Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowbane Poll

atomicwebzatomicwebz Member Posts: 63

I never bashed WindowsXP. From the minute it was installed I knew that Windows had fixed some major problems. Especially from WindowsME Blue Screen Edition.

And like some other guy said somewhere in this forum. This Sux My Butt. It like attached itself to my BUTT and flew away...or some shit like that is what he said...lmao

>>>>AtomicWebZ>>>>
www.ripperx.com
www.olympicnetworks.com

>>AtomicWebZ<<
O--{========>

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by Darkbackward
    Give tso time too!

Wicca wicca boom boom wicca wicca boom

was....he still posting in May?

wow i thought he died in like march

hehe

• ModarModar Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by hopfen28

Graphics suck. Hard to configure it for your graphics card. I'm buying a new power supply and ATI Radeon 9700 pro because of this game. I found it that the game only looks good with 4x AA turned on and GF4 performance sucks with this turned, especially with this game. I'm also adding another 512MB of RDRAM to my system that is currently on order from MicroPro.
    There is incredible lag in the game. There is long periods of the network being completely dead. There is also significant delay in the loading of textures and objects.
    The interface blows. A person can spend a good 2 days trying to lay out an interface screen with the smaller toolbar options. Even then, the button, status indicators, and chat window will consume half your screen and you can't click through them. Which brings up the point that navigation is only by clicking the location of where you want to go. This completely blows the immersive experience because you are constantly having to click on the map to travel and adjust the camera angle to know where to travel.
    A big cause of the lag is the MUD-like interface for the "rooms". This game seems to actually be a modified MUD because you see all the hits from other players in the local area. These game makers are slackers for using a real-time MUD engine for a professionally released game. I've written a MUD before, and I know printing out those hit messages every game tick and updating everyone's locations consumes a lot of bandwidth and server processor. They should have turned off the output on that and used a normal interface for uploading "move forward" commands with a single bit in a single byte.
    Minimum requirements for the game should be an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro with 4x AA and a P4 3GHz with 1GB of RDRAM or equivalent DDR.
    The web site is horrible. There are always dead links, and their problem report system outputs your submitted trouble reports with black text on a black background--completely slack. You are always having to log into the system. It is worse than using Yahoo.
    The only upside to this game is that you can configure a huge viewing distant range, and the character class, race, skill, and attribute settings seems very deep and complex. The economy and skill system for equipment did have a nice balance too. It would make a good MUD, but not a great graphical MMORPG.

Really good review, cept that the whole game really sucks!  But there are some posters that think that this game has no lag and great pvp.  LMAO  They need to see this post!  It really lays out the Graphics of this game to a T, a big T.  Gratz on the way you said it about Graphics.

One more thing.  Nothing is balanced in this game.  You forgot to say anything about all the GOLD DUPING in the game.  All those zillion dollar guilds that are up there!  Then they Bust the Dupers and then let them Keep their stuff.  LOL What balance is there in that?  image

• TooL-D-TooL-D- Member CommonPosts: 126

I noticed the pro sb side of the poll is rising.

Shadowbane isnt dead. There is no other mmorpg that can match it. Players run this game, the politics, the outcomes. YOU, as a player, are part of the outcome. If you have a bad experiance, YOU have it. If YOU conquor an enemynation, if YOU take an enemy mine, thats YOU doing it.

Not everyone has good experiances in these mmo's. I think Everquest is a worthless piece of crap. I tried it out, and its horrable. Does that mean EVERYONE shouldnt play that game? Its all about what you like, and dont like. If you like pretty colors, good looking terrain, pve hell, and riding red beetles with your uber flaming swords, then by means, go for it, thats YOU.

If you like constant PvP, player justice, and a player run enviroment, then sb may be for you.

• Edward78Edward78 Member Posts: 245

Originally posted by TooL-D-
    I noticed the pro sb side of the poll is rising.Shadowbane isnt dead. There is no other mmorpg that can match it. Players run this game, the politics, the outcomes. YOU, as a player, are part of the outcome. If you have a bad experiance, YOU have it. If YOU conquor an enemynation, if YOU take an enemy mine, thats YOU doing it.Not everyone has good experiances in these mmo's. I think Everquest is a worthless piece of crap. I tried it out, and its horrable. Does that mean EVERYONE shouldnt play that game? Its all about what you like, and dont like. If you like pretty colors, good looking terrain, pve hell, and riding red beetles with your uber flaming swords, then by means, go for it, thats YOU. If you like constant PvP, player justice, and a player run enviroment, then sb may be for you.

The game concept is great, the way they do it not so great. I loved the PvP system, but the lag, the ghraphics, & the overall engine sucked. If a game like WoW with charecter building, city building & sieging came out that would be great., I made a post telling why I quit in this forum.