Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Order to Pre-Purchse

gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

probably has been asked before but doing a search just returns an internal server error

so have pre-orderd from amazon, got the code, registered it and downloaded the client

but after doing this i found out this is just a one day head start rather than 3 and would certainly prefer starting over the weekend instead of on Monday

any information on how to do this?

Comments

• jessie360jessie360 Member Posts: 65

Cancel your pre-order on Amazon and pre-purchase on the Guild Wars 2 site.

Should be an easy process.  Amazon has some top notch customer service, any problems and just give them a call.

See you in game on the 25th of August!

Edit: If there are any problems regarding adding a new code, you should be able to contact help from Anet directly and they'll fix your account up.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

pre-orders dont give you a beta code

if you ordered from amazon, its treated as pre-purchase (even tho its a preorder)

from amazon site

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TOQ8X4
    Pre-order Guild Wars 2 on PC and get 3-Day Head-start access to create a Guild Wars 2 account early, access to Beta Weekend Events

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

Best is, contact your retailer and swap the version u have to the right one. ANet can't help you at this point.

When bought the game via their shop/website, write a ticket and ask nicely if they can do the change for you.

• jessie360jessie360 Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Nadia

if you ordered from amazon, its treated as pre-purchase (even tho its a preorder)

from amazon site

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TOQ8X4/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Pre-order Bonus Offer
    Pre-order Guild Wars 2 on PC and get 3-Day Head-start access to create a Guild Wars 2 account early, access to Beta Weekend Events

Amazon has listed incorrect information before.  Any word from Anet about this?  They still have on their site that pre-order =/= pre-purchase and pre-orders only get one day head start.

I already pre-purchased, but it might be helpful for others on the fence (What's wrong with you?!  Buy it!).

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Nadia

from amazon site

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TOQ8X4/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Pre-order Bonus Offer

hey, thanks for that

really didn't pay attention i guess - just got my order in as soon as a release date was announced

haven't spent any money yet so guess i was thinking it was odd - but it is Amazon after all :)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

its not incorrect - i also preordered from amazon and have been in the BWEs

related older thread

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/353361

ANET commentary regarding Amazon

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/uodjr/im_a_guild_wars_2_developer_ama_about_the_next/c4x41tc

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237

Yes, in the last AMA session on Reddit, Mike O'Brien made it pretty clear that Amazon orders count as pre-purchases, and this is not an error.  They refered to it as having "intent to buy," as opposed to a normal pre-order.

Apparently they're doing it this way because Amazon cannot charge a credit card until they ship a product.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Wolfynsong

Yes, in the last AMA session on Reddit, Mike O'Brien made it pretty clear that Amazon orders count as pre-purchases, and this is not an error.  They refered to it as having "intent to buy," as opposed to a normal pre-order.

Apparently they're doing it this way because Amazon cannot charge a credit card until they ship a product.

I still feel that if people who preorder with amazon get all the benefits of a prepurchase, they shouldnt be allowed to cancel......

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by stragen001

I still feel that if people who preorder with amazon get all the benefits of a prepurchase, they shouldnt be allowed to cancel......

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.  As a pre-purchaser of the Collector's Edition, I was a bit disappointed by ArenaNet's backpedalling on this point.

I suppose that I technically could have cancelled and gotten a refund within 30 days, but since that is over and done with, I'm pretty much stuck now.  It does seem a bit unfair that Amazon customers enjoy all the benefits of pre-purchase while not having actually spent anything at all.

That is just me being selfish though.  In the long run, what other players receive is of no real concern of mine, and additional game sales are always good.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Wolfynsong
    Originally posted by stragen001

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.  As a pre-purchaser of the Collector's Edition, I was a bit disappointed by ArenaNet's backpedalling on this point.

I suppose that I technically could have cancelled and gotten a refund within 30 days, but since that is over and done with, I'm pretty much stuck now.  It does seem a bit unfair that Amazon customers enjoy all the benefits of pre-purchase while not having actually spent anything at all.

That is just me being selfish though.  In the long run, what other players receive is of no real concern of mine, and additional game sales are always good.

Yup,

I can guarantee there will be many people that preordered through amazon and got into beta that will cancel because they just wanted to play the beta weekends to pass the time, and had no intention of actually going through with the purchase.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom