Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End game

2»

Comments

• dangledangle Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by KhinRunite

Yeah about the repeatable quests thing, do quests scale with the player level? For example, can a max level character do the repeatable quests at Kingsmouth and still be rewarded?

You always get the same amount of exp for a quest regardless of how powerful your character is. But harder quests in later zones reward more exp than early quests in Kingsmouth. Later quests also give you higher level items. But I'd say it's still worth it to go back. With the exception of the first few baby quests in Kingsmouth, like you get 10k exp for delivering that ammo, the difference is not that huge. 

• KumateKumate Member Posts: 69

The best part of TSW endgame is that you still go back to the starter zones for it.  Your not stuck in the same two zones.  They have talked a lot about having a raid in the works and it will be post launch.  They also have nightmare version and elite versions of all the normal dungeons. 

Also unlike many other games, thier endzones are complete!  There is no BS fluffing where the first two zones are amazing and then all of a sudden you find everything after that is halfassed and uncompletable.  All the zones have had the attention to detail as the first few zones.

This game will keep you busy for a long long time.  Anyone else saying it won't plays the game in a speed burst, and wouldn;t be happy with any game tha launched. 

Also PVP is a ton of fun!  With tons to do.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by Laross
    Originally posted by tares

...make every quest repeatable...

Yeah about the repeatable quests thing, do quests scale with the player level? For example, can a max level character do the repeatable quests at Kingsmouth and still be rewarded?

what do you mean by max level?  In TSW there are no levels, so essentially you can go back anytime and do as much as you want just a person with a more developed skill wheel would finish the combat quest much easier.

Hmmm..wasn't there an actual measure of character power? I remember wandering off too much out of kingsmouth and got raped by those bog monsters at the shoreline. I figured they're much higher level than me so I shouldn't wander off and just do the quests so I can get stronger. I also remember a number beside the mob's HP bar? I believe that's their level?

So essentially going back to kingsmouth will still be worth it? At least as much worth as sticking to repeatable quests on higher level areas?

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

what do you mean by max level?  In TSW there are no levels, so essentially you can go back anytime and do as much as you want just a person with a more developed skill wheel would finish the combat quest much easier.

You're wrong, there are levels in TSW. As max level character with all T10 gear, you will basically oneshot everything in Kingsmouth, no matter how much stuff you opened up on your skill wheel. Hell, even with T3 gear, most of the mobs in Kingsmouth become absolutely trivial.

Hmmm..wasn't there an actual measure of character power? I remember wandering off too much out of kingsmouth and got raped by those bog monsters at the shoreline. I figured they're much higher level than me so I shouldn't wander off and just do the quests so I can get stronger. I also remember a number beside the mob's HP bar? I believe that's their level?

So essentially going back to kingsmouth will still be worth it? At least as much worth as sticking to repeatable quests on higher level areas?

There is. There is an icon next to the mob's HP bar. It changes depending on your level in relation to the mob's.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by heartless

You're wrong, there are levels in TSW. As max level character with all T10 gear, you will basically oneshot everything in Kingsmouth, no matter how much stuff you opened up on your skill wheel. Hell, even with T3 gear, most of the mobs in Kingsmouth become absolutely trivial.

Oh wow cool so what's level cap?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully

The level cap is when your character stops advancing.

Edit: for the purpose of content, Funcom uses gear quality levels. So technically, QL10 is the "level cap" for content.

• tarestares Member Posts: 381

item levels, at item level 10 I can go back to kingsmith and 1-4 shot anything, the higher tierd zones give more XP for mobs and finishing quest.  With level 10 and enough sp/ap to buy any skill and build anyway.  I blew through the first two zones main quest in about 30 minutes two days ago.

Yeah I know that, but when is that?

You're arguing semantics. Does it matter if it's level 20 or 989349234? The cap is still there. You want to find out when that is, go count how much AP/SP everything costs.

Also, as I've said in my edit, as far as the game is concerned, your QL is your level. You need QL3 to do anything worthwhile in Polaris. That hell instance in the Savage Coast is QL5, I believe.

You're arguing semantics. Does it matter if it's level 20 or 989349234? The cap is still there. You want to find out when that is, go count how much AP/SP everything costs.

Awe man that's like eighty bajillion levels image  So I wont be able to raid and do nightmare modes till I reach eighty bajillion?! 

Thanks for breaking me in on the secret level cap in the secret world. This game sucks!

BC

Awe man that's like eighty bajillion levels image  So I wont be able to raid and do nightmare modes till I reach eighty bajillion?! 

Thanks for breaking me in on the secret level cap in the secret world. This game sucks!

BC

If you want to get technical, QL10 is max level. Once you get QL10 gear you have access to all of the game's content.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Laross Originally posted by KhinRunite Originally posted by tares ...make every quest repeatable...

Player power is in direct proportion to their maximum weapon AP.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517

Actually you would have two or maybe three caps in the game as you have what most would call a veritical cap, and then a horizontal cap as welll. Your vertical cap comes from gaining the best gear an abilties for your chosen build, such as crafting an gaining gear to maxmize your output in your build (dd, tanking, healing, support.). While the horizontal cap would be makin additional builds for other roles  as well as by capping the effectiviness of these different role builds. If you specilize into just being a damage dealer though making several diferent styles of dd builds, you will very quickly narrow your ability to run instances or content, compared to others that spread out learning an using varied roles in the game to allow for being able to do multiple toles in groups.

Is there an end game? Yeah you have both pvp, pve content that is geared and designed for players that are veritically caped on progression. It ranges from warzone, raides, small hard diffuclty instances, lairs, world bosses, and i am sure alot of other thing they have not let out yet.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    Originally posted by Asuran24

Actually you would have two or maybe three caps in the game as you have what most would call a veritical cap, and then a horizontal cap as welll. Your vertical cap comes from gaining the best gear an abilties for your chosen build, such as crafting an gaining gear to maxmize your output in your build (dd, tanking, healing, support.). While the horizontal cap would be makin additional builds for other roles  as well as by capping the effectiviness of these different role builds. If you specilize into just being a damage dealer though making several diferent styles of dd builds, you will very quickly narrow your ability to run instances or content, compared to others that spread out learning an using varied roles in the game to allow for being able to do multiple toles in groups.

Is there an end game? Yeah you have both pvp, pve content that is geared and designed for players that are veritically caped on progression. It ranges from warzone, raides, small hard diffuclty instances, lairs, world bosses, and i am sure alot of other thing they have not let out yet.

There are no "raids" at launch. There are rumors of a raid being added in a later patch. The PvE content is estimated to be between 125 and 175 hours of play, but you can choose to repeat quests with a cooldown timer.  You can run the 8 dungeons that are supposed to be released and do them on hard mode but will have to grind gear or abilities to do nightmare modes. You can PvP. There are supposed to be "alpha" area mini-bosses you can kill.

If you read the FC forums there are multiple threads about the longevity of content. There are promises of regular content updates and a patch in the "fall", the quality of which is unknown. But as of now you will have to chose what to redo in order to unlock your full skill wheel. This may pose an issue for people "rushing" to the end-game.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

It's kind of misleading to say QL10 is technically the level cap because in no way is your character capped just because of their QL.  Having the proper prefixes and suffixes for your gear is just as important if not more important than your QL.  A blades/hammer tank with QL 8 gear and defense (glancing)/block glyphs will be more efficient than that same tank with QL 10 gear and evade/penetration glyphs or no glyphs at all.

Even though bcbully came off kind of indirect, I think this is what he was referring to.  Unlike most games, to reach the "cap" you have to level vertically and horizontally which makes it virtually impossible to put a number on the cap.  Then throw in that end game dungeons will force everyone to have numerous builds further makes a numbered cap impossible.  Yes the highest ranked weapon is QL 10, but that weapon can be useless for your deck without the proper prefixes and suffixes.  Also remember each weapon supports at least 2 roles making what's in the weapon more important than the weapon's QL.

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Derpybird
    Originally posted by Asuran24

There are no "raids" at launch. There are rumors of a raid being added in a later patch. The PvE content is estimated to be between 125 and 175 hours of play, but you can choose to repeat quests with a cooldown timer.  You can run the 8 dungeons that are supposed to be released and do them on hard mode but will have to grind gear or abilities to do nightmare modes. You can PvP. There are supposed to be "alpha" area mini-bosses you can kill.

If you read the FC forums there are multiple threads about the longevity of content. There are promises of regular content updates and a patch in the "fall", the quality of which is unknown. But as of now you will have to chose what to redo in order to unlock your full skill wheel. This may pose an issue for people "rushing" to the end-game.

Yeah no raids at launch yet to me raids (they have actualy said they have atleast one raid coming in a post launch patch a short awhile after launch) within a few months would still entails that the raids are already in dev, and most likely testing as of prior to release, and so are apart of the time release content for end-game. Judging by the quality of the areas, story, and content i am sure the raids will be well equal to the quality most people that enjoy the game would like. Also rushing to end game has always been an issue as it limits the time for devs to create their raids and such as well as polish them really, as such i am happy to see they are not bending to the will of the 'power-leveler/end-gamers" by releasing the endgame raids early to get them in at launch day.

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by JohnnyMotrin

It's kind of misleading to say QL10 is technically the level cap because in no way is your character capped just because of their QL.  Having the proper prefixes and suffixes for your gear is just as important if not more important than your QL.  A blades/hammer tank with QL 8 gear and defense (glancing)/block glyphs will be more efficient than that same tank with QL 10 gear and evade/penetration glyphs or no glyphs at all.

Even though bcbully came off kind of indirect, I think this is what he was referring to.  Unlike most games, to reach the "cap" you have to level vertically and horizontally which makes it virtually impossible to put a number on the cap.  Then throw in that end game dungeons will force everyone to have numerous builds further makes a numbered cap impossible.  Yes the highest ranked weapon is QL 10, but that weapon can be useless for your deck without the proper prefixes and suffixes.  Also remember each weapon supports at least 2 roles making what's in the weapon more important than the weapon's QL.

Wrong. I tank elites with QL10 blue tanking gear with absolutely 0 glyphs in it atm, because glyhps cant be put into them. Defense, dodge,etc its all useless, the actual amount of mitigation you get isn't shown, because its so damn marginal of a change. Every dps can just stack Crit/Crit Power/Pen in any order they want, because again, it just doesnt matter. The ONLY thing that matters, is the actual dps of your weapon, and that you choose the right skills with the higher dps numbers, or mitigation effects.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Which themepark MMO does NOT require you to endlessly repeat the same content (i.e. raids and dailies) to fine-tune your available skills and improve your equipment ?

The only difference between a game that's just launched and a game that's been running for 3+ years is that the new game will have less variety of repeatable content than the game that's had an additional few years to add more content.

It takes vastly more time to build a new raid or instance than it takes for players to complete it. That's why no MMO has ever added a new raid every week. If it were possible to insta create new unique content, some developer would do it, because it would give their game a huge advantage.

In TSW, all the quests are "dailies", which means that the range of choice for repeating content is large. Of course the quest rewards also scale with difficulty, which means that a player in QL6 gear will not get nearly as much overall reward from a quest in Kingsmouth as they would from repeating Burning Sands content.