Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think i just got robbed by Funcom

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by Vhaln

Geez, why don't they just hand over the rewards and be done with it?  Isn't that the way decent customer service works?  When it doubt, err on the side of customer satisfaction?  Rather than waste time and money alienating a customer, arguing over digital bric-a-brac?

Apparently their digital reward items are worth more than the currency he purchased the game with seeing as they didnt seem to be worried about him getting mad and doing a chargeback for a refund of his money.

• KumateKumate Member Posts: 69

Deleted because I jumped to conclusions

• HarttzHarttz Member Posts: 91

I can vouch for the OP's email because I received the exact same email on June 5th that said that the points offer lasted until June 10th.  So if he ordered on the 7th (which Funcom seemed to acknowledge) and they aren't giving him the points then that is pretty deceptive.  I'm glad I didn't pre-order now as I was pretty tempted by the offer myself.

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

@kumate he is not lieing..i got the same email in june 5 but i dint use it because dint have money x.x

• LethionnLethionn Member Posts: 13

Ofc they didnt have an email created just for me and id like to know why you asume i was only one to get it, do you know many ppl registering a closed be key that late?

Also ofc you cant find a post with my closed beta account about this, i was banned remmember? that took that account out aswell. Also my name there was entarion not lethionn.

As for regular forum i registered after my acc was banned and still waiting for activation mail, cant post until then and its likely delayed to do alot of ppl registering at early access.

Unless ofc they blocking my forum registration as i was banned, in that case ill have to find some other account to post from.

• KumateKumate Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Lethionn

Ofc they didnt have an email created just for me and id like to know why you asume i was only one to get it, do you know many ppl registering a closed be key that late?

Also ofc you cant find a post with my closed beta account about this, i was banned remmember? that took that account out aswell. Also my name there was entarion not lethionn.

As for regular forum i registered after my acc was banned and still waiting for activation mail, cant post until then and its likely delayed to do alot of ppl registering at early access.

Unless ofc they blocking my forum registration as i was banned, in that case ill have to find some other account to post from.

I changed my other two post.  My apoligies, I have my foot in my mouth.  With everyone else with the same email,  you obviously aren't lieing. 

I STRONGLY suggest you post on the forums.  Make up a new account if you have to.  Post exactly all the same information to include a line to this forum post.  GET THEIR ATTENTION:)  If you make a post I will even post on your forum defending you.  You deserve your bonus points.

Good Luck

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

dejavu'   i read this exact same thread everytime a game launches.

Thanks Kumate :)

Atm im still not recieving the activation email for forum account so im starting to wonder if it has something to do with my main account being banned although they shouldnt be linked at all.

If i dont recieve an activation email later today i guess ill have to see if i can get someone to make an account on forum for me, might ask my cabal for help in that.

Just recieved another email answering the ticket i made after being banned and it seems they have decided to refund the money i payed.  Goner check with the bank as soon as i can, they dont open until monday tho.

Might not have got the points but atleast i got the money back it seems, thanks for all the support guys.

• ctshamectshame Member Posts: 104

Congratz man! Glad to hear you got your money back! :]

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

Sounds like something blizz would do

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

Just recieved another email answering the ticket i made after being banned and it seems they have decided to refund the money i payed.  Goner check with the bank as soon as i can, they dont open until monday tho.

Might not have got the points but atleast i got the money back it seems, thanks for all the support guys.

That is good! When someting like this happens the best option is to get your money back.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    What rubbish company is this? They ban you for their mistake?

Glad you got your money back dude, don't ever touch fc products again guys

RIP Orc Choppa

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Zooce

Assuming none of this is fabricated, terrible handling of customer service by Funcom.

Funcom has always had horrible customer service.

I mean this is the same company in which their GMs were soliciting cybersex with players they assumed were females, the same company which their GMs helped certain guilds cheat and protected certain gold farmers. Players get banned for no reason.

Funcom is corrupt, they are of low quality and their service is some of the worst out there.

People really should learn, dont trust Funcom, dont buy their games and expect to be treated very well, much less get a good game. For all you know they will ruin the game a month later with an untested patch that kills it.

The company is a joke.

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

Sadly this is Funcom always has been since AO.They have some of the worse.rudest customer service in the undustry.Before TSW came out they promised ppl who would spend a saturday testing there dumb kids  they would have beta for TSW me and 4 friends did it and not one of us got the beta as promised so I am sure plenty of others who did it didn't as well when I contact Funcom about it they pretty much told me too bad that they had rewarded all accounts who were supp to do it. Me knowing Funcom from AO I had screenshotted and timestamped when I beta tested the kiddie mmog I sent it to them and they still told me too bad.

You would think they woulkd want to keep customers long term rather than be so quick to ban paying customers like they do but they never have been a company that values and puts there customers first.

I wonder if they gave me a refund based on the evidence or if its based on me being damn persistent, i happen to be the type that doesnt just give up.

Atleast this shows that there is hope as long as you keep on going and dont give up after the first one, two, three or 15 emails informing you that its your own problem.

• YaosYaos Member UncommonPosts: 153

If you buy a Funcom game you are being ripped off.

• Mage_FrancisMage_Francis Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Rabenwolf

Assuming none of this is fabricated, terrible handling of customer service by Funcom.

I mean this is the same company in which their GMs were soliciting cybersex with players they assumed were females, the same company which their GMs helped certain guilds cheat and protected certain gold farmers. Players get banned for no reason.

Funcom is corrupt, they are of low quality and their service is some of the worst out there.

People really should learn, dont trust Funcom, dont buy their games and expect to be treated very well, much less get a good game. For all you know they will ruin the game a month later with an untested patch that kills it.

The company is a joke.

This is complete bs.  Do you have any proof to back up these claims?  

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Vhaln

Geez, why don't they just hand over the rewards and be done with it?  Isn't that the way decent customer service works?  When it doubt, err on the side of customer satisfaction?  Rather than waste time and money alienating a customer, arguing over digital bric-a-brac?

That's the way Trion has always handled things for me from the beginning.

The way I see the MMO companies these days, there's Trion, then there's everyone else.  SoE being at the top of my personal ShList.

Anyway, glad you got your issue resolved OP.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Mage_Francis

The company is a joke.

I don't know about all he said, but I know the cybersex one is true. there were news articles about it on the internet,go look it up.

Funcom should go back to making the Longest Journey games... Those were actually good games that people enjoyed, and that way there would be less need for customer services. Instead they keep on making their crappy mmos and making promises they never keep. Oh well, what are you going to do?

Smile

• tarestares Member Posts: 381
    Originally posted by Mage_Francis

The company is a joke.

There was an incident but the comic is better and shows some issues with Funcom CS. http://thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=318

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

thanks for the support guys :)

Support eh?

Maybe I should post the whole scenario I had with Hi-Rez in hopes the community helps me get my account re-activated..

Still voting Hi-Rez and Nexon US as the two online game companies with the worst customer support in existence.  Funcom's is pretty poor, but isn't as bad as them.

PS: The forum thinks my post is spam, awesome.

• HurkoHurko Member Posts: 1

First time poster here.  Never really knew about these forums until the free offer for an in-game T-Shirt in TSW.  That is what made me register.

I had two issues with my funcom website accounts.  They did not involve real life money like the original poster, but still ... two times, I had to contact customer service.  My long time MMO experience gives me pretty good instincts about this stuff - in both cases, my instincts told me they were not going to be able to help me.

Instincts be damned, funcom's CS helped me in both cases.  They did whatever funky database stuff they had to do, and got the job done.  BOTH TIMES.  Coming from someone (me) who played Age of Conan and never made it past the first month, I was expecting the worst.  Yet, I got the exact opposite - the BEST CS I have seen in a game yet.  Personalized service, a competent, english-speaking individual who took the time to understand my problem and then fixed it.  Personal emails afterwards, to ask if everything was handled ok.

Glad to hear your situation was resolved, but frankly, I'm not surprised.  The funcom forums are full of people with good CS stories.  I have yet to see a bad one.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Hurko

First time poster here.  Never really knew about these forums until the free offer for an in-game T-Shirt in TSW.  That is what made me register.

I had two issues with my funcom website accounts.  They did not involve real life money like the original poster, but still ... two times, I had to contact customer service.  My long time MMO experience gives me pretty good instincts about this stuff - in both cases, my instincts told me they were not going to be able to help me.

Instincts be damned, funcom's CS helped me in both cases.  They did whatever funky database stuff they had to do, and got the job done.  BOTH TIMES.  Coming from someone (me) who played Age of Conan and never made it past the first month, I was expecting the worst.  Yet, I got the exact opposite - the BEST CS I have seen in a game yet.  Personalized service, a competent, english-speaking individual who took the time to understand my problem and then fixed it.  Personal emails afterwards, to ask if everything was handled ok.

Glad to hear your situation was resolved, but frankly, I'm not surprised.  The funcom forums are full of people with good CS stories.  I have yet to see a bad one.

So....how much are Funcom paying you to write this kinda stuff on forums? LOL

If you are sincere I apologise, but we see far too many shills on this site, making posts just like the one above. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

1. Funcom game comes out

2. People buy it knowing Funcom sucks and their games suck

3. People complain they were scammed

4. Funcom game comes out....

Didn't anybody learn from AoC?

This discussion has been closed.