Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Live Update #13

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Details are now available for EverQuest II's Live Update # 13. In this update, the have covered everything from the Desert of Flames Expansion pack to combat changes.

Headlines

• The Desert of Flames expansion pack is here!
  • The long-awaited combat changes are upon us!
  • View your faction standing and character details with the improved Persona window!
  • Guilds no longer rely on patrons, so all members can contribute!
  • Is your wood elf ready to tie the knot, or are you just tired of your surname? Now you can change your last name!
  • Aquatic creatures have been banished from the land!
  • Group experience debt has been removed!
  • Encounter locking restrictions have been relaxed.
  • You can now resurrect players that are outside of your group!
  • Roleplayers rejoice! You can now use a ` or ' in your last name!
  • Sort your Knowledge book by name, level, or category!
  • Challenge other players with the new dueling system!
  • Share items with guildmates using the new guild vault!

For more information on this EverQuest II update, click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• webber317webber317 Member Posts: 5
    It sucks ass! I hated what they did with EQ and now they have ruined EQ2 completeley. I was being owned by single down whites and straight blues. They took my fallen hero so i had to use the grim spellbinder ans HE dies EVERY time  so i had cast a new pet. Usualy i could die 4-5 times in a playsession. I ususlly play 6-8 hrs. I died 7 times in an hour!!! Yellows were impossible to beat untill i learned that you have to play it like eq1. that sucks......i have canceled my account. Unfourtunatly they have ruined the best game ever. Dont buy it. dont play it. If we dont them maube they can fix it it.

Are you a traveling man?

i dont know about the aquatic critters but some times i would hunt water  creatures and what about fishing?

Are you a traveling man?

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by webber317
    It sucks ass! I hated what they did with EQ and now they have ruined EQ2 completeley. I was being owned by single down whites and straight blues. They took my fallen hero so i had to use the grim spellbinder ans HE dies EVERY time  so i had cast a new pet. Usualy i could die 4-5 times in a playsession. I ususlly play 6-8 hrs. I died 7 times in an hour!!! Yellows were impossible to beat untill i learned that you have to play it like eq1. that sucks......i have canceled my account. Unfourtunatly they have ruined the best game ever. Dont buy it. dont play it. If we dont them maube they can fix it it.

Yellows SHOULD kill you. And you said you were being owned by whites and blues but you could kill yellows once you played like EQ1? That's not logical hehe and after 1 day of it being out you cancelled? ROFL good, bye!

Nice first post, I give you a 1!image This is the type of stuff you hear on the official boards and then idiots read that and come here and spread it lol dear lord, this is why on the internet, stupidity is contagious.

maybe i wasnt clear..thats possible....blues and single down whites are killing me big time ...now that is.....yesterday i could solo oranges but only one at a time.

I played eq1 for 5 years until it got stupid and i am not an idiot . I really hate the fact that if someone gives an honest opinion of a game on a board some flame blown jerk decides to pick apart what a man says and call him an idiot. The new patches suck. period. if I stayed in Nek and killed snakes till i lvled i would be there killing greenies for weeks! Thats not right. Before this patch i could go into a zone spend a reasonable amount of time and have a blast monster bashing but now it cant be done unless you want to spend your life in one spot. I play to explore and have fun. They have made that impossible. I havent read anything on the official post ,and i am certainly not interested in you rating of my post!image

Are you a traveling man?

in eq1 the process was pet on mob root mob  dot mob med...repeat.or fear mob pet on mob dot mob repeat.  it was borring and now you have to do the same thing in eq2..that was point

Are you a traveling man?

• DooeRDooeR Member Posts: 5

Don't let anarchyart get to you webber317, he is always making attacks on people and getting them banned. I really think he is part of the MMORPG team. Plus if you look at his xfire account he can't make up his mind on what game he likes to play. He jumps from game to game so much you have to wonder how much he knows about any of these games.

The cool thing is he is the main reason so many people hate this site. Even VN boards are better than this one because of him, come join us over there.

Also you are right the changes are just bad for EQ2.

http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=XFire&file=profile&uname=anarchyart 

^^^yep he knows so much about gaming, LOL

• xminatorxminator Member Posts: 306

It transformed the game to the better for me.

i would be very interested inyour thoughts on this.How did iot make it better? I play a nec. What class do you play ect?

Are you a traveling man?

• NadevNadev Member Posts: 2

I'm a guild leader for a guild on AB of about 100 members, ranging from level 1 to 50.

None of our members are unhappy with the changes, sure they are changes most of the changes where needed, the few nerfs made where things that we saw coming.

The big difference is group mobs are no longer soloable, so if it says Heroic next to it don't even try it.  They have increased the amount of hitpoints that group mobs have, so why they do not hit much harder then a solo mob they will take you a lot longer to kill.

Our guilds necro's that are in there high 40's are still able to solo yellow mobs that are solo mobs, so it can be done.

As a level 39 berserker myself I love the changes that where done to my combat arts, before they where all very basic, X amount of damage and a chance go berserker, now I have debuffs, dots, improved AE damage, I riposte much more, and for the first time I have two group buffs that people should want.

Oh and I only have one buff that I have to recast every 15 minutes the 6 others are until I click them off. 

Nadev

SafeHaven

Originally posted by webber317

maybe i wasnt clear..thats possible....blues and single down whites are killing me big time ...now that is.....yesterday i could solo oranges but only one at a time.
    I played eq1 for 5 years until it got stupid and i am not an idiot . I really hate the fact that if someone gives an honest opinion of a game on a board some flame blown jerk decides to pick apart what a man says and call him an idiot. The new patches suck. period. if I stayed in Nek and killed snakes till i lvled i would be there killing greenies for weeks! Thats not right. Before this patch i could go into a zone spend a reasonable amount of time and have a blast monster bashing but now it cant be done unless you want to spend your life in one spot. I play to explore and have fun. They have made that impossible. I havent read anything on the official post ,and i am certainly not interested in you rating of my post!image

Sorry if you took offense but your post did seem to be a bit unobjective. Yes they did make it more difficult but if you read through you will hear from necros who still do find yellow solo mobs soloable. Soloing solo mobs is still viable, but exploring dangerous areas solo is going to be a problem for any class.

I love the new changes to the game, they made it more challenging! But if you're looking for something easier I recommend World of Warcraft.

EDIT: and BTW you did say they "completely ruined EQ2." so forgive me if it was my impression that you were a bit of a yahoo. EQ2 is far from ruined, and I'm glad it is more difficult now.

Originally posted by DooeR

Don't let anarchyart get to you webber317, he is always making attacks on people and getting them banned. I really think he is part of the MMORPG team. Plus if you look at his xfire account he can't make up his mind on what game he likes to play. He jumps from game to game so much you have to wonder how much he knows about any of these games.
    The cool thing is he is the main reason so many people hate this site. Even VN boards are better than this one because of him, come join us over there.
    http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=XFire&file=profile&uname=anarchyart 
    ^^^yep he knows so much about gaming, LOL

Hi DOZeR! Well you love to post my Xfire profile and think that is an example of all my time gaming, but I don't always use Xfire so it just isn't lol and I'm sorry but there is no better MMOG site than MMORPG.com. The changes are good for gamers who enjoy a challenge and not so good for people who think gaming is 1,4,3,7,4,3,6,4,3,6,3,3,6 yay it's dead! Gonna have to think now, a lot! image

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

[quote]Originally posted by DooeR
    [b]Don't let anarchyart get to you webber317, he is always making attacks on people and getting them banned. I really think he is part of the MMORPG team. Plus if you look at his xfire account he can't make up his mind on what game he likes to play. He jumps from game to game so much you have to wonder how much he knows about any of these games.
    [url=http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=XFire&file=profile&uname=anarchyart]
    ^^^yep he knows so much about gaming, LOL[/b][/quote]

Has nothing to do with him getting you banned.

No one is allowed to make personal attacks on ANY member PERIOD, REGARDLESS of the topic.

We, as MODs, dont Ban people because someone asks us too. We ban people because they deserve it

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.