Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Couple free MMORPGish games

I noticed a couple games missing from the "Free" thread - neither of these are truly MMORPGs, they're more like Kings of Chaos - turn based, semi-interactive. That said, they're entirely browser based, and can be played at hour in 30 minutes or so of time, and are keeping me very amused. If these are posted, just not where I saw them, my apologies.

Kingdom of Loathing (www.kingdomofloathing.com) - KoL is just horribly amusing. It's a semi-traditional fantasy adventuring game - go places, kill stuff, take their meat, level up. Has 6 classes - Turtle Tamer, Seal Clubber, Pastamancer, Sauceror, Disco Bandit, Accordian Thief. It's a definite spoof game, but it's actually amusing (On the Penultimate Fantasy Airship, you can encouter a quiet healer, a spiky haired kid, a burly sidekick with a machine gun for an arm, etc. The quiet healer's attack often reads: "....") and a good game besides.

Urban Dead (www.urbandead.com) - it's rough and fairly new, but I've been playing it as both a Zombie and a human. Basic setup is a zombie infested town - you can play a survivor, or a zombie, a number of classes, etc. First time I played I quit in a few minutes, now I have 7 characters that I play each day, so...

Oh, and first post, heya all. ;) Hopefully I didn't make a fool out of myself right out of the gate.

Who am I?
@Lorechaser on CoH
Badjuju, Splinterhoof, Plainsrunner on WoW (Moonrunner)
Shyy'rissk on SWG (Flurry)
ClockworkSoldier, HE Pierce, Letnev on Planetside
Gyshe, Crucible, Terrakal on DDO
And many more.

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

welcome aboard!

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• BaFooNBaFooN Member Posts: 239

very nice post, and welcome!

• TechnyzeTechnyze Member UncommonPosts: 80

Thier was a guy looking for browser games, hopefully he reads this. Thanks and welcome.

• ZenodiceZenodice Member Posts: 56

You sound like one of the goons from SA.... or maybe im crazy but I know the goons have lots of presence in both those games.

• KingGrowlKingGrowl Member UncommonPosts: 237

KoL Is really fun wow. I'm actually kinda dissapointed that its so silly, I wish there was another game that was alot like this one but maybe a bit more serious.

Thats the first browser based game I've ever truely enjoyed. Thank you.

Know of anymore that are very similar to this one?

• XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

I couldn't stick with KoL, largely due to PHP timeouts when I was trying to play. That Urbandead game sounds interesting, not a setting I've played in. Thanks for the link.

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312

KoL is a swell game for the first few weeks.. but then it becomes a bore since most of the end-stuff isn't even finished. It's a nice ride until then though.

• lorechaserlorechaser Member Posts: 124

Everything's done, now, actually. The Naughty Sorceress has been put in, her lair is pretty involved, and once you beat her, which is a pain, you can Ascend and start as a new class.

Who am I?
    @Lorechaser on CoH
    Badjuju, Splinterhoof, Plainsrunner on WoW (Moonrunner)
    Shyy'rissk on SWG (Flurry)
    ClockworkSoldier, HE Pierce, Letnev on Planetside
    Gyshe, Crucible, Terrakal on DDO
    And many more.