Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like Fileplanet is dead

Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

http://www.fileplanet.com/

Read the top that comes up. It is no longer being updated and the site is being archived.

Quite a big site to go down. Guess people didn't use it anymore.

Comments

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

wow, I haven't played any PC games for a while, but I remember the days where I used that website to download so many demos and patches. RIP File Planet  :(

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

It will always be Vileplanet.com to me.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I used to go there a LOONGG time ago to get my ut2004 mods.  Yep.  That long ago!

Im not really affected by it as much unlike when gamehippo got bought out.  I was like "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" that time.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Nothing of value was lost.

I hope IGN loses money somewhere over it.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Goodbye Fileplanet, we saulte you and thanks for the PC game patches throughout my early gaming years :)

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

I was annoyed how they were happly takeing my money, monthly for a service they were shutting down. Had to tell them to stop. image

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• lifesbrinklifesbrink Member UncommonPosts: 553

All hail our new overlord, Steam!

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100

Good riddance! I have always disliked that site. I used it a couple times to download either patches or demoes many years ago.