Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't Decide: Rift or TSW

donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816

Need to do somehting until GW2 arrives...

I have been a Rift subscriber off and on for a year now. Like the game, sometimes get bored. I love Trion as a compnay and want to support them. Plus the new faction world pvp patch is Wednesday, June 27th.

Played the Secret World beta. While it does not have my heart 100% I like the game very much. I am just not sure if I should wait a bit longer.  I have a pre-purchase at Gamestop all done so I can join the headstart this weekend. Or I could get a refund and buy 2 months of Rift gametime.

Smell that? I smell a poll...

Comments

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Simple way to choose... grab a coin, flip it, grab it and without looking cover it with your hand... now think quick.. which side do you want it to be???... pick that one and pocket the coin without looking at it.. :)

Simple, really... are you having fun on RIFT?... keep playing it. Do you think you'd have more fun in TSW?... go for it.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Tsw - it has more in common with gw2
    Rift is just wow with Invasions.
  • JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

I was in a similar boat as you as I liked the premise of TSW, but recently started playing Rift which I am really enjoying.  I decided to stick with Rift for now and give TSW a little bit more time to mature as most of us know MMO launches are rarely smooth.  I'd continue to play Rift and maybe revisit the TSW idea in a month or two.

• donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816

Now i am thinking about playing LOTRO again....arrghhh.

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Originally posted by donjn

Now i am thinking about playing LOTRO again....arrghhh.

LOL...I just left LOTRO a couple of months back

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Tsw - it has more in common with gw2
    Rift is just wow with Invasions.

Well I hope GW2 will be a much better game cos TSW reminds me of a Cryptic game.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Pretty simple IMO. Do you plan to play TSW just to waste time until GW2 and have no interest in it beyond that, or do you really want to get into it? I'm sorry if i come off as offensive, but wasting money on new games as wasters is a stupid idea. Sorry.

If you already own Rift, just keep playing it, or some f2p games like LOTRO as you meantion. No point in paying a full box and sale only too maybe regert it later on.

Personally, TSW is my most anticipated themepark, and i find it to be alot better than Rift, but i voted for the first opinion. I'm not going to buy it launch either (i never do with any game) because i don't feel there's any advantage in doing so. Remember OP, play smart with your money. Hope you have fun with whatever game your choose.

• donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

Pretty simple IMO. Do you plan to play TSW just to waste time until GW2 and have no interest in it beyond that, or do you really want to get into it? I'm sorry if i come off as offensive, but wasting money on new games as wasters is a stupid idea. Sorry.

If you already own Rift, just keep playing it, or some f2p games like LOTRO as you meantion. No point in paying a full box and sale only too maybe regert it later on.

Personally, TSW is my most anticipated themepark, and i find it to be alot better than Rift, but i voted for the first opinion. I'm not going to buy it launch either (i never do with any game) because i don't feel there's any advantage in doing so. Remember OP, play smart with your money. Hope you have fun with whatever game your choose.

You weren't offensive at all; you were right to the truth.

I am in one of those situations where it would be nice to have one MMO that I play for free and one that I pay for. Unfortuantely my mind can only really GET INTO one game at a time.

My intention behind TSW was to play it and if it's great, play it through GW2 and maybe beyond depending on how much I like it. I tend to bounce back and forth and now that WoW and UO are permanently behind me, I have some space for games in my monthly roatation.

As refreshing as TSW is (and it is a very good game) I think I will get my Gamestop refund and either get some Rift time and/or some LOTRO points. I might have to wait a bit and see. I really HATE EA. I mean HATE them for what they did to Origin, Bullfrog, etc, etc....and to pay $15 monthly just does not seem right anymore. The only people who have shown me they deserve $15 is Trion right now with Rift.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by donjn
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

You weren't offensive at all; you were right to the truth.

I am in one of those situations where it would be nice to have one MMO that I play for free and one that I pay for. Unfortuantely my mind can only really GET INTO one game at a time.

My intention behind TSW was to play it and if it's great, play it through GW2 and maybe beyond depending on how much I like it. I tend to bounce back and forth and now that WoW and UO are permanently behind me, I have some space for games in my monthly roatation.

As refreshing as TSW is (and it is a very good game) I think I will get my Gamestop refund and either get some Rift time and/or some LOTRO points. I might have to wait a bit and see. I really HATE EA. I mean HATE them for what they did to Origin, Bullfrog, etc, etc....and to pay $15 monthly just does not seem right anymore. The only people who have shown me they deserve $15 is Trion right now with Rift.

I think you only need to ask yourself if GW2 is a top priority, a must have at launch.

To me, TSW is more important, but won't get either during the first months and wait. Price goes down, check out TSW then GW2 eventually.

If to you GW2 is the most anticipated and you wouldn't like to wait a few months after release, buy at launch and check TSW out later when you get bored of GW2. It wil probably be in much better state (again, mmo launch huh ;) ) and will have alot more content. Have fun OP.