Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Player Impression

MwahahaMwahaha Member UncommonPosts: 126

Well I finally picked up SWTOR after telling myself to hold off on the game and see how it does.  I had no desire to play my old mmo anymore so here I am.

My first 10 minutes of playing was pretty buggy.  I started out as a smuggler and you know they have the cover mechanic.  Well I go into cover for the first time and I'm staying in cover lol.  I "get up" from cover and glide across to my next target.  After relogging my character was back to normal.

Anyway after playing SWTOR for a few days with my highest being level 11 I have to say I'm enjoying the game.  Its like SWTOR was made for me - I don't like crafting so having my companion gather and craft for me is awesome plus I tend to solo in MMOs so the playstyle of the game is fine and I like playing pet classes so companions are great.  

I like how the classes mirror each other and how your companion can be sent away to sell your vendor junk.  Having to stop in the middle of a huge zone just to vendor your junk is annoying.  

One thing I've missed in other games is a social hub - a place where you can just hang out and chat.  SWTOR seems to have that with the Imperial/Republic Fleets rest zones.  I love it.

So thats my new player impression so far.  I can see SWTOR being a game I can stay with for a while.

Played:  EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, WoW, LoTRO, CoX, CO, GW2, FFXIV: ARR, AoC, Rift, TSW, SWTOR, TERA, BnS, ESO

Comments

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Play for few more weeks and post in your thread again and see what you think.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

It definitely takes longer to get a real impression of this game.  I loved leveling my first character.  I found leveling the second of the same faction much less enjoyable and leveling a jedi was boring as hell to me.

I quit because of combat issues, lack of group finding tools and premade vs. pug PVP.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Reach cap on both factions and then the game is pretty much done. Make it last for as long as you want to pay a sub fee.

imageimage