Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My humble requests for SMITE players

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
  1. Please buy wards and place it around.  Itll save lives I promise but only if...

2. Look at the god forsaken minimap.  If 4 are missing and youre chasing a low hp player, its probably a bait.

3. If you are in mid and you are a heavy pusher (Ao, Ra, Anubis, Hel) You can push to their tower and quickly go to the side to harass and help them win their lanes.  Do not stay too long because your lane opponent might push hard and take your tower.  Also, drop wards on the way so you can see if your lanemate follows.

4. Build some form of defense item unless you are an artillery type char such as Ao or have natural tank such as zeus.  Please remember to NOT chase the enemy unless you know they wont be able to gank you or turn around and gib you.

5. When running away, please try to hide behind the person with the most effective hp.  Hiding behind Ymir while Artemis is chasing you will most likely let you live.

6. Look at the minimap.  Look at it often. And drop wards.

7. Having both side lans with HoG just to quickly secure the buffs while laning will help immensely.  Having a dedicated jungle helps but please make sure to allow him to get ganks.  By that I mean let the enemy push if your jungler is near.

8. If you are duo laned with someone, make sure there is some form of synergy.  Artemis + strong burst = easy kill at level 5.  If you are against that, make sure you build the cleanse orb (forgot the name).

9. Hels #2 abiliity protects you for 1-2 seconds from CC.  You can use this to your advantage by dropping it right as you see Wukong toss the barrel and you will be immune to the fear.  You can do this for the boar as well but its better to just aoe the boar down. 

10. If they have an aoe instagib team (Ymir, Hades, Zeus, Wukong. any 2 of those in a single team), build yourself a purification bead and the immune to damage for 3 seconds ability.  This will negate their entire instagiib combo and you will be able to kill them.

11. If you can feel a bad matchup coming, call a lane switch BEFORE you end up feeding.  Guan Yu VS Zeus mid?  Zeus should switch ASAP.  Kali vs Artemis?  Artemis should switch OR play defensively.  Kali is immune to CC during her ult which is more than enough time to kill Artemis especially so in a duo lane.   Ymir can counter that somewhat though! Ao VS Zeus, switch zeus out.   Ao will be able to push zeus to the tower extremely easily and if Ao went with the CDR level 2 item, he will NOT run out of mana. Calling for ganks will alleviate this but in this match up, ao can easilly start with 2 wards to protect himself.

12. If you are squishy and they have an Odin in their team, please get the invulnerability ability.  It will save your life when he ults you.

13. Try your hardest to not die.  Even if you dont get kills and play extremely defensively, they will not get kills too and you will be on even footing when team fights come. Theres nothing worse than feeding an enemy to the point where they can 1 v 3.

14. If you are unsure what to do, play defensively and ask about what the enemy can do so you know what to expect.

15. Try to set a designated chaser to kill off enemies that run.  Bastet tends to be the best at this as she can just jump, toss a DoT, jump back.  Do NOT let your squishy mages run after them unless they are fed or built slightly tanky.  A tanky Zeus or Ao can chase but if theyre built glass cannons, just let someone else do the chasing.

16. Do not rage at people.  Since matchmaking is quite messed up (sometimes finding first time players even as a level 24) it may very well be that the feeder in your teem is only on his 2nd or 3rd game. So be nice and tell them what they are doing wrong or tell them what to do so they dont die as much.

17. Telling Ra that he is too squishy is stupid if the enemy is 8 levels higher with 5k more money.  So please dont tell them to build tanky and just play defensively. 

18. If your feeding lane is to the point where the enemy can tower dive, tell them to switch out with someone  who has more farm and can at least prevent a tower dive.

19. Do not waste CC on CC immune people.  You can tell if they are immune when they glow yellow.  Or for a more exact measure, do not try to CC guan yu right after he dashes or when Kali ults, or right after Bastet jumps, or when Hades Ults, or when Ymir ults, or when Odin ults, or when Vamana ults.  Im sure I forgot some.

20. Dont let a bad PUG get you down.
Additional Tips :

1. Hide behind minions/ let them tank for you.  This is really important when fighting a fed Artemis. She may lifesteal off the creeps, but at least you will probably be able to get away.  Unless you get boar'd.

2. Talk to each other in a calm, non aggressive manner.  Because ragers tend to make other people LoL.  Or they may just ignore you...Or Troll you.  Its fun to troll ragers.

3. Do NOT surrender when the enemy minotaur is 1% and  you only have 1 d00d alive. That d00d can get beads + sprint and ult the minotaur to kill it.

4. If you want a lane to push, clear out the next few enemy creep waves and generally make it so that the next fight your creepwave has, they will win and start pushing towards the enemy base.

5. If someone pings on a side of the map where there are no enemy and just a lot of creeps, they generally mean "push the creeps so that we can take out more phoenix/towers faster.

6. Please do NOT initiate a fight against the enemy group if you are a mage or someone squishy.  The only time you do that is if you catch one enemy way out of position and you can kill him. 

7. Capitalize on the enemy if they are outnumbered but do not risk it by chasing too much. 

8. Talk to each other in a calm, non aggressive manner.  Because ragers tend to make other people LoL.  Or they may just ignore you...Or Troll you.  Its fun to troll ragers.
  9. You can hear the jungle jungling.  Turn up the volume and youll be able to hear if theyre fighting and this can lead to some really good ganks on the jungler.  Arachne is the quietest jungler and its easy to miss and Guan Yu is the noisiest jungler. 

1. How to counter guan yu :  Just send a physical damager to kill him and save your stun for when he uses his 3(Bongo drum mov
  2. How to counter Artemis : Shut her down early game or focus -> burst her down.
  3. How to counter Crowd Control : Hel/purification beads (applies to ymir,hades, guan, anubis, artemis, wukong)
  4. How to counter Ao : When he uses his tornado, dodge it and kill him while its on cooldown. 
  5. How to counter Tanky DPS/Bruisers : Qins.  Its the chance to deal % damage to their health item. Penetration items are good too.
  6. How to counter He Bo : Invulnerability ability when he uses his ult and send tanky dps at him.
  7. How to counter Support Hel : This hel maxes 2 and 3 and ignores 1 for last.  Do not use CC and send lunge characters (wukong, bastet, hades, odin, guan yu) to pierce through and kill her/push her away.  Use CC when she is pushed away and clean up. You can also use Arachne to make it a 4 v 4 by letting arachne pull hel away.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• L0gicaL1nsanityL0gicaL1nsanity Member CommonPosts: 3

Hey, besides the underlying sarcasm there's some really good tips in there! Thanks for the post! I'm not very good at MOBA games, in general, yet, so some of this stuff was actually really helpful. =3

• Iced0verIced0ver Member Posts: 49

Great list! I would just like to add, don't be afraid to talk to one another! The best teams I've been on, are where ones where we communicate.

• StormcrownStormcrown Member Posts: 1

Sadly most players won't do this.

Some of the higher tier League/Dota players will, but no one else.

• SpezzSpezz Member Posts: 141

You should add in a small mini guide telling people to let the minions tank for them at the start and against towers - what pushing is etc.

A lot of people coming from  this site won't know and will play it like and MMO and die.

Players new to the genre or even the game won't know basic strategys at the beginning (laning, mia etc) such as RipperX's video had shown =P    "why you following me!"

I had one guy when I way playing Ra who was like "DUDE I WAS TANKING THE PHOENIX WHY DIDN'T YOU HEAL ME"

I calmly told him it has a cooldown and I had just used it on the team to keep them alive and it doesn't work like that where he raged and went on about what's the point in having healers >_>... he got muted.

EDIT: Really good tips btw, forgot to say!

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Added more tips like you guys said xD

Also, healers here tend to get flamed a lot I noticed.  Its like they are used to the spam heals from mmos?  Cuz I know heals in DOTA/LoL/HoN arent expected as much as the people I come across in smite o.O

( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• L0gicaL1nsanityL0gicaL1nsanity Member CommonPosts: 3

Do you MOBA players play LoL, HoN, dota, and Smite all at like at the same time? I've been playhing LoL off and on for about 4 months, but now that I found smite its like all I play.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I'm just tired of having a person on my lane that decides it's a great idea to push and get greedy, even if it means tower diving, into a death. Then they get mad that they died and keep dying. It's really hard to deal with players that don't realise IF YOU DONT BACK YOU WILL DIE. Play defensively, aggression without having a couple kills will almost always kill you.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by L0G1C

Do you MOBA players play LoL, HoN, dota, and Smite all at like at the same time? I've been playhing LoL off and on for about 4 months, but now that I found smite its like all I play.

I used to play DoTA the WC3 mod then I went to LoL and bloodline champions then Smite and Dota 2.  I didnt like dota 2....I got used to the faster pace of LoL and bloodline champions.  Like..yeah.  Dota 2 felt like it was goign in slow mo and I was like "WTF?" and stopped playing after my first game.

Originally posted by Panther2103

I'm just tired of having a person on my lane that decides it's a great idea to push and get greedy, even if it means tower diving, into a death. Then they get mad that they died and keep dying. It's really hard to deal with players that don't realise IF YOU DONT BACK YOU WILL DIE. Play defensively, aggression without having a couple kills will almost always kill you.

Ah yes....I used to be like that when I first tried DoTA but I havent been like that in forever. I think its just one of the few things you learn after the first few games.  Cant stress it enough though that you have to play defensively and use the minions to your advantage. o.O  Most people arent used to it at all if they dont come from MOBAs

( o.o)
    (")(")