Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Founders packages released today.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
Subscription = Actual content updates!

Comments

• BrachusBrachus Member UncommonPosts: 97

Got the Elite package myself. Not sure I really see the value in the Legendary package, especially for a game I haven't even played yet! Still, looking forward to this game more than any MMO in recent years! Anyone trying to purchase now, be warned, their site is overhwlemed at the moment and lots of people are having problems. I'd suggest waiting a little while before trying to purchase.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by Brachus

Got the Elite package myself. Not sure I really see the value in the Legendary package, especially for a game I haven't even played yet! Still, looking forward to this game more than any MMO in recent years! Anyone trying to purchase now, be warned, their site is overhwlemed at the moment and lots of people are having problems. I'd suggest waiting a little while before trying to purchase.

Yeah, I am about to purchase now. Still debating which mech to go with though as $120 is too much for me. Which one did you pick?

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

Originally posted by VassagoMael
    Originally posted by Brachus

Yeah, I am about to purchase now. Still debating which mech to go with though as $120 is too much for me. Which one did you pick?

I was debating between the Hunchback and the Catapult and ultimately settled on the Hunchback. Based off the polls on the forums, it appears that the Catapult and Atlas were taken by most. I just can't see myself using Assault Mechs very often as I prefer to be somewhat mobile.

The good news is that it seems they are considering allowing people to change their selection prior to release. At least they say they are looking into the option.

The other good news is that they allow you to upgrade to a higher tier package later if you so choose as well.

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

I was going to go for the 30 package but no free mech skins...It would only be fair 60 gets 2 and 30 gets 1 free skin...

I refuse to pay for a game that I didnt even beta yet. After the beta or open beta and I get to test the game i might buy a package.

Originally posted by cagan

I was going to go for the 30 package but no free mech skins...It would only be fair 60 gets 2 and 30 gets 1 free skin...

I refuse to pay for a game that I didnt even beta yet. After the beta or open beta and I get to test the game i might buy a package.

I completely understand your logic on the subject. There's been many an MMO where I threw down money before trying the game and been sorely disappointed. I also like you thoughts on including 1 mech in the $30 package...mostly because it would give me a 2nd mech with my $60 package :)

Bottom line, it's your money, do what you want with it. Personally, I didn't hesitate, but I'm an old Battletech fanboy from way back and have been waiting forever for a new game! Also helps that I've been pretty letdown by the recent MMO releases...

Hope you manage to get in for Beta and get the chance to check it out!

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

same story here, I get to work many hours to make that $60. I pre ordered hellgate london, warhammer online and smthg else that failed miserably. I am more cautious now. I beta played Guild wars 2 and then ordered the game after beta cause I was impressed plus no monthly fees. 

60 is too steep for me, I would go for 30 if they had 1 free skin. Piranha games doesnt have anything else out there to compare. So i am just gonna take it cautiously this time,

PS: I remembered, the other fail game I pre ordered was age of conan. Thats like more than $200 I dropped in all games right there that I never ever play...

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516
    So when you buy a package, is there a beta login and gameplay currently available? If so, how is it so far? If not, when is it expected?
  • GadarethGadareth Member UncommonPosts: 310

When you buy a founder package you can download the client and start play immediatly.