Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bloodline Champions. only for hardcore players?

ThePvPGuyThePvPGuy Member Posts: 5

I started playing this game recently and even though it has some bugs and server issues it's probably the best esports game I've ever played. During my time in the community I noticed a lot of players complaining about the game being too hard and stuff, but coming from games like WoW, CoD and LoL this game is really something I like. I especially played a lot of WoW arena on serious level, but this game takes pvp to a whole other level.

Do you know this game and what do you think, is it only for serious gamers and does it/why scare more casual PvE/Dota players away?

[mod edit]

Comments

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293

i have been playing blc since early days of beta up until the medallions and traits patch. and i play it every now and then whenever i feel like it.

the game has a very steep learning curve but it's an excellent game and a lot of fun especially if you have friends to play with. it's fast paced and games are usually done in 5-10 minutes. it has been created with esport in mind and that's why it feels like the game is 'only for hardcore players'.

the game is hard at first and not very casual friendly (or it used to be like that, they made an effort with the tutorial) but it gets a lot better the more you play it.

it has been picked up at the last 3 dreamhacks with a prize pool of $10,000 and by the starladder in russia. (russians have their own servers and client and the largest player base. a lot of europeans have moved there. the us scene is almost dead).

the main reason this game kinda failed is probably due to its difficulty and the severe lack of advertisement. the player base is low but very dedicated and most of the time friendly and helpful. (there is a channel ingame called : help, you'll find people there to answer your questions about anything in the game)

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

I played it in beta and early release a little bit.  Can't remember the names anymore but I played the frog assassin and the fat meat eater.  It usually came down to who had the best tank though.  Very easy to solo the other team with the fat man

all in all the gameplay just felt lacking.  Wasn't very fun at all compared to other e-sport esque games

Yes I played SWTOR.

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    Originally posted by Hauvarn

I played it in beta and early release a little bit.  Can't remember the names anymore but I played the frog assassin and the fat meat eater.  It usually came down to who had the best tank though.  Very easy to solo the other team with the fat man

all in all the gameplay just felt lacking.  Wasn't very fun at all compared to other e-sport esque games

balance was an issue back then. it's not the case anymore