Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gratz turbine on DDO expansion

cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

Finally u made it,

The whole spell system changed into Spell power system just like in WARCRAFT .... check

The armor class rolling D20 is changed into dodge % or miss % like in Warcraft   ..... check

The new druid class is overpowered and super easy just like the previous artificer .... check

The new items dropping from expansion is way more powerful from the hard earned epic raid items just like what happened to WOW when catalysm released    ... check

I understand the effort to pull the game population, but it is destroying DDO....

Dont even feel like logging, i would rather play WOW again, at least it has real PvP

Comments

• zyklonianzyklonian Member UncommonPosts: 51

putting trust in turbine since WB took over...... fail

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

Of course the items are going to be more powerful...they're all Epic items.  Every quest except for "The Demon Web", is Epic.  Why wouldn't the new Epic items not be equal too or more powerful than the older ones?  As for the changes to Spells and AC, something needed to be done to make AC more meaningful and caster not so overpowered, but I think they did go overboard.

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

they turned the game into a bad clone of WOW. DDO is a basic lobby game just like world of tanks where u pick a team and go into a dungeon. It doesnt even have PvP.

with the current changes its a horrible game. I am not talking about epic items, just regular lvl 25 loot is sometimes better than raid epics.

My rogue with 46 dexterity has 0 dodge, I have to buy dodge feats items, at least WOW factors in dexterity while calculating dodge.

On my caster I will stack spell power items just like I used to do for my warlock in WOW...

and they charged almost $50 for 2-3 new quest series...

oh dont forget u get another useless pet...

I stopped playing LOTRO after the last expansion, seeing how Turbine ruined the game. Just 1 quest zone was sold for $30-40 .

Now same with DDO. i was actually a firm supporter of Turbine and their games. I dont think I will log in to DDO either after what they have done.

So overall good job Turbine, learned how to milk players just like cryptic did with STO

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

I think you are misunderstanding the point of the five level increase.  Those are epic levels and go towards your Epic Destinies.  Any item that has a  higher minimum level than 20, is an epic item.  There is no "Regular Level 25" loot.  The quests that those items come out of are Epic quests.  Also, the new system for epics is retroactive, meaning that those "hard earned" epic items will now be easier for everyone to get, not just the top 2% of players.

As for the changes, you've had since March to test out the expansion (if you pre-purchased) and post your concerns.

• jessie360jessie360 Member Posts: 65

It's free and I'll continue to play.  I'm a LOTRO lifer.  So I don't really care what they do with it, they give me points every month and I just buy the expansions at no charge to myself.  I can drop in either game when I want and just play.

I don't understand what the rant is about.  If you don't like the changes go play a different game?

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

The AC issue needed to be fixed and is completely different than WOW.   It has been an issue in DDO for years.

I think you are just wanting to cry.. DDO fixed some of it´s glaring design issues that anyone who has played the game knew existed.  It has nothing to do with trying to be like WOW.