Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For New JRPG PC Games

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Any suggestions? I want one that is graphically appealing (please no 2D).

Smile

Comments

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

PC Last Remnant, and that's as far as I can think of. 

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

The best JRPG's are on consoles if you ask me, Lost Odyssey, Dragons Dogma, etc. I did enjoy the Last Remnant though, and it has some changes that improved on the Xbox version.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

PC Last Remnant, and that's as far as I can think of. 

Ugh, I knew I should have said, "and please don't suggest Last Remnant." I already played that game.

Smile

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

PC gaming really isn't a big thing in Japan, you're better off looking for emulated console games.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

The only thing I know of is PSO2 beta.  I'm not sure if it's releasing outside of Japan, though.  People are playing the beta.  There is a guide to do it somewhere.

Originally posted by bleyzwun

The only thing I know of is PSO2 beta.  I'm not sure if it's releasing outside of Japan, though.  People are playing the beta.  There is a guide to do it somewhere.

That's an MMO... Not a JRPG. I don't want MMOs.

Smile

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Doragonzu Doguma

Let's internet

Originally posted by ForumPvP

Doragonzu Doguma

That's for Xbox and PS3... I'm starting to think people can't read or something.

Smile

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by bleyzwun

That's an MMO... Not a JRPG. I don't want MMOs.

lol... well technically it's a JRPG.  

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Check out,

Ys Origin

Ys: The Oath of Falghana

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters

Honestly dude if you're a big fan of JRPG then I would suggest in investing in a PSP, 3DS or even a PS3. I have around two dozen Japanese RPG and Strategy games. The fact is in Japan PC gaming is extremely niche and not many games that are made there get ported to PC.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by Z3R01

Check out,

Ys Origin

Ys: The Oath of Falghana

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters

Honestly dude if you're a big fan of JRPG then I would suggest in investing in a PSP, 3DS or even a PS3. I have around two dozen Japanese RPG and Strategy games. The fact is in Japan PC gaming is extremely niche and not many games that are made there get ported to PC.

Yeah... Looks like I gotta get a PS3. It's sad that the PC is ignored for JRPGs when so many people ask for them for the PC (at least in the NA, not too sure about other places).

Smile

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

While I am a huge fan of JRPG's as well the fact is IF there was a HUGE market for them on PC's you and I and everyone else would have many options to choose from.  The fact we don't is directly related to lack of overall interest versus the cost to localize and rewrite them for play on PC.  Investors only interest is their bottom dollar.  If it's not on the market and isn't a completly new concept there's a reason.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by Razeekster

Yeah... Looks like I gotta get a PS3. It's sad that the PC is ignored for JRPGs when so many people ask for them for the PC (at least in the NA, not too sure about other places).

If you get a PS3, try Valkyria Chronicles :P 

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Square Enix is rereleasing Final Fantasy VII on the PC through the Square Enix Store some time.