Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Political Ads

MorgarenMorgaren Member UncommonPosts: 397

I noticed a banner add for a Obama and Romney type game. Stop that please. I get bombarded with political crap everywhere, don't let it invade my gaming space. It's bad enough we have super pacs dumping money like crazy into stuff, I know the money is tempting, but just say no. Please.

Guys give some love to this thread if you want politics not shown on this site.

Comments

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by Morgaren

I noticed a banner add for a Obama and Romney type game. Stop that please. I get bombarded with political crap everywhere, don't let it invade my gaming space. It's bad enough we have super pacs dumping money like crazy into stuff, I know the money is tempting, but just say no. Please.

Guys give some love to this thread if you want politics not shown on this site.

I thought that ad was in pretty bad taste as well.  I agree, please block that ad.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

+1

Drop poltical agendas and bring back sexism.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

There shouldn't be any political ads on the site. If you see it again could you take a screen cap of it?

• MorgarenMorgaren Member UncommonPosts: 397

I sent you a screencap, the company is gamify, and it looks like a game where you vote for who you want.

Originally posted by GTwander

+1

Drop poltical agendas and bring back sexism.

Boom, qft

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381

I sent you a screencap, the company is gamify, and it looks like a game where you vote for who you want.

It's not bad either.  I just wish there was open world PVP.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by MikeB

There shouldn't be any political ads on the site. If you see it again could you take a screen cap of it?

There ya go Mike ;-)

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Reizla

There ya go Mike ;-)

That is an ad for a game with a politcal theme. It is not an ad for any political party or candidate. like all other ads here you can choose to ignore it or not. At the least it isn't sitting there strobing, flashing, scrolling, bouncing, exploding....

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Originally posted by grunty

There ya go Mike ;-)

That is an ad for a game with a politcal theme. It is not an ad for any political party or candidate.

Still, I have to see the Romney vs. Obama thing everywhere, on facebook, the news, TV, the local paper, the radio, ect. I come here to see things about MMO's and not some short term political game going to make a few bucks off the frenzy.

There ya go Mike ;-)

That is an ad for a game with a politcal theme. It is not an ad for any political party or candidate.

Still, I have to see the Romney vs. Obama thing everywhere, on facebook, the news, TV, the local paper, the radio, ect. I come here to see things about MMO's and not some short term political game going to make a few bucks off the frenzy.

Start reading newspapers and magazines. You will quickly learn a skill most people don't seem to have anymore. The skill of ignoring ads without effort.

If this or any other ad were in a game then I would be standing right beside you in protest. Websites on the other hand are just like magazines and newspapers. They make their income by selling ad space. Not by our subscriptions.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • stormseekazstormseekaz Member UncommonPosts: 168

If it is just an ad for a political based game then why does it say "HOPE" and "JOBS" below the candidates.  That to me strikes a biased agenda.

I interpreted it as "Romney will give us "JOBS", but Obama will just give us another 4 years of "HOPE", so which would you rather have?"

Even if it is a political game, get that garbage game ad off the site, thats the last thing gamers want to see is political bs.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

This site has ads? Huh, never knew that. Thank you Adblock Plus!

• AbrexusAbrexus Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by stormseekaz

If it is just an ad for a political based game then why does it say "HOPE" and "JOBS" below the candidates.  That to me strikes a biased agenda.

I interpreted it as "Romney will give us "JOBS", but Obama will just give us another 4 years of "HOPE", so which would you rather have?"

Even if it is a political game, get that garbage game ad off the site, thats the last thing gamers want to see is political bs.

I Heartily Agree!

• Take care, young ladies, and value your wine.
    • Be watchful of young men in their velvet prime.
    • Deeply they'll swallow from your finest kegs,
    • Then swiftly be gone, leaving bitter dregs.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

There ya go Mike ;-)

That is an ad for a game with a politcal theme. It is not an ad for any political party or candidate. like all other ads here you can choose to ignore it or not. At the least it isn't sitting there strobing, flashing, scrolling, bouncing, exploding....

I couldn't tell if the ad was political or for a game/virtual chatroom when I saw it. Many viewers will see it as political even if they can't really understand whether it's campaign for Obama, Romney, or maybe contry's propaganda encouraging people to vote.

Originally posted by Vrika

There ya go Mike ;-)

I couldn't tell if the ad was political or for a game/virtual chatroom when I saw it. Many viewers will see it as political even if they can't really understand whether it's campaign for Obama, Romney, or maybe contry's propaganda encouraging people to vote.

Then you and those 'many viewers' need to learn to read ads. All political advertisements in the U.S. must, by law, state that it is a politcal ad and it must state who paid for it.

You need to learn to read ads from the point of view of 'what do they want from me?' instead of 'what can I get from them?'.

Big difference in ignoring adds because I want to and because I have to if I want to enjoy something. I can go to other gaming sites without the adds, and MikeB has already stated that it shouldn't be on here, so the point is really moot.

The guy who made the comment about the hope and jobs, and the biased agenda, +1, exactly. I want to see stuff with fire and dragons, lasers and maybe even a sword or two, not some 8-bit stab at bringing awareness of something every already knows is going on.

"HEY GUYS! THE SUN IS OUTSIDE DURING THE DAY!"

That help you? Probably not, it's just freaking annoying and stupid, just like political ads on mmorpg.com.

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

+1 for no politics 

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Can we please remove the politica add and the game, heck if I post political stuff i get a warning.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Forwarding this along to find out what our stance is on this. Thanks everyone!

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

It's an ad thats made into a "MMO voting game".

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Thread was necroed by a spammer, please disregard.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.