Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OPEN BETA TEST!!! :DDD

Tnk0072Tnk0072 Member UncommonPosts: 98

so well besides the really annoying title of this thread...there is in fact the open beta starting thursday 2am for people in the eastern time zone.  You have to register a sega id and then you can start downloading the game now! open beta test takes your character over to the full game, pso2 is a free to play game. hope you enjoy this news as much as i do! byeeee!!!

Comments

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I will also be their tomorrow im looking forward to it.

Cya there XD

• Tnk0072Tnk0072 Member UncommonPosts: 98

yay english speaking players! dont know if you heard but make sure to pick ship 2 block 20 thats where all the english players will be!!!

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

How do you sign up? And no PS3 =(

sadly theres only a japanese version so you have to download it from pso2.jp

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

ok finally figured out how to register an account and in process of download.. kinda crazy the OB of Blade and Soul starts tomorrow too. Lemme tell ya Korean a lot harder to figure out than Japanese lol

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

How do you sign up? And no PS3 =(

Click the Sega ID button enter email addy. Once email comes click the link then enter your birthdate username password and a security question answer.

pretty simple

Originally posted by Sorrow

ok finally figured out how to register an account and in process of download.. kinda crazy the OB of Blade and Soul starts tomorrow too. Lemme tell ya Korean a lot harder to figure out than Japanese lol

dont you need a kssn still...?

Originally posted by tnk0072
    Originally posted by Sorrow

dont you need a kssn still...?

nope its worldwide even if it is only in korean

SWEET!!! wait does it start today...well tomorrow/today like wednesday?? heh :D

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Yes it starts on Wednesday at 16:00 JST. For folks on the East Coast that would be 3:00 a.m. EST. So about 13 hours from now!

Article can be found here:

http://andriasang.com/con1io/pso2_beta/

Those who register in advance for the open beta will receive a Rappy Min Doll as a present. This can be used to decorate your my room. Sega did not say when full service on PSO2 will begin. However, it did say that if there are no major problems, they plan on switching to official service as soon as possible. Open beta players will be able to carry their data over once official service has begin.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Oh LOL I almost forgot. I made this video about 2 months ago when closed beta was going on. It shows you the command for the 23 emotes that you can do. If you click on show more it will show you the details to each emote. I'm not sure if they added more for OBT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XoKxUGRBg

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283

All I can say is that I've been waiting for this game for a long time. See you folks in the game.

• Soldier101Soldier101 Member Posts: 111

Did they come out with the english patch that works for the open beta?

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Surprised there isn't much noise about this game. Although I suppose playing a game available only in japanese probably doesn't help much, but without any IP Restrictions, you'd think more people would give it a shot.

Decent game though. I've found it to be far more challenging than games like Vindictus, Dragon Nest or TERA. Especially the boss fights, they take a little time to get used to initially. They've got interesting gimmicks, and weak spots as well. I hope it gets released in English in the near future for NA/EU, but I'm not sure how the game would fare over here.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I'll wait for an english version. I had a lot of fun with the xbox version of PSO back in the day. Although only got to like level 70ish

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

Woah, this is awesome news... Loved PSO on the Dreamcast and PSO:BB on PC. Wasn't a fan of PSU though, pretty much because the community sucked (Xbox360... typical).

Think I might have to wait for an english patch / release though, unless I get really anxious to just see what it's like :D.

Also for anyone saying "don't know how it'd fare outside of Japan" etc, it wouldn't matter really. If it's anything like ANY other PSO game, JP, NA, and EU all play together on the same version and there's always people to play with.

I was still playing PSO with the Japanese folk on my Dreamcast in 2005. Sad day when the official servers shut down (JP & EU went down in 2007, NA version went down far sooner though as that's the version all the hackers and dickheads played through).

But yeah, looking forward to this! Will definitely keep updated on it.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.