Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a group finder tool in this game?

sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291

If yes, I will buy this game. If no, by the time it comes out I will be playing GW2.

Comments

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

no there isnt.. there is a /lfg channel

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Not going to be the same need for a LFG channel as some other MMOs because all the dungeons will give a reward for all players (in AP and SP).

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291

I heard it's a pain leveling as support. So is there dual spec in the game? Why are people releasing games like this? For me it's an unfinished product.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

They are planning to put LFG tool later but you will never find a MMO that releases with this tool. it is just not practical. Moreover, there is hardly any need for it since it is not tier based progression system like WOW or SWTOR.

Correct me if i am wrong but there are no BOP or BOE items in dungeons?

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by sagil

I heard it's a pain leveling as support. So is there dual spec in the game? Why are people releasing games like this? For me it's an unfinished product.

You can save something like 5 different loadouts, so you could have a tank spec, a heal spec, a support spec, a dps spec and an AOE dps spec all saved if you want.

Originally posted by Chrome1980

This makes no sense to me. Lol.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

They are planning to put LFG tool later but you will never find a MMO that releases with this tool. it is just not practical. Moreover, there is hardly any need for it since it is not tier based progression system like WOW or SWTOR.

Tera launched with a LFG tool... well the US version, not sure about the original Korean release.

It appears that the items off the last boss are BoP, at least it showed up as BoP for me when I greeded on one.  The other items don't appear to be.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517

It would all depend on how the system is impllimented if it would be good or bad for the game, not to mention many of the players on the CB and forums have actually said they would rather not see a lfg system like wow has at all. Now a listing based lfg system where you basically put up your character's specc, gear and such for others to look at and then they could whisper you if you wanted to do the instance i think would go over well, but any kind of automaticed queing system i think would scare away many of the core players. I always prefered the lfg system that was introduced into wow during the burning crusade expansion, as it was more f a listing system over an automated system that took out any need to communicate with other players. Also the fact that i think there might only be one to three servers in the game leaves less of a need for a lfg system as the zones would stay populated much longer, and so would lead to much better chances of getting a group for an instance.  The other thign is that i hope they keep the focus away from end0game raiding, and pvp where you will see many just sitting in one f the three main hub cities, and create alot of content to keep players in thhe zones instead with the zones gaining content updates as the content in them is used up.

Originally posted by Asuran24

It would all depend on how the system is impllimented if it would be good or bad for the game, not to mention many of the players on the CB and forums have actually said they would rather not see a lfg system like wow has at all. Now a listing based lfg system where you basically put up your character's specc, gear and such for others to look at and then they could whisper you if you wanted to do the instance i think would go over well, but any kind of automaticed queing system i think would scare away many of the core players. I always prefered the lfg system that was introduced into wow during the burning crusade expansion, as it was more f a listing system over an automated system that took out any need to communicate with other players. Also the fact that i think there might only be one to three servers in the game leaves less of a need for a lfg system as the zones would stay populated much longer, and so would lead to much better chances of getting a group for an instance.  The other thign is that i hope they keep the focus away from end0game raiding, and pvp where you will see many just sitting in one f the three main hub cities, and create alot of content to keep players in thhe zones instead with the zones gaining content updates as the content in them is used up.

^This is an evolution step back.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by DanitaKusor

Tera launched with a LFG tool... well the US version, not sure about the original Korean release.

It appears that the items off the last boss are BoP, at least it showed up as BoP for me when I greeded on one.  The other items don't appear to be.

Tera was released in Korea with LFG tool. They had couple of years to implement this tool and i am pretty sure they did it especially for US version. So like i aid no MMO launches wth LFG tool as it is not practical.

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by sagil
    Originally posted by Asuran24

^This is an evolution step back.

Too bad that the que system is largely a evolutonary dead end,  that many players actually hate yet use only since the only other option is to wait exceedingly longer time frames using a lfg channel. There is no reasn to put a fully automated system for lfg into a game with one to three servers, unless most of the players are lazy as hell an find it trouble some to actually talk with other players. In games like wow or such with a large span of levels and servers that spread out the population thin the system would make sense as players stay within the range for instance content for a much shorter time period, as well as the important roles get spread out more making them harder to find. Although with a variable role system where you can change the role you do in a group when ever needed the players can opt to switch out to a tanking build to allow another player to come in as a dps, but that is up  to the players to be flexible with the roles they wish to do in a group the more flexible the more times you can do an instance.