Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expansion with most players?

observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Anyone know which expansion had the most players?  Was it Wrath of the Lich King?  Anyone have a website that shows some data?  I'm just curious about this.

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Cata had the most (well going my month one sales that is) 

Month one sales( EU & US )

• Cata = 4.7 million
    • Wrath = 4.0 million
    • TBC = 3.5 million
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

im sure MoP will have more than cata

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

I would have to go with Cata as well.  I think it rounded out at 5 million sales.  Or was it 12 million sales for all of their subscribers?  Nope. 5 million. 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

probably a close call between LK and Cata

no question that Cata was the fastest selling expansion but LK was probably the best selling if you include China

unlike Cata,

LK was not available for preorders (from Blizzard) for a full month before launch

LK was also not available in China for 2 years

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/30070/Wrath_Of_The_Lich_King_Finally_Launching_In_China.php

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by expresso

• Cata = 4.7 million
    • Wrath = 4.0 million
    • TBC = 3.5 million

Really? Cata? I'm kind of shocked.  I was sure Wotlk had more players, since it was more casual.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    Originally posted by observer
    Originally posted by expresso

• Cata = 4.7 million
    • Wrath = 4.0 million
    • TBC = 3.5 million

Really? Cata? I'm kind of shocked.  I was sure Wotlk had more players, since it was more casual.

Well, I don't think a lot of people knew what they were getting into. I beleive a lot bought it before the decline. With MoP I don't see a lot of people even excited about it or even wanting to get it just because it is the new xpac. Perhaps MoP will push past Cata, but I wouldnt be surprised If it was lower. Personally It will be the first xpac I have not purchased, deleted all my characters which were 80-85 then took it off my harddrive 1 month after Cata release.