Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW in decline on MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Seems WoW is really in decline on these boards...

You also have to remember that WoW only has a million or 2 players in NA. Most of the numbers for their subscription are the permanently open Chinese subscribers whose accounts will always be active due to government laws. That being the case there is no real way to get accurate numbers for the games player base. It also limits the people who would therefor then visit an english gaming site as well.

• Sameer1979Sameer1979 Member Posts: 362
    Originally posted by namelessbob
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

You also have to remember that WoW only has a million or 2 players in NA. Most of the numbers for their subscription are the permanently open Chinese subscribers whose accounts will always be active due to government laws. That being the case there is no real way to get accurate numbers for the games player base. It also limits the people who would therefor then visit an english gaming site as well.

Oh so 2 million players isn't good enough? all MMO companies would kill to have that number in NA. You guys throw around 2 million subs in comparison to asian subs as that number is such a normal thing in NA.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Why is this topic always brought up? Games will lose players, it has happened to pretty much every MMO released. It is going to happen to WoW, it will happen to Guild Wars 2, it will happen to that next-gen AAA behemoth in the pipe somewhere in some designers bean.

Move on, starting to sound a lot like a certain forum I will not mention here, but you all know and love it, still whining gamers anyone?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Originally posted by Sameer1979
    Originally posted by namelessbob

Oh so 2 million players isn't good enough? all MMO companies would kill to have that number in NA. You guys throw around 2 million subs in comparison to asian subs as that number is such a normal thing in NA.

Next time you attempt to respond to a post actually read the post. When discussing the traffic to a 3rd party random mmo site like this yes the numbers are down for obvious reasons as I stated. Ignorance is one thing, but just plain out being stupid is another.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582
    Originally posted by jason_webb

last year these boards had an average view of way over 300k each month, but that has gradually dropped to bout 70k over the last month. I think Blizzard should hurry with their next MMO, or the investors migth get stressed...

Haven't read the rest of the thread but does this actually say anything about wow or does it say more about these boards. I still play wow, in beta at the moment as well but as for these boards, i used to be here every day but now probably once a week.

Just get tired of the same threads over and over and over again;

1 - Wow numbers are wrong

2 - Blizzard hacking accounts

3 - Vanilla server threads

4 - Haven't played in a while, what's new

...and finally

5 - Threads telling everyone what a disaster the next expansion will be

Once you have been through these threads a few dozen times and you see no end to it, there is little to come back for time and again.

This is honeslty the truth.  If you play wow, you have the official forums, you have wowhead and MMO-champion forums..  those forums are populated with people who mostly all play the game.   It is nearly impossible to have a conversation on this site in the WOW forums with actual players.   You post something and the first 10-15 replies will be from the same people bashing greedy blizzard, or the idea-stealing devs, or saying that Activision is lying to investors... or that 99.5% of subscribers are from china.. etc etc. 

There is just very little reason to talk about WOW on this site because every other game has ´little brother´syndrome.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Well lets see, for 6+ months the only end game in WoW has been one raid and horrible unbalanced PvP, so I can see why their subs and interest from players on forums in dropping. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL