Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst Game publisher in your opinion?

Comments

• DemandmanDemandman Member Posts: 57

EA

• Sys7emSys7em Member UncommonPosts: 120

Funcom, ever since Age of Conan I will never play another failcom game. image

• rainmmorainmmo Member Posts: 3

Aeria Games

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

(1) Actiblizz

(2) EA

For me its real close between these two but for now actiblizz wins...

Playing GW2..

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Turbine by far, makes EA and Activision look like saints.

Why?  Everytime the do an "update" the break a whole slew of things, the refuse to acknowlede some bugs or that they won't address long time issues that been there for years, gave promises and never fulfilled em and when they finally were going to fulfill em the postpone em, some of the worst artists or more percisely they use older models and take pieces and put em together like a Mr. Patatoe head, ridicously grindy and offer no real content besides grinding till your eyes bleed.  Ehhh guess that enough of the hate sauce.  Hate Turbine and how the did DDO, Neverwinter can't come soon enough.  Overall their staff is highly incompetent in my eyes.  How you constantly break crap in updates is beyond me, this is not a once in a while but every friggin time.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I hate EA for runing some of the franchises I as a kid used to love but really i always enjoy their games, more so than any other publishers even.

For me I have always had a problem with capcom, be it always miking users with 50 editions of games or the plain horrible ports of every game they do on PC. Someone mentioned Nexon and Customer service, having played many f2p games while paying in them too it really isn't a big surprise to me. Support in those games from the get go is severely limited and with the amount of hacking, exploiting and things of that nature that happen in f2p games those guys always have their hands full.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246
    Originally posted by Outkast22

Tie between Activision and EA.

If I had to pick one it would be EA. 

Pretty much the same for me, but I'd put Activision on top.  They proudly, arrogantly, and openly go out of their way to be douchebags.  And they get away with it, which is hilarious.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

Never had any issues with Nexon.  EA is the worst by far.  Nexon might just have incompetent or non existant customer service.  EA is actively evil.  EA has no intention of financing good games, EA is all about the cash grab and the slow milking until death.  They don't bother even trying to right failing games, Warhammer Online may have stabilized if it had gone free to play.  The worst part of EA isn't the cash grab strategy, it's that they kill good gaming studios in the process.   

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84

nexon

Nc west

frogster

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by BigHatLogan

Never had any issues with Nexon.  EA is the worst by far.  Nexon might just have incompetent or non existant customer service.  EA is actively evil.  EA has no intention of financing good games, EA is all about the cash grab and the slow milking until death.  They don't bother even trying to right failing games, Warhammer Online may have stabilized if it had gone free to play.  The worst part of EA isn't the cash grab strategy, it's that they kill good gaming studios in the process.   

we r talking about PUBLISHER

not support or game creater

EA are probably one of the best at publishing games cause they have shitload of money

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Activision or EA from what I have heard. Some good from  them,EA and GOG, but lot of bad practices too. The industry isn't just good...

• VolnusVolnus Member UncommonPosts: 40

With out a doubt EA they dont care about the game or the customers they only want money look at the tortanic

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

Frogster

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Nexon.

Frogster, PWE, EA, SoE, Activision-Blizzard and Turbine don't lag far behing.

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

EA. Not touching them  ever again.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372

The most trouble I have ever hsd was with IGG, and I hear they have not improved one bit.

Nanulak

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Sys7em

Funcom, ever since Age of Conan I will never play another failcom game. image

If you look past the bad launch AoC is actually a very good game.

If it's fun I'll play it. The company doesn't make a difference to me as long as I'm having fun.

• spinesplitspinesplit Member Posts: 115

wow......i thought this thread would be full of the name *ncsoft*

• TrunksZTrunksZ Member Posts: 263

EA for me, they are the reason so many good games fail and take credit of the few good ones they have when they don't really deserve it.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

EA's the easy target, but I think for all of their misses they get enough hits a year to stay on top. Sad, but true.

To me it's Ubisoft. They followed the EA model, bought up a bunch of beloved, if not small based, titles and tried to reinvent them to both appeal to their former base and a new public. I mean this mostly covers niche games like the Petz series, but if you look at that game's history and what they did to dissolve it into bargin bin gaming buys. Oi, that's the worse.

a yo ho ho

• WhiteProphetWhiteProphet Member UncommonPosts: 47

EA of curse

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

1: EA

2: SOE

3: Lucasarts

Between those companies, they have destroyed more games than produced good games which is a staggering feat.

• HybridvampyrHybridvampyr Member Posts: 61

Nexon

Quite happy to take your money but when you try and contact them for any support all communication just vanishes. It's a damn annoying method of support.

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

EA

followed closely by SOE

• LazzlosLazzlos Member Posts: 11

Neon - Oh god... No words to explain why. It's just ridiciolus what they're doing.

Blizzard is really wants to push down Nexon tho. It's sad that they used to be a decent company.