Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW=?

mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

I've seen this game a view times and I hear it has no leveling, 3way pvp, pve and modernish era.  I've gone to their site to check this game out and either there isn't going to be alot to do or the site simply doesn't go into details.  I hope its' not just pve/pvp!  Does anyone know what all there is to do in this game? 

Comments

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

No disrespect intented; but.....you really think I'm going to read at that (of which, 99% is useless information).

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by mastersomrat

I hope its' not just pve/pvp!

Huh?

What is it you didn't understand about the question?

• tranceauftranceauf Member UncommonPosts: 29
    What?

Well, I can see this is going knowwhere...I retract the statement...

• biljacbiljac Member Posts: 11

Are you asking if there is crafting? in game social events? what other "things" are you referring to? can you give an example?

• Crunchy22Crunchy22 Member Posts: 51

Well, I can see this is going knowwhere...I retract the statement...

Its difficult to explain and theres a ton of info out there, on this site and the official forums.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Dear MMORPG.com forum users, I am too lazy to use google or even scroll through the forums on this site, can you please collate all relevant info about The Secret World in this thread? Thanks.

Yours Sincerely

OP.

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

It is just PvE and PvP, and the PvP isn't great.

I'm loving the PvE, the quests are very well thought out, no skipping through these, unless you're one of the look up the cheat the second it gets difficult guys.

What it's not is a persistent world battle, no sandbox elements, no kingdom building or anything like that. You'd actually have to tell us the kind of thing you're looking for to be sure, but it doesn't sound like there's a chance the game is for you.

If you're looking for good puzzles, a new look and a refreshing skill system it might be for you, but I don't think it is.

Asdar

• TdoTdo Member Posts: 82

maybe mindcraft is what  you are looking for.

Alias Warin

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99

Terrible game. 2003 graphics and ridiculously stupid quests. Can I get my $50 back?

• ExitarExitar Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Enik

Terrible game. 2003 graphics and ridiculously stupid quests. Can I get my $50 back?

Exactly 2003? Not 2002 or 2004?

• xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155

Setting is an alternate history modern times. Its alot more run down and grubby.

Adult game...npcs like to swear lots of sexual suggestions..etc.

3 Factions--  Templars, Illuminati, Dragon. They all have access to the same skills but they each have unique preset "decks" you can go down which will unlock specific "class" clothing.

Mostly PvE focused(Story focused game)- The quests though are alot better then the routine in mmo's...more clue focused and usually a lil more realistic/involved then the usual kill 6 of these.

PvP- Battlegrounds + A Persistant battlegorund. Who controls what effect yor factions stats/ex/etc.

Leveling..no leveling per se ...instead you get Skill Points and Action Points ot distribute as you see  fit amongst the skill/abilities available. Some skills have better synegries with others. Passives apply to all weapons..ie hammer passive +15% damage on critical hit  would still apply to a blood magic spell.   The quality of gear you can equip is based on 3 seperate Talisman types which you have to level with skill points as well.

shrug

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by Themehosptal
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

Dear MMORPG.com forum users, I am too lazy to use google or even scroll through the forums on this site, can you please collate all relevant info about The Secret World in this thread? Thanks.

Yours Sincerely

OP.

Totally unneccessary.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Magnum2103

I hope its' not just pve/pvp!

Huh?

So like...what else is there that isn't included in "pve / pvp"?

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by xxtriadxx

Adult game...npcs like to swear lots of sexual suggestions..etc

I literally loled irl.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

I've seen this game a view times and I hear it has no leveling, 3way pvp, pve and modernish era.  I've gone to their site to check this game out and either there isn't going to be alot to do or the site simply doesn't go into details.  I hope its' not just pve/pvp!  Does anyone know what all there is to do in this game? 

It's about this World, but I can't tell you anything as it's Secret.

• tranceauftranceauf Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Pve and pvp are so old school. It's all about EvE now!

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by xxtriadxx

Setting is an alternate history modern times. Its alot more run down and grubby.

How can it be history if it's sent in the present, are we not creating future history?

This discussion has been closed.