Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst Game publisher in your opinion?

ThePvPGuyThePvPGuy Member Posts: 5

Title explains it all, what's the worst game publisher you know?

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Nexon.

I've spent money on their games and they still treat me like a freeloader. 2 years ago I could no longer play anything on my account because it was tied to an email address I had tied to my personal website, which I let go defunct at some point. I sent in a ticket, and they closed it with a reply saying "check out this link to handle your issue". The link just led to their main page and nothing else, I gave up.

I tried again weeks ago, explaining they sent me on a wild goose chase the last time around, and after a week of waiting for any kind of response - they reply with "more information needed", but not a single reply as to WHAT information was needed. So I replied "what are you even looking for? I can answer any security questions posed prior" and explained that I never used a CC for thier games, and instead bought NX cards at target and 711. It's been a "work in progress" for just as long as it took to get that lame reply now, again.

I am 100% certain that their customer support just flags issues and then lets them sit until it backs up heavily and they close them all at once. Worst company on the fucking planet - and that's not even mentioning their horrible methodology involving F2P games. If it's not gachapon gambling, it's outright ridiculous setbacks - like in Mabinogi, where they remove access to half your bank and inventory (thusly losing items placed in it) until you buy items to bring it back, once you hit a certain level.

If I keep getting the runaround over trying to access Vindictus again, then I am never playing anything of theirs ever again - and I was a paying customer too.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481
    Originally posted by ThePvPGuy

Title explains it all, what's the worst game publisher you know?

EA Games, because they destroyed Command and Conquer after acquiring Westwood studios. I will never forgive their transgression.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240

Nexon, their games are mediocre and the support is non existent.

They wont let me play some of their games.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Either nexon or ea for me.
    Origin sucks, dev companies somehow dir after being bought out, and they kill decent series(c&c, dk,etc)

For nexon... Cash shop setup is stupid and nonexistant customer support.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Blizzard

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• NiiehNiieh Member Posts: 46

Games-Masters (publisher of games like Cabal online and Hero online)

They hardly communicate with their players, cash shop prices are outrageous, customer service and community management are words they have never heard about, and they don’t really care about doing something against hacking or botting.

A couple of examples:
    - You’ll pay 30 euros for a costume in the cash shop. That’s more than half the price of a whole game like Skyrim or GW2. Even Sparkle Ponies in Wow are cheaper than that.
    - They have a policy of not refunding or returning any items in case of a hacked account. Because you know, if you get hacked, it’s your own stupid fault (which is in many cases true of course, but not always!)
    - If you send in a ticket about a technical issue with the game, it will take at least a couple of weeks to receive an answer. If you get an answer at all. 
  • critirichardcritirichard Member Posts: 8

IGG

RTS RPG

• AndraviusAndravius Member UncommonPosts: 82

Lucas Arts.  

Killed their own IP with 2 different game developers.

(not to mention the franchise that started it all for them.)

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185

Nexon. No respect for players, terrible customer service and lastly, p2w.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Funcom !

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • freegefreege Member UncommonPosts: 75

Activision, Due to the fact they completely ditched the PC community after COD4.

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395

EA Games.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

I think EA, closely followed by SOE.  But there are just so many to choose from.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Funcom !

I thought funcom was just a developer and always has someone else publish their games?  Isn't EA publishing TSW?

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174

Frogster

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Nexon is now on my radar because my old Atlantica account is now apparently gone, I played back with ndoors and when the game was first out.  So my L90+ character who had a few lincenses in bank and I put a few $$ into, nothing major but a few $$ is all gone it seems.  Not that I can get them to answer or respond to any customer support ticket I sent in, lol.   Oh well I may make a new Atlantica account to mess around in till GW2.

But for me despite liking Free Realms and some other SOE games, SOE has to be the worst because of what they did to SWG.  I am one of the ones who will never ever forget or forgive them for that.

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

I have to go with OP...

Nexon,

Frogster,

EA.

I retired retroactively..Haha

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

1  EA for killing my favorite games.   Rainbow Six games where the best shooter, fun maps and quick spawn.  

2  Lucas Arts and SOE for killing my favorite mmo with a slow death from cutting off development.

3  Funcom for broken promises.

• daisdais Member UncommonPosts: 95

Blizzard gets an honorable mention in this.  I don't think they are the worst, certainly there are companies out there that absolutely want to get as much of your money as fast as possible and skip town with zero regard to your enjoyment of their product.  I mention them though because they have fallen the furthest.  From one of the most loved developers to some of the most loathed.  EA fits into that category too.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

Zenimax. Sales figures say i'm completely wrong. Personally, I'm sick of buying bugged crap and just won't again. Unless it's 15 or less on steam, that is.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

After Diablo 3 = Activision-Blizzard. Not just because that game was such a POS, but because they totally blew so much customer goodwill and trust in their brand.  People expected a lot.

A close second would be EA-Bioware because of SWTOR (and ME3, though I didn't play it and have only read about it). The only reason it's 2nd is because even though expectations were high, I don't feel they were quite as high as for Acti-Blizz. 

No, I don't have the metrics or a link. Just my opinion pulled fresh out of ... 

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Just going from MMOs:

Blizzard

why?  they make the most money by an enormous margin, yet they dont put the money back in to the game.    WoW expansions should be Kunark sized and yearly.  At least when other companies put out cahs shops on top of sub models, you can believe the money gets at least partially put back into the game.  But with WoW?  I have no clue where that money goes, but it sure isnt to WoW's development.  Games like Rift and EQ2 that have less than 10% of WoW's NA/EU subs put out more content than WoW.  Every company is in it to make money.  Blizzard is the one company that I can for 100% certain say is abnormally greedy.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

2-weeks since Nexon asked me for "additional info" on my ticket, 3 weeks since I originally filed it. Every 2 days their system runs a update check for CS, and nothing whatsoever is happening.

Beyond ridiculous.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Outkast22Outkast22 Member Posts: 51

Tie between Activision and EA.

If I had to pick one it would be EA.