Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I bought the LTS for TSW and will buy GW2 because....

13»

Comments

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

The fact that GW2 didn't launch in July speaks volumes for ArenaNet's respect for Funcom honestly.  A more ruthless company would try to go head to head.  But they're not.  GW2 is releasing on its own terms and not trying to drown out another game with its hype.

TSW will be a niche game, that hopefully will gather more support as it continues.

I know I will be playing both and will be VERY happy to do so.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by seridan

True and both TSW and GW2 have original ideas and big vision. What I would want to see is a mix of the two, if at all possible. The only reason I turned down TSW was because it didn't have dynamic events, I so loved DEs in GW2, it's what outweighs all flaws it might have. However, after I finished TSW I could only imagine how it would have been with a DE system, or something like the Rift invasion system, there are so many places it would have been simply amazing.

I hope someone sometime mixes the two (in a new game probably) but it is a good start

Keep an eye on TSW.  Many believe that Exodus is the answer to what you seek with that game post launch.

The best guess from a vague Ragnar interview is that players will control the outcomes of the storylines ultimately.

How and what that means is the big question.  I agree with you completely.  A DE system will fit quite nicely in TSW and I can see it happening in the near future.

• MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Originally posted by jdnyc

The fact that GW2 didn't launch in July speaks volumes for ArenaNet's respect for Funcom honestly.  A more ruthless company would try to go head to head.  But they're not.  GW2 is releasing on its own terms and not trying to drown out another game with its hype.

TSW will be a niche game, that hopefully will gather more support as it continues.

I know I will be playing both and will be VERY happy to do so.

Jd, you should roll with our crew for both launches!! The Omegan Council/Templar/Daemon

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by Maitrader

Both companies deserve support... The MMO industry is getting worse by the year and I believe it to be important to support original ideas and big vision. Without support from me and individuals like me, TERA's , SWTOR's, Aions, ST:O, CoH's will continue to be released, and it simply isn't tolerable for me... Am I hyping up GW2? no.. do I think its the best thing ever? no.. what I do believe is that it executes a vision by its devs very well, much like TSW.... After further thought, I found myself to be foolishly supporting one game over the other as if they were enemies... in all honesty, these games are brothers, both with their strengths and weaknesses.. but with over-riding vision and love for the genre. You can tell both developers want MMO's to get better, not worse.

My hat off to you...

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I had already decided to keep my TSW pre-order before today. Now I'm just glad I'll have two month to enjoy it before GW2 comes out. The timing is perfect, because at this point I think TSW would have been a two month game for me anyway, but I'm pretty sure I'll get my money's worth in those two months. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Though I'm not buying a LTS (to any game, even if GW2 was sub based and offered one) I did preorder TSW and enjoyed the beta because the game has a lot going for it aside from the combat and bugs.  Going to enjoy playing TSW for 2 months till GW2 release.  Finished my 30 points in HoM this week too.  Ready to go and excited for both!

• DragviperDragviper Member UncommonPosts: 100

I'm supporting both, The Secret World and Guild Wars 2...

Can't wait to play them!!!

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

i looked at the secret world today cuz i was bored and i dont know

i bought age of conan.which ended up being a disaster so im kinda not really motivated to play another funcom mmo

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I purchased GW2 long before TSW.

Sadly though I have been bored every single moment when playing GW2. TSW only worried me when in combat but that changed a great deal once I aquired more skills and in later builds. GW2 has yet to grab hold of me. It is simply just too arcadish and lacked solid rpg elements (the story ... oh lord how the story was terrible) but I still plan on playing it from time to time and await to see if my opinion changes.

You stay sassy!