Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We can't just blame EA for this pile of crap!! Whos to blame?

ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

Usually, folks attack EA as soon as a game have failed.  I see it differently this time around.

I see BioWare is to blame the most because wasting most of the resources on voice, voice and story and story aswell and some voice and not to forget voice&story....

And the crappy guys from Mythic who handled the pvp so miserably!

EA is known for wanting money money money.... but I personally believe that they was easy on BioWare this time because of the potential of "the next one" so to speak....  I could be wrong though!

Then, we have the fans, or should I call them the fanboys!? There are MANY examples but I'm about to address one of them here; There was countless of threads about server rulesets. Sometimes it got nasty, some threads on the official forums got locked, some users got banned.  The community managers aswell as the devs wasted time and effort for nothing.

7-8 years ago, Blizzard made it simple! (this one for example only) They gave all of us different server rulesets: PvE for those carebears, PvP for those Gankers and RP for the roleplayers..... plain and simple!

This could be so much better really but it turned out to be a pile of crap.... whos to blame the most folks?

:)

Comments

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

They hyped it way too much and pushed it out too early. Then they fired half the crew. Whos to blame? EA.

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

OP in case you missed the memo. There really is no Bioware or Mythic anymore. EA bought them out completely years ago. They keep passing the names around because both those former companies had a better reputaiton then EA ever had. It's just a sales pitch to sucker everyone that doesn't know.

Though after DA2, TOR and ME3 I think the majority of people are finally catching on. Warhammer pretty much sealed Mythic's reputation but that was still under EA's ownership.

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by Clawzon

Usually, folks attack EA as soon as a game have failed.  I see it differently this time around.

So you have been keeping track of everyone posting on the subject?

Because I sure as hell didnt see a shortage of EA hate on the beta forums...there would be no question about this if EA had actually been a part of a non failure MMO...but they havent, all of them fell short of their mark or outright bombed.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

I really don't see the point in blaming anyone. Your only two choices are EA or LA and in the end the game remains the same.

• epf1epf1 Member Posts: 162

You forgot the most important factor for the SWTOR failure, the puppet masters themselves in the form of  LucasArts! They were the ones that initiated and wanted this pile of crap. Now they can have it back!

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

what was the only constant faction in ANY star wars product(series, books, comics, toys, movies etc) that turned out rather disapointing.. Starts with a L

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

George Lucas is at fault, I just know it!

He adds random shit to his movies that only ends up leaving a foul taste in one's mouth, and then has the nerve to repackage and sell them all over again. Why the fuck would I buy a 30$ bluray just to hear Vader yell "Nooooo~" and edit in the douchebag Hayden Vader in the place of the original actor?

Every time a Star Wars product annoys, offends, or outright stupifies - it's HIS fault, somehow.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Op Obviously Bioware SW:Tor's developer is mainly to blame, but hey its their "Art" you don't have to like it or understand it

• NewmoonNewmoon Member UncommonPosts: 126

You left out LucasArts.  They're the ones who wanted SWG dumbed down, and pushed the CU/NGE as a way to up sub numbers. They wanted more "wow-like" and got it. Now they're crying because they got what they wanted. *Shrug*. I loved the voice/story, which is a massive improvement over reading walls of text.

EA is also a very favorite target of mine. Look at the other bug ridden crap they put out. I haven't bought Sims expansions because the stuff they put out in the base game hasn't been fixed. Adding the first expansion broke several things that STILL haven't been fixed years later- and it isn't even an MMO. Requiring people to go through Origin as well as a DRM move? Haven't bought an EA game since then.

The worst part of SWTOR for me was space on rails. Seriously, when SWG had free form space in 2003, and Microsoft had the much beloved Freelancer that same year, and they give us space on rails in 2012?????? Cheap ass tiny servers???? Spend 200 million building SWTOR then running it on 5 dollar hooker servers????

This discussion has been closed.