Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FreeGamer Poll, Pay or Leech

rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

Lets see what the unwashed masses have to say about life as a FreeGamer.

Comments

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Fixed the poll for you

second one = I'm smart with my money and don't feed a obnoxious bad system

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by rdrpappy

Lets see what the unwashed masses have to say about life as a FreeGamer.

ok I'll play along,

I prefer to pay a sub fee for my games

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

i dont play games, i just post here instead............

rofl

• SilverminkSilvermink Member UncommonPosts: 289

You missed 1 important reason people p2p...freeloaders. Sub games eliminate a good chunk of the troublemakers.

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325
    Originally posted by Connmacart

Fixed the poll for you

second one = I'm smart with my money and don't feed a obnoxious bad system

Smart with your money..........others feel the same way about the choice to pay for a sub.

Originally posted by Silvermink

You missed 1 important reason people p2p...freeloaders. Sub games eliminate a good chunk of the troublemakers.

I'm very happy to see such a strong segment of the group here still feels that way, I was getting worried the 99% was grinding everyone down.

It's nice to know that the majority still feels that a game worthy of a sub still provides a solid experience.

Originally posted by Stizzled

What's the point of this thread? Feeling a little insecure about the lack of P2P MMOs in the works and need to take a stab at the "unwashed masses" to feel better?

Don't worry, you've got TSW comming, and just like Funcom's previous releases, I'm sure that it'll be well worth the sub price. If TSW doesn't work out then it's okay, you guys still have SWTOR (for now), TERA, and of course WoW.

Give we "unwashed masses" a quality MMO that actually deserves the money and we'll pay it. Until then, I'm going to keep getting my entertainment on the cheap.

I think the fact that you feel assaulted by this topic is a Freudian slip, also there are a great many subscription based mmorpg's out now or in developement.

The poll shows a strong support of sub models, you are free to not spend your money anyway you like, and hey, let the tude go, I am part of the masses, I just dont consider it an emotional crisis.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

The poll shows a strong support of sub models...

On MMORPG.com? Whooda thunk it...

As an aside, 8 votes as 'strong support' is neat.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

4 people dont play games and just post here instead.  LOL

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• SilverminkSilvermink Member UncommonPosts: 289

I'm very happy to see such a strong segment of the group here still feels that way, I was getting worried the 99% was grinding everyone down.

It's nice to know that the majority still feels that a game worthy of a sub still provides a solid experience.

I wasn't saying P2P games are better than F2P (which aren't really free). Just that you get many less kids and griefers when they need a credit card.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Someone fix the title please, it's driving me crazy.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Alders

Someone fix the title please, it's driving me crazy.

Working as intended.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It is not as simple as that poll,i prefer whatever gives me fair value.The thing is that there is no such thing as free gaming,it all goes into the product and comes out as value.Also being free or paid doesn't mean anything towards quality.

As far as cash shop goes,well no developer on this planet is going to run a game for free,they have various gimmicks to recoup that money.I prefer NO hidden costs.I also prefer a sub fee with ALL future content to be funded by tha t15 dollars or 20/25 what ever they need to give fair value.

Aside from outside puiblishers taking a huge cut and any creditors you can do the simpel math and realize the sub fees offer a huge chunk of cash.200k subs would be easily attained by any good game,x15 bucks ,if my math is right ,that is 3 million bucks a month.x12=36 million just in sub fees.If they achieve 500k then double that,yo usoon see a lot of cha ching.

Most games do not kep the same entire staff that made the original game,lucky to see a max of 40 staff members remain on the same game and uisually many are working on other projects at the same time.

If these developers can spend 4 years with a full 75+ staff to get back 60 bucks in box sales they most certainly can make an xpac at 6 months sub fee at 90 bucks per.Say the average Wow player has stuck around 5 years,that is 180x5=900 bucks.Well they only got 60 for 4-5 years work now they got 900 for the same time frame,i think they can afford free xpacs.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• sapheroithsapheroith Member Posts: 116

I wasn't saying P2P games are better than F2P (which aren't really free). Just that you get many less kids and griefers when they need a credit card.

I thought grown man with a job got much more bills to pay than kids on part-times.

WOW: The Most Well Known Non-Free Non-Browser Client-Based 3D Fantasy MMORPG In Some Parts of the World.