Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With Bioware's repeated fails...will you buy from them at release?

124»

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Sadly not after Dragon Age 2 & SWTOR....

too bad because they were my fav studio & instant buy most of the times...

Now i´ll wait for reviews.

• DutchezzDutchezz Member Posts: 2

SWTOR was taking into consideration the speculated money invested in it the worst MMO of all time... period

I did not think Dragon Age 2 was that bad it was not a patch on the first one though which is a dissapointment..

Never say Never but I doubt i will look at an MMO from bioware in a long time.. (but I doubt they will ever make another)

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

No but you can never really say never. but as far as MMO's go i'm done with the entire industry but a few smaller indie ones that i'm interested in.

It's not just BW it's all the ones who have large publishers attached to them. bean counters design MMO's these days, not people who want to make anything worth playing.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

The Bioware name will be dead and buried by EA in about a year. EA will have milked it for its worth and moved on.

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

EA is considered one of the worst companies in the world. At least it is the worst in the US. So it would be ignorant to think EA could do or release anything good. They ruin everything they touch and have no idea how to create good games or what it takes to be a successful company. No reason to buy things that will certainly fail...

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Isasis

Mass Effect 3...Dragon Age 2...and now SWTOR.

All have been heavily critizied. However, their older games...Mass Effect 1 and 2...Dragon Age 1...even before that...have been critically acclaimed. After they got bought by EA, it seems their games are no longer the quality they once were.

And SWTOR is already talking about turning free and losing a good portion of their servers. It did much horribly than anticipated.

Will you still buy Bioware games at release? Do you still enjoy Bioware's new games? Or are you disatisfied with their latest games they have made?

Bioware was closed the day EA bought it.

(Even the Bioware doctors said it - Quote: We are EA)

And no.

There are plenty of RPG companies that way surpased the shit EA was showeling at us lately.

CD project , Bethesda , Obsidian - they are RPG kings now

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

Guys some of you are being silly, EA has released some excellent games that arguably have provided many  hours of entertainment .Some examples are

• Dead Space
    • Alice: Madness Returns
    • Crysis 2
    • Dungeon Keeper 1 &2
    • Kingdoms of Amalur
    • The Saboteur
    I can keep naming but you should get my point, you can't make blanket statements like "EA is a terrible company that doesn't produce worthwhile games"

Also that survey that rated EA as the worst overall  USA company lacks credibility and obviously loads of jaded gamers contributed towards that poll, the DA2 fiasco was probably the reason for this . EA has in no way been anywhere near as harmful to  people as the financial companies that caused, and still do, the financial recession. The likes of AIG, Lehman Brothers and Freddie Mac that lead  people to lose there life savings and become economically destitute would surly be more disliked than a gaming company. So once again how realistic is that Poll?

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

The 'worst company is EA' was hilariously out of touch from reality.

But then again, gamers aren't the best when it comes to facts or logic.

The EA exec said something along the lines of 'We are worse than cigarette making companies. That should tell you what how 'serious' the poll should be taken as'.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547
    Originally posted by jpnz

The EA exec said something along the lines of 'We are worse than cigarette making companies. That should tell you what how 'serious' the poll should be taken as'.

Exactly my point, there are MUCH worse companies :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363
    Originally posted by bcrankshaw

Guys some of you are being silly, EA has released some excellent games that arguably have provided many  hours of entertainment .Some examples are

• Dead Space
    • Alice: Madness Returns
    • Crysis 2
    • Dungeon Keeper 1 &2
    • Kingdoms of Amalur
    • The Saboteur
    I can keep naming but you should get my point, you can't make blanket statements like "EA is a terrible company that doesn't produce worthwhile games"

Also that survey that rated EA as the worst overall  USA company lacks credibility and obviously loads of jaded gamers contributed towards that poll, the DA2 fiasco was probably the reason for this . EA has in no way been anywhere near as harmful to  people as the financial companies that caused, and still do, the financial recession. The likes of AIG, Lehman Brothers and Freddie Mac that lead  people to lose there life savings and become economically destitute would surly be more disliked than a gaming company. So once again how realistic is that Poll?

Actually, it was right around the ME3 ending fiasco that caused it.

But whether or not the survey was hyperbole, it solidifed something that can no longer be denied, EA has an absolutely atrocious image, and even if overblown, the bad rep is well-deserved.  Putting Crysis in the same league as Kingdoms is.... well..... no.  Kingdoms was a fine game at best.  not a good game, certainly not a great game.  Dead Space was indeed good..... and now the series is being forever gutted in Dead Space 3, which is no longer survival horror, but instead co-op dudebro shooter.

There was a time when EA was a revolutionary company.  The only thing they've revolutionized nowadays is how to maximize profit with the smallest amount of effort possible.  From a business standpoint, it's amazing.  From a gaming standpoint, it really makes you sick.  It's been awhile since EA has put out something that really elevated the bar for gaming.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363
    Originally posted by jpnz

Even if a bit overblown, it honestly should've caused some soul-searching.  How the hell did we end up getting ranked worse than cigarette companies and Bank of America?  has any of this influenced our stock price, which makes "in the cellar" look favorable?