Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good single player game recommendation?

2»

Comments

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by BartDaCat
    Originally posted by Castillle

Chrono trigger! That game was epic! Chrono cross was good too! Umm...Legend of Mana....

Krater comes to mind as well....

I haven't checked if there's an emulator to play this or not, but Secret of Mana was one of my all-time favorites!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_of_Mana

Current fans of The Secret World will see some similarities in the "Ring Menu" system.

there are snes emulators to play all snes roms(games). i had a gazillion snes roms with 2 emulators (chrono trigger and secret of mana included).

coolrom dot com for all that good old stuff

edit: and psone emulators as well like emuraiden and epsx or something like that

Supposedly you cant DL the roms / emulators if you dont have a copy of the game itself. There was a website that I used to go for all my old school gaming needs so if you PM me I'd be happy to tell you the website.

But if you have a playstation 3, you can get the full Chrono Trigger game for $10 in the sony network store. The you can also buy the Sega Combo packs CD for around $20.00 theres a wide variety of games approx. 36 games total when you unlock them all. They have some very nice RPG games included in that.

• Kyus_HoBKyus_HoB Member Posts: 185

Could go old school and pick up Hexen, fantasy fps based on the doom engine with 3 classes to choose from. It is super dated though but its a good game to play just to say you've played it.

you should also give, Legends of Grimlock a go, I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've played through so far, built on the old school dungeon crawler format but brought to life with nice modern graphics and built around exploration as well as combat. Cheap on steam so worth a shout.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by BartDaCat

Did I miss it somewhere or did no one list The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings?  What?!  What?!  WHAT?!?

This Witcher 2 was my 2011 GOTY. Such a good game.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

If you like hack n slash gameplay check out Titan Quest.

http://titanquestgame.com/

I wish the class selection of MMOs had half the depth that they have in this game

http://www.titancalc.com/

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

For FPS style single player: Borderlands

High fantasy: Skyrim

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• antshock35antshock35 Member Posts: 114

When I get burnt out on mmos, I usually pic up the latest strat game or fps

tc ghost recon was a great story

world in conflict has a awsome story as well...with a great soundtrack...

mass effect all of them ftw

just some fyi

• Legend of Grimrock.