Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real life = far superior MMORPG experience

Comments

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Not really, everyone is a friggin gold farmer basically...

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

Permadeath in combination with free-for-all gankfest with "aging" feature and random diseases like a cherry on top - you know, whoever sick f...k was who designed the game, he deserves the punch in the balls. Or may be a hundred. Only complete masochists may enjoy playing. Add to that that you don't "go somewhere after", no matter how much wishful thinking you add to that, and this ruins pretty much everything.

Yeah, I can grind and grind and get some small pile of gold right to the time permadeath comes... but why bother? What's the freakin point? If you don't have the skill of "choosing the right parents" from the beginning, you are forever grinding right into permadeath.

Not my idea of a fun, thankyouverymuch.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

There are lots of bugs in real life. Oh, and i'm playing in low quality (glasses)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by PyscoJuggalo

Not really, everyone is a friggin gold farmer basically...

Not true, you are confusing "most people in the US" with everyone. And even in the US there are plenty of hippies that are looking for other stuff than gold and gear (mostly consumables as "weed" or weird buffs like "love" but still).

While I can admit to do some dailys 5 days a week I do rather little farming in the game myself, I just try to amuse myself as best as I can.

• Castekin1000Castekin1000 Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by Kopogero

Its features:

Best possible graphics

Permadeath

Full loot

43243243 of professions

You can literally own people. You can become a king/ruler.

You can go 1 vs MANY and many more

No one can change/nerf your character abilities/skills at any given will

Top of the art player housing

Mini games

It can't be more immersive than it is.

The stakes are higher and the loot is far more enjoyable.

One server supporting billions of players.

It will be around and running until your character dies.

The attitude in "trade chat" is far different and mature since everyone knows your identity.

Oh and yea it's SANDBOX not themepark. Player driven economy, quests, etc.

The amount of players who are bored, unhappy and quitting it is below 0.1% (thats the suicide rate)

The endgame is still evolving. So many technologies, innovations and worlds unknown out there.

Most refuse to believe that real life is a "game" cuz thats how addicted and fooled are by its reality and complexity.

0 BUGS

Animations are perfect.

Combat involves FAR FAR more skills and gear also do matter a lot.

You can do anything you want well if your intelligent enough and at least once in your lifetime.

No LAG, DISCONNECTS

No BOTS, HACKS, CHEATS, EXPLOITS

And there are 554324 of other features I could add here that make real life far more superior MMORPG than any of these hundreds of MMORPG's that been coming out over the last decade that refused to even add one of  those features that I named above.

Props to UO and SWG-Pre CU who at least had SOME of those features back like PLAYER housing and player economy.

Yea, to bad I wasted 10+ years of my life on pointless MMORPGs before I was able to work this out.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I have not reached it yet, but I hear end game really sucks!

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

I have not reached it yet, but I hear end game really sucks!

Yeah, it's like they take back all the levels/skill progression in order to ramp up difficulty.

It's bullshit.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Kykyryz-aKykyryz-a Member Posts: 113

The endgame is still evolving. So many technologies, innovations and worlds unknown out there.

And there are 554324 of other features I could add here that make real life far more superior MMORPG than any of these hundreds of MMORPG's that been coming out over the last decade that refused to even add one of  those features that I named above.

Props to UO and SWG-Pre CU who at least had SOME of those features back like PLAYER housing and player economy.

End game kinda sucks in a  "Real life"  its more mid range lvls oriented :))

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

My life consists of doctors appointments, organ transplants, and probably being dead before I hit 35 so its really not all that great.

• sfc1971sfc1971 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Bah, real life sucks.

Can't play as a girl if the random number generator decided your avatar is a boy. Well you can but it HURTS!

Your avatar model if not maintained with vigor will detoriate rapidly until it is a white hairy blob that has its sprint time reduced and recovery time increased!

Not just the female models jiggle when they run.

Day/night cycle is way to slow, it feels like it takes an entire day for godssake.

The in game economy is just a giant money sink and earning any credits at all takes some major grinding.

The SWG village run to be jedi might have been a long grind but just to grind a CEO in the his "real life" game. DECADES I tell you!

No tech support and the game designer hasn't shown himself on the forums in millenia!

Install time is 9 months!

Respawn times vary depending on faction, talk about unbalanced!

Lots of self-righteous vigilantes who despite the server clearly being open world PvP insists on enforcing their no PK rules.

You can be forced to take part in warzones PvP.

Micro managment hell, forcing you to take care of all your avatar needs constantly as if you are playing The Sims.

Path finding on avatar goes to hell if you swallow to many morale boost potions.

Ranged classes are insanely overpowered compared to melee.

Grinding a proper melee class takes ages and lots of hardwork while ranged just spams their single attack.

No infinite ammo.

No auto-sprint.

Depending on faction, your endgame is either waiting for eternity for new content to be added by some developer with  a mesiah complex, 79 noobs to tutor, redoing the entire game over and over till you get it right or the game just removes itself without a trace and your ranks and achievements are soon purged from the system.

Pet cat character refuses to follow everywhere or even anywhere.

No flying mounts.

Mount costs are insane!

Player housing is totally unimaginitive

No F2P

Cancelling your sub is against the law!

Need I go on? Real life the game SUCKS! I predict it will be shutdown in half a year at the most.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Biggest free to play ripoff EVER. If you want to do anything remotely fun you have to put in cash to access and it's only TEMPORARY access. I quit years ago.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by sfc1971

Day/night cycle is way to slow, it feels like it takes an entire day for godssake.

Don't worry, it speeds up the longer you've been in-game. Eventually you'll be crying it's too short.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

Originally posted by Loke666

Not true, you are confusing "most people in the US" with everyone. And even in the US there are plenty of hippies that are looking for other stuff than gold and gear (mostly consumables as "weed" or weird buffs like "love" but still).

Been there, done that, and you know what? It still sucks. Fun for a couple of years, but after that total bore. Even more than doing dailies. :(

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

Downsides of the game:

1. I find the graphics very disapointing.

2. The class system takes way to long to learn and for some reason every now and than a bug appears making you lose your class. This oftenly is bound to the poor economic system in this game.

3. The combat isn't impresive. With the perma death its not for everyone. And the free for all PvP is just boring, you win and than you get banned for 18 years, i mean wtf? Don't implant full PvP when you make it contradict your rules of agreement.

4. The community suuuuuuucks. You hardly get help and most players only think about themselfs. General chat is full of pwnzor l33t talkers as well.

5. Insane subscription payment.

6. Rather low lvl cap with 75. Although some people manage to get higher lvls, some even over the 100, guess they are cheaters.

Good things:

1. Unique character creation. A feature that is very fun to do. And its always a suprise how the next character will look like. You can mix two characters and get the best sides of both...or the worst sides. Always a suprise, also gotta keep in mind the previous players from that guild. So the next characters can get many buffs or debuffs the older guild players had. Very fun feature, brings a challenge for some.

2. Huge world to explore and rumors say that with the new expension pack somewhere later in this millenium we get to explore the universe around the world ourselfs.

3. Lots of customisation options. Many hairdressings to choose from, many clothes and different kind of armors. You can walk in something trendy and modern. Or just wear a knights armor.

4. Many classes to choose from. Even though it is rather bugged there still is plenty too choose from. And if you are lucky you find one that isn't boring but really fun to do.

5. Housing! Finally a game where you can own a house again!

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I'm playing on max difficulty setting by having children.

Know any good exploits?

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• Goll25Goll25 Member UncommonPosts: 187

yeah but it's pay to play + cash shop - not interested

I'd get into the political aspect of the game, but it's pay to win.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I'll stay in my holodeck.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Originally posted by Palebane

I'll stay in my holodeck.

I have an imaginarium.

Originally posted by Jorendo

5. Housing! Finally a game where you can own a house again!*

Disclaimer: applied only to members of "developed nations". Heavily depends on "chosing parents" and "luck" skills. Otherwise you are lucky if you can get a whole locker all for yourself, without need to share with other players.

Originally posted by Grahor

Disclaimer: applied only to members of "developed nations". Heavily depends on "chosing parents" and "luck" skills. Otherwise you are lucky if you can get a whole locker all for yourself, without need to share with other players.

Ownership of property is at the sole discretion of the ruling faction.

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

I'm playing on max difficulty setting by having children.

Know any good exploits?

I haven't reached that part of the game yet. But i believe it has something to do with collecting a lot of food, drinks, class training (also known as education i believe), shelter and a lot of money.

But it should be easyer with the punishment skill, did you unlock that one yet? If you want to discipline them you can give them a wide arrange of punishments like being grounded or no candy for a week. Be aware depending on the childs parameters one punishment has a better effect than the other. The removed the more harsh punishments in some regions of the massive world. Like it used to be alright to give them a correction kick under the ass but they removed that from most regions, so just becareful on some punishments there is a ban (agian whats with implanting stuff and ban people for it when using, remove it devs!!!).

Oh and do a lot of those "themepark" dungeons. It seems to have a positive effect on these NPC childs. Makes them easyer to control and the love parameter fills up faster that way. Meaning less trouble for a day at least.

Goodluck with that difficulty, though i believe you mostly only have to endure it for about 18 lvls.

Originally posted by Grahor

Well i said it was in the game. But not everyone grinds for it. And some regions/factions indeed make it harder to own a ingame house. Than again those regions do stimulate being creative, many cases you collect a few objects and make something you can call shelter.

Killing 10 rats when you are 1 is not recommended.

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256
    Originally posted by RoyalPhunk

0 BUGS

I beg to differ there are tons of bugs.

Everything that's created functions as it should.

my wife doesnt. besides this game is too grindy from lvl 20+. endgame not that impressive as well. and too bad i can only play it once, its pretty good game sometimes.

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos