Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon Update: Free Time, Totem Decay and Development team increase!

lars1134lars1134 Member Posts: 106

Xsyon Update: Free Time and Totem Decay!

This game keeps changing in a positive way. In my experience, loading times have decreased about 5 times, crashes are very very very rare and we are going to have some VERY exiting features the next couple of months! (Alright, enouph Very)

See for yourself:

Hello!

You are receiving this email as a current or previous customer of the online game world Xsyon.

Since the game’s official launch in 2011, Notorious Games has put in a lot of hardwork and dedication to improve Xsyon. We are very proud of how the game has evolved!

We now welcome back all previous players to once again experience Xsyon. If it’s been a while since you played you will see many changes.

Starting Friday May 18 we will be giving players a 10 day free pass to join us in Xsyon!

Free time will be available for inactive past subscribers in groups over the course of a few weeks. You will receive another email with the exact dates when Xsyon will become available to you. Free time will occur over the course of five weeks.

Here are some of the improvements we’ve made since the official launch:
  • Expanded, flexible, part based construction system allowing players to build expansive buildings and towns.
  • Completely new twitch based manual combat system with held directional swings and parries.
  • Enhanced creature system. Many new and stronger creatures now inhabit Xsyon, breeding, ageing, growing in power and becoming mutants.
  • Improved crafting system providing crafting tool and material bonuses.
  • Redistributed rare and valuable resources.
  • Forestry system with trees that grow spread and can be planted by player characters.
  • Revised User Interface based on player input, including tabbed chat, a map panel, weather gauges and improved customization.
  • Improved rendering with HDR lighting, detailed soft shadows and enhanced visual effects.
  • Player made carts for transporting large amounts of goods.
  • Buildings used as storage.
  • Revised lock and permission system to control shared access of private and tribal goods.
  • Vastly improved client loading times and memory management.
  • Enhanced server back end for increased stability and improved command processing.
In the next few weeks we will roll out a few more improvements we feel will greatly increase game balance and player interaction:

· Skill decay,balancing, locks and usage display.

· Balanced statusage and increased stat gain based on actions performed.

· Health based onstats and skills instead of leveling over time.

· Improved experience and leveling system. Using the experience system to gain skills increases and balances stats and other skills as if you preformed the associated actions.

· Enhanced player created quest system. Players can view and drop quests from their personal quest panel. Quests give experience points to questors and quest givers providing an entirely new way for players to build their characters over time.

· Improved bonuses to crafted end products such as armor and weapons.

In addition we’ve made many minor tweaks based on player feedback and hope youwill find Xsyon a user friendly and fun experience!

Once the free time period ends, Xsyon will enter a totem decay phase. Totems not marked active and without any active players will become abandoned one week after the free time ends. During this phase the following important changes will happen

· Abandoned totems will decay and be removed, freeing up claimed lands and any buildings and containers on these lands. Totems will be marked as abandoned if no player in thetribe is active or subscribed. Keeping an active subscription will protect atotem from being removed.

· All containers,resources and buildings on public land will be accessible by all players.

· Revenants will appear throughout the world at abandoned tribe locations. Revenants will be aggressive creatures with the ability to loot players.

· All actively subscribed players will be given twoweeks of free game time.

You will receive another email soon with your specific allotted free time slot. We will then provide you with contact information in case you are unable to take advantage of this time and would like to do so during a different set of dates.

Of course you are welcome to join us now! We are currently running final tests on the big skill / stats / and quest system patch and have much in store!

We hope you enjoy how the game world has evolved and look forward to seeing you in Xsyon!

Notorious Games
Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I've caught up with a few rounds of questions to the developers for those interested.

We have a lot going on behind the scenes these days as we are preparing to raise some funds to expand our development team and promote Xsyon to bring in new players once the free time period is over. I will announce more about these plans when we're ready.

That's all for tonight!

Comments

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

hows the training system evolving? The last time I played (well over a year ago), I couldn't hardly figure out how to even play the game.  Thats saying alot because I figured out WURM with no issues at all. 

• lars1134lars1134 Member Posts: 106

Training is evolving nicely, it's still a bit of a discovery though. But there a tons of people willing to help you out ingame with every answer to get you going.

• brando13184brando13184 Member UncommonPosts: 67

I totally agree that more tooltips or a tutorial would help.  Lars is right though, just ask using "/y" and plenty of folks are willing to help out.  There is an official Wiki going up in the next month or so and that will probably help TONS.  It was the only thing WURM had until they added their tutorial island which I think is in the works for Xsyon.