Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Music and your MMO

GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395

Do you listen to music when playing your mmo and if so what kind??

Comments

• rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378

When I first start out an MMO (which hasn't been forever), I make sure I listen to their music. Otherwise I always have my 2k playlist going on shuffle which ranges to anything like August Burns Red (very heavy) to Lady Gaga. But when I choose individual music it's usually rock music (Hoobastank and Linkin Park are my fav right now) or rap (recently Wiz Khalifa and Odd Future).

The only game I listen to anymore for my MMOs is Guild Wars 1. Amazing music.

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570

Favorite song atm.

I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

I'm stuck firmly in the 80's - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpzwVJHZxdU

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

The music I listen to I discovered really affects my gaming preformance, especially in LoL.

I get really into LoL and on top of my game when I listen to gaming soundtracks from the best RPG's like final fantasy, .hack ect ect.

So ya RPG game OST's are my MMO soundtrack XD

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426

I usually listen to what comes with the game, with the tunes in Elder Scrolls being some of my favourites.

That said, I did create a custom playlist for bf's GW2 for boss battles - now the next time he's slaying a threat to the local population, he'll be doing it to the beat of Benny Hill theme song. He doesn't know it yet, so... shh! ;)

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by Nefera

I usually listen to what comes with the game, with the tunes in Elder Scrolls being some of my favourites.

That said, I did create a custom playlist for bf's GW2 for boss battles - now the next time he's slaying a threat to the local population, he'll be doing it to the beat of Benny Hill theme song. He doesn't know it yet, so... shh! ;)

Anet should do that.. keep the file hidden and activate it on april 1st.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Nefera

that ... is all kinds of awesome.

as for me personally, im kinda hooked on a few tunes by the medieavale baebes. in particular the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D84cuIPx5aQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-OPpvtc-7E

the first one is especially good to get in a groove for slaughtering the invading forces of evil ... or whatever.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

I don't know how you guys do it with music, I can while just kinda roamin, not doin much, but i'm listening for certain noises, like another player came into the fight, some seige hitting elsewhere... All the likes. especially DayZ, i'm listening for other players foot steps and zombies... 

BUT, when I do hit the beat, it's mostly Linkin Parks new song, and some Rock.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.