Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Battles: Our Official World of Battles Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

World of Battles is something of a hybrid between two other Worlds: World of Warcraft and World of Tanks. We've been putting World of Battles through its paces to get this review on site. See how it did. Played WoB? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

Looking at this game for the first time, a few other titles came swirling around in my head, most notably World of Tanks and World of Warcraft. Coincidentally, if you smash those two games together with a car crusher you see in Hollywood films, you get World of Battles. I have to emphasize on the crushing part, because where those two games struck gold, this struck foul balls. Taking the fantasy looks of various media floating around the industry and the single instance, strategic teamplay rewarding combat of the Total War series, you get a game that looks pretty and runs well, but with a fun factor that might be lacking.

Read more of Tyler Rowe's World of Battles: Our Official Review.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

I get the impression that the reviewer has never player World of Tanks, or World of Warcraft...

This is an RTS, so if anything it is more like Warcraft and, Warcraft. 

WoW and WoT are first person games where have one avatar in the game and do everything you can to stay alive. An RTS has you as the hand of god sending your minions on to their gruesome destruction...

I can appreciate that it was hard to find someone to play this game, let alone actually spend the time to write a review of such a mediocre game but your misleading headline lead me to believe this game might be something i was interested in.

I want my 4 1/2 minutes back.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

Why does everything have to be "World of"?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

by putting world of  wowderps are more likely to try it

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Not just that if they put world of, if you search for it in google it's more likely to come up with this as well as whatever you searched for (world of warcraft, world of warplanes, world of tanks)

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

I see this is a very popular review :) Ha!