Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free 10 hour trial for Guild Wars from ATI!

playrh8rplayrh8r Member Posts: 13

http://digg.com/gaming/Free_10_hour_trial_of_Guild_Wars

It seems to work even if you didnt purchase an ATI branded card.

Jeff

Comments

• DefectDefect Member Posts: 246

I just tried it, and it worked fine, got my CD-Key instantly via email, thanks Jeff! (By the way, no ATI card is required, it just asks for your name and email address)

• playrh8rplayrh8r Member Posts: 13

After playing the game last night on the trial, I am definitly considering picking this up.

Looks really fun.

Jeff

I dunno. It gets real old real fast. Not much to do after you get higher level I hear.

Oh really? Thats dissapointing. I love the interface and the graphics look stunning. I'm burned out with WoW and am looking for a more casual game. BF2 is taking up alot of my time, but I want to continue to play a fantasy MMO without the time commitments. Guild wars looks perfrect for me. But if it gets boring too fast I might reconsider.

Jeff

Well, considering your time limit, GW will probably be good for you.

• KartelKartel Member Posts: 241

Originally posted by Defect
    I dunno. It gets real old real fast. Not much to do after you get higher level I hear.
    You hear? So is that speaking from experience or what? I'm guessing not, since the majority of the content actually is aimed at the max-lvl crowd.

I do believe I clearly stated "I hear" therefor no, not from experience genius. And thats what people are saying when I ask. Goodjob making an idiot out of yourself. lol

• Scion_BlazerScion_Blazer Member Posts: 13

Do you still need a credit card to register and play it?

--

Danny.

No lol thats the best part!

jeff

• KartelKartel Member Posts: 241

I do believe I clearly stated "I hear" therefor no, not from experience genius. And thats what people are saying when I ask. Goodjob making an idiot out of yourself. lol

I try to avoid making assumptions. But yeah, I guess you sure showed me, huh ...

Originally posted by Kartel

I try to avoid making assumptions. But yeah, I guess you sure showed me, huh ...

"I hear" is clearly stating that it's not from a first-hand experience. What assumption is there to be made about that?
  • 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

To let you know....Guild Wars is geared towards max-lvl characters. Whether it be PvE content or more for PvP. The game basically starts after you hit level 20. They allow you hit this cap relatively quickly so you can catch up to your friends and others who have put more time into it. Again this game is based more upon skill and strategy (what skills to bring and what order to mash buttons in) than just spend boat loads of time and collecting the zomg uberness gear.

Play the game for what it is....a game!::::20::

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Guildwars gives you the option to start at MAX LEVEL... That is how much they encourage the end game PvP

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

I posted this earlier but the thread got deleted and I got a moderator warning...something about posting affiliate links. Don't be surprised if this post goes away too.

I'm not sure what you mean by affiliate links. This is a direct link to my entry from Digg (a slashdot like story submission site). Its just like linking to a blog.

There is no click through affiliation.

Jeff

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

I wasn't too sure on that either but I think that they don't want you to submit links to trials that aren't being run by MMORPG.com themselves. Here is the link I posted:

http://buy.ati.com/myprofile/gw_index.asp?AIB=HIS

That link is the exact same as the one linked by the blog. The e-mail I got from MMORPG.com goes as follows:

Dear Ranma13,

You have been issued a warning by one of our moderators.

Warning Category: Other
    Reason: Please do not post referal links on the MMORPG.com forums.

Thank you,

The Staff
    MMORPG.COM

• ErigoreErigore Member Posts: 17
    so its not a virus?  ill try it...
  • DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

The game is focused around PvP.  They made the low level cap so you can get into the action a lot faster.

I agree that it got old, but I did spend about 1400 hours and beat the game 5 times...  that's a long time before I got bored.

Each character takes around 70 hours to go from the start to end of the game, in between you can do PvP with your PvE character and so on.

I had to stop playing the game after the SoF update because no one wanted to do anything but farm bosses for green items, that got old fast.

What will he do next?
  • BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Yes, I'm also noticing that many missions are becoming quite empty. I fear in the future it will be hard to get through the game using PuGs alone. Sure you can solo most of them... But for a first time player that would be a rather cold way to force them to play the game.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

i have been farming in sorrow furnace (WarCamp) , exelent  , finding pugs is not a problem there , pugs there are preaty good comparing to pugs in anyother mission town. there are 2 things you really must learn how to do , if not , at least 1

1 - learn how to find a good leader

2 - be a good leader

im not a good leader , its easy to know , when you are not , peale leave etc , but i consider my selfe a good leader finder , cose i dont complain about finding a team , sure sometimes takes longer , and sometimes , looks like a good team , and only in batle you see its crap , even if you try 3 times with that team , there is no hope , so better for all is really try something diferent.

people that leave after 5 minutes are just ridiculus.

• GervinGervin Member Posts: 159
    So ugh is this still available now? when does this offer expire?

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

cool

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• GervinGervin Member Posts: 159
    awesome it still works!!!

• ZericonZericon Member Posts: 48

NO! You At no time need anytype of Credit Card, Or other payment option. not in a trial, nor in the full retail version!

Wii Love To Play

• yourmom12192yourmom12192 Member Posts: 221
    ye