Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server types

SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

What kind of server they are in Guild war 2 ?

1-By language (TWS )

2-Few servers (mmo general)

3- 3 or 4 servers (PvP,Pve,Rp)

Comments

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by Sixfeetunder

1-By language (TWS )

1. In the last beta we had this

48 US servers

48 EU servers

(7 French, 9 German and 32 English servers)

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

ok thank you

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Other than having 2 datacenters, 1 located in NA and the other in EU and the german / french language servers there's no further divisions in server types. Basically every server is PVE/PVP/RP all in one.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

1-By language (TWS )

The community has been organizing.

In places like reddit and guildwars2guru there are threads about which specific communites (like Ropleplaying our country) and guilds will end up.

Here is the guru therad http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/32389-world-choice-guilds-and-communities/

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• D_shandrilD_shandril Member Posts: 116

Here is a list of the servers(might not be complete): http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-and-transferring-worlds-in-guild-wars-2

All server are the same server type. There is no official difference between them but some community(role player, based on language, Guilds regrouping for WvW) are trying to regroup on the same server. US servers are located in texas and I think EU server are located in germany.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

1-By language (TWS )

Everyone else answered things pretty well, but one thing I want to point out.

You can "guest" on any server you want at pretty much any time. That means if if you pick the "wrong" server, you can play with friends on a different one.

The ONLY restriction to that is you are unable to particpate in PvP on anything but your "Home" server. So if you want to support another server in WvW you have to do a transfer (and even then it takes something like 2 weeks before you start to "count" in that server's WvW)

• Originally posted by terrant

1-By language (TWS )

You can "guest" on any server you want at pretty much any time. That means if if you pick the "wrong" server, you can play with friends on a different one.

The ONLY restriction to that is you are unable to particpate in PvP on anything but your "Home" server. So if you want to support another server in WvW you have to do a transfer (and even then it takes something like 2 weeks before you start to "count" in that server's WvW)

Just to clarify further :)  I believe it's only WvW where you are restricted, not SPvP.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by terrant

1-By language (TWS )

I'm sure about WvWvW but are you sure sPVP is not cross-server?

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

Cool !!! thank you everyone... guild war 2 look good.. i will trying after my TSW free month

• dellirious13dellirious13 Member Posts: 205

Cool !!! thank you everyone... guild war 2 look good.. i will trying after my TSW free month

Also! If you would want to RP or something like that. There are servers that are RP heavy, if you look around gw2 guru forums or google search it, you should be able to find which servers the RP guilds are planning on using. :)

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by seridan
    Originally posted by terrant

1-By language (TWS )

I'm sure about WvWvW but are you sure sPVP is not cross-server?

SPvP is cross server, actually if you only play sPvP you essentially don't exist on your home server.