Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment system for Korea leaked?

Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91

Source @ archeage.com

Comments

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

I tried to google translate that website...didn't work well.

But I saw Turbine for North America...so it must be some sort of speculation thread?

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Don't know if it will be in Korea, but it if that's how it goes over here, well then:

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Woah, this is the exact same plan as Turbine's LOTR. It says it will follow the Turbine system from Na. Does this mean Turbine will publish the game in the west ?

But this is from the community website, so it's not official from XL games.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

GG for me.

I played some freemium games. Longest I played was Lotro because I was so attached to this game (played it since P2P times).  Other games with those models I wanted to give a chance and tried to have open mind.

Sorry cannot, hate it - ruins game experience for me.

Officailly I am skipping ArchaAge, unless western publisher apart of Freemium system will set up few separate P2P CS-Free servers as well. 

I don't hold my breath for it, since that is only wish-talking and I think that's close to impossible.

=========

Seems it might be final nail in hte coffin to me playing mmorpg's.

ArcheAge was only mmorpg I was waiting and hoping to play long term.

My experience taught me I cannot stand playing freemium virtual worlds.

So think I am in need of new hobby.

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

I just took it as pure speculation and all that...but now that I thought about it...

I'd never play a sandbox that isn't P2P.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Can't get it to translate and can't get details in english but i have to say that if they cutoff content like LOTRO did, not interested. Seeing the models of other companies that are completely successful and have great profits without cutting off content or requiring payment for dungeons, even that model of F2P is out of date like the subscription models are. They definitely aren't going to do that well with that model as an intro into the US market people will view it poorly and not play.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Have to wait and see. Hmm...

O:

:O

• AmateAmate Member Posts: 88

This is why I hate this website, one person start a rumour or bring some piece of info from unreliable source, and immediately everyone takes it as fact and what not.

This payment picture was made by a fan, random player like you and me. Before assuming things, read what was written in his post, and if you can't then don't make assumptions out of it. There's no leak, there's no official statement, it was purely made to discuss about the payment system.

And LOL at all the "I won't play this game" that stems out of a rumour.

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

*shrug* what's the difference? Who cares which one it'll be? If it's a good game, it will prosper under pretty much any model; if it's not, it will fail - not because it's players' fault, or "asian style", or anything else, but because it's just not fun.

I'm not even plan on playing it anyway. With all the oooohs and aaaaahs I've yet to see anything that is actually officially stated that I actually like about it, rather than speculations. Plus, I'm through with P2P model anyway.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

If ArcheAge won't be P2P in the EU then I'll pass up on this one.

Competitive gameplay, especially with territorial warfare etc isn't going too well with a F2P and cashshop model, as this will be P2W then.

• ThemehosptalThemehosptal Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Amate

This is why I hate this website, one person start a rumour or bring some piece of info from unreliable source, and immediately everyone takes it as fact and what not.

This payment picture was made by a fan, random player like you and me. Before assuming things, read what was written in his post, and if you can't then don't make assumptions out of it. There's no leak, there's no official statement, it was purely made to discuss about the payment system.

And LOL at all the "I won't play this game" that stems out of a rumour.

+1