Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question: Is this game still a huge grindfest?

KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224

I played this a long time ago at release and it was a complete grindfest. I didn't mind it for a while, but it just seemed to make me lose interest after some time killing the same monster over and over.  Is it still this way?  My character is only in the upper 30's.  Maybe level 37 or 38.

Comments

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388

Leveling hasn't been a grindfest for a long time. In fact, it's too fast now in my opinion.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

this is exactly why i was on the fence with gw2 aion wasnt like that when you played in beta but after dear god it just changed to a completly different game for me especially where my templar was concerned it was like killing bears with a butter knife sure you can do it but damned if it aint going to take forever

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

It isn't too terrible if you can get a mentor.  I personally didn't like it before, and I didn't care for it now.  Leveling with a mentor however is way faster, I went from level 5 to 20 in a few hours, and 22-27 in an hour or so.  Thats as far as I can vouch for cuz I quit.  You'll still need to do a bit of grinding to get gear and money and upgrade materials and this and that, but its about a third of the time sink it used to be.

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

Its about half as bad as it was at release , there is still some grinding involved but doesn't even come close to a grind fest. 

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

Aion killed the XP grind long ago, the item, enchant and socketing  RNG grind still exists though.

LFG!
  • AlexlongwellAlexlongwell Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by joker007mo

this is exactly why i was on the fence with gw2 aion wasnt like that when you played in beta but after dear god it just changed to a completly different game for me especially where my templar was concerned it was like killing bears with a butter knife sure you can do it but damned if it aint going to take forever

Hahaha Temp is my main, lvled him up to 50 in about a month. Solo grinding on a temp is slower than say a sorc but thats to be expected. You just need to know how to weave and manastone socket efficiently and the mobs melt with a GS. Temps will never be able to solo elites tho like a sorc/sm/ranger, thats why you get some friends/legion and group. Solo mentality is killing the mmo