Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Features that would be nice to have added to GW

FizblixFizblix Member UncommonPosts: 130

Post things you would like to see added to improve GW

Alliance Chat - Multiple guilds can join together and share one chat channel - like Guild Chat but for many guilds.

An icon on the screen during GvG that shows who has control of the tower and how long till the next moral bonus.

Removing the exhaustion you get from casting a spell then moveing to break it. Can build up 30 exhaustion and not even cast the spell cuz you had to move or lagged some.

The 100g to recruit someone to your guild is taken out of your bank, not your current character. I have one slot I use for pvp chars and delete it several times each day. Haveing to switch to an RP char or go get money from the vault is a hastle that shouldn't need to be there.

Let us save templates to hour hardrive and be able to select them on the template menu in the PVP char creator. That way we can delete a character - create a new pvp char and select the template which would have all our runes, weapons, skills, attributes, and character customization instantly set to how we had it.

Also it would be nice to be able to download templates from eachother via ingame or outgame(email, etc) and it would select all the skills you have that match, your highest runes that match, and highest weapon mods you have compared to that template. Whatever you don't have it leaves out or uses a lower version.

Get rid of the 30 minute Victory or Death thing(dumb idea)... If the match is too long, they can exit out and make a build that kills faster.

Guild ranks gained/lossed depending on team you're fighting - It really sucks to lose to a team rank 3,400 when you're rank 109 and their main guild is actually rank 4. That kicks you very very far down the ladder when you lose... one fight can set you back 5 wins worth of fights. I suggest that if a team is more or less then 100 ranks than your guild - you only gain/lose standing as if they were 100 ranks above/below you max.

My guild has 3 guild halls, and 1 of them we play alot on with FFA builds(we just grab whatever we want to play with no concern of what everyone else is playing... if that means the only healer is the henchmen, so be it) We don't wory about loseing rank in this guild. However we are a top 100 guild and when we're playing our throwaway guild we really hurt the standing of people who are higher rank, but far less experienced then us and its not really fair.

Make it so each guild can select which 4 henchmen they want available in their guild hall. I'd pass on the warrior, ranger, or mage for a the protection monk henchy 90% of the time when we need to take a henchy.

Speaking of henchies, give the Healer Henchy for GvG a better rez... Its a henchy, not a real player - give her a break. My guild never uses monk rez's in GvG. We only use rez signets. The healer henchy rezing you usually means you're about to get another 15%dp right after she rez's you, which doesnt help. Getting rez'd by the healer henchy when you have 45% DP and laying in the middle of an AoE spell = dead again instantly - And really sucks when its like 10 seconds before the next even minute mark (auto rez)

Guild Member list - with a name like guildwars, you'd thing that it would have a guild member list menu that was better then most other games... why does it show such little information? Would be nice to see peoples class/level/current zone and district.

Mostly Harmless Guild   ♦  Youtube  ♦  Sponsored by Mr. Beer

Comments

• sholmes983sholmes983 Member Posts: 11

The one thing that I would really love to see are more stats integrated into the game.  This game bases itself around PvP so it should have better stats in that respect.  For example I'd like to load up guildwars.com and see the last 10 matches a guild has played, or maybe even useless stats like number of kills, which members were in each fight, stuff like that.

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

I would love to be able to save and load templates...

If you try to load one and don't have all the skills unlocked it could just buzz or something. But yes with many people only having 1 slot for PvP chars having to delete and remake becomes nothing but a hassle... and of course you always forget to put that one Rune in or weapon upgrade on.

Aside from that... much like your alliance chat...
    I would like to be able to make private chat rooms... Mainly so I can chat with all my friends at once while in game.

It is quite common for a online game to allow you to make and password protect chat rooms. I want this even morese since local chat is so horrible. This system could be used for officer chat or alliance chat etc.

You should be able to create chat groups... and whever you log on you auto join them. Unless you type /leave chat xxxxx at which time you will never auto join again. and would have to use /join chat xxxxx