Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift Player Role Call Q1 Q2 2012

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Call out for people that played Rift during the first and second quarter of 2012, that linger this forum.

post here and let us know what quarter you played this year and what the most recent fun/funny thing that you can remember happen to you in game.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Funny you should mention this.  I'm a annual subber (I really like Rift and it only costs me ~99 a year).  It comes on my computers, gets played for 3-4 months, and I move on.  I came back again in January-March, and as we speak I'm re-downloading it.  I don't do ANY game  fulltime anymore but between the really good developer, and a pretty good game, it keeps me coming back.  I liken it to Elder Scrolls, you play it, and move on.  But you eventually come back.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,852

I played in the 1st and 2nd quarter this year.

Most recent fun thing? Hmmm ...let me think ....how about being told to go Bard or be kicked from the guild because Rogue tanks are not wanted. Thats when I quit the game and that was the most recent fun thing I did in Rift.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

payed last month , but played like 10 days :S , meh still hate the "macro system" .....spaming 3 buttons isnt fun :S (more than 3 but yeah....)

i played as warrior and rogue tank ....

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Skuall

payed last month , but played like 10 days :S , meh still hate the "macro system" .....spaming 3 buttons isnt fun :S (more than 3 but yeah....)

I use more than 3 macros. I used up all of my macro slots on a single toon. I never only use 3 action bar slots.

I do use macros. But macros are only a predefined rotation.

sometimes you have to mix up rotations for extra effects. but never macro my CC.

what your macros and builds look like?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Call out for people that played Rift during the first and second quarter of 2012, that linger this forum.

post here and let us know what quarter you played this year and what the most recent fun/funny thing that you can remember happen to you in game.

Haven't really stopped since beta, barring a few "couple week" breaks from gaming entirely.  With 1.9 this week and the expansion coming, I'm not going anywhere.

Most fun thing I've been doing very recently is randomly choosing someone in PvP and just killing or trying to kill them over and over until i eventually (sometimes) get a quad on me and then play cat n mouse.

Originally i never strayed from the objective, but damn.. When you're about the only person trying to actually WIN the match it can get tiresome.  So that's my fun lately, other than my awesome guild - but that's always fun.

It's an excellent time to get back into Rift.

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131

Honestly, I cannot get enough of Conquest on the test server. when this hits the live servers on Wednesday, people are going to have a lot of fun. I have also been playing a lot of  the special weekend warfronts. I can't stand the PVP gear grind, but at least these give bonus favor and prestige. Less grinding is promised in conquest as there are not 3 seperate factions to deal with, which is a good thing. People can pick one and be loyal to it.

This is the first game since WOW that has kept my interest for more than a year. SWG, UO and DAOC also kept me interested for years. 

Trion is the best I have ever seen in releasing new content at a pretty fast pace and  know it's what keeps me interested. I am also amazed at Storm Legion coming out this year. WOW takes a year a half from announcing an expansion and releasing it! I hate that. I am super psyched for Storm Legion!!!

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by Skuall

I use more than 3 macros. I used up all of my macro slots on a single toon. I never only use 3 action bar slots.

I do use macros. But macros are only a predefined rotation.

sometimes you have to mix up rotations for extra effects. but never macro my CC.

what your macros and builds look like?

I am the same way. I only play one toon, a rogue, and use a couple of macros for building and finishers, but other wise there are to many utility abilities to choose from. I fill up my action bar with debuffs and escape buttons for PVP. I like to run assassin and sneak up from behind. I use MM a lot also.

For HK raiding I use ranger, and have most abilities macroed. I wish ranger had an interupt, it's the only bad thing about it.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i think i played the first quarter for less than 1 month. Most funny thing that happened to me? I bought that month and played like 2 days.

EDIT: my bad, it was second Quarter of 2011. Only played 2 days out of that month because i was going out of the country for last summer and totally forgot about it when purchased the month 2 days before the trip

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I have played on and off since release. I have always played a few months and taken a few months off. It's just how I play. In fact, I just re subbed to Rift again this week. This game isn't perfect, it has it's issues, but IMO it's presently the best MMO on the market. (not that it's a difficult achievement at this point in time but still) But What I really like is there seems to be a new direction Rift is going in since it was released.