone else is having this problem or knows how to fix it, Please post help!!

Reality is not all it's cracked up to be...That's why there are video games

Reality is not all it's cracked up to be...That's why there are video games

Comments

• FlapsFlaps Member Posts: 47

first make sure you have downloaded the files to a directory not named TEMP or similar...

second search all folders and files called TEMP or .TMP specially in your windows folder...

Finally delete all files and folders inside these TEMP folders, and delete all files called *.tmp

The reason for this is that some times windows try to start an installation using many different installs at one time and everything goes up with a bang image

• panacubapanacuba Member Posts: 1
    image i cant install the anarchy online i have a ati with hydravision when i run setup tell me run install.exe firts and i click on that but he run a hydrvision and want to reinstallit when finish i restar and click setup but the same sh1t plz some one tell me how i can resolve this plz plz plzimageimage

i am the worts nightmare

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Yeah I've had Windows try and use the wrong install.exe before on other software installations. For a simple fix, just find that install.exe file that it's trying to use and either delete it or even rename it to ATIinstall.exe or something. Then try installing again. If you don't know where the install.exe is at, just do a search on your computer for that file name.
  • Fullmetall11Fullmetall11 Member Posts: 87

umm i'm also having a problem with installing ao ( the free version) i go to the website and click on the banner that says free ao and then i click on the install client. My comp installs the client but it doesn't let me install the game?

can you guys heelp?

• swiftanswiftan Member Posts: 29

I think some of you have messed up the setup files with others.. When i first play AO early last year, i face the same problem too.. My installation file open .net framework setup.. so i redownload my AO client.. his time in my external harddrive.. and whalla.. it installed perfectly.

Ok about the downloading of free AO client.. you have to get the classic version.. right now funcom have utilized the bittorrent technology to stream the files..

Click here for the Play AO for free campaign