Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me ArcheAge. You’re my only hope.

anexporanexpor Member UncommonPosts: 24

This game looks amazing.  I'm hoping it's not a disapointment like SWTOR, honestly I followed that game for a long time just to find out that it was a dumbed down WoW clone with a lifeless world. Very sad considering I'm a huge Star Wars fan :(  Watching gameplay footage of this game gives me hope for MMO's in general.

Comments

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

AA wont be in the west till 2014-2015 propably, so yeah, it looks nice but I wouldnt get too excited just yet.

• anexporanexpor Member UncommonPosts: 24

It seems worth the wait.  The player housing alone has me hyped.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

AA looks simply is just too good to be true, but it's open world pvp.

Before anybody jumps on me, let me say i love owpvp. I think that combined with resouce and territory control, it's the best. But, it seems AA doesn't have proper mechanics to keep ganking and griefing under controll. If i'm not mistaken, there's no corpe looting which is great, but if players are able to destroy others houses, farms, boats, etc just for the lolz, they'll do it. They'll even just kill you for it. The jail systems looks far too weak.

I really wnat to fall in love Archeage (part of me already is), but i just have to spet back at ths point.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Yeah looks promising, 

BUT 

don't hype it with too much hope imho because too high expectations will make it fail in your eyes no matter what kind and how good it will be

+

It WILL definately have flaws. All games do. Seriously. There will be many things that you'll not like, that will get on your nerves, etc 

BUT 

If you come with open head and just take it as a DIFFRENT than other AAA games type of mmorpg then you'll have fun.

---------------

PS. Remember that it DOES have levels and it does have questing - it is sandPARK after all and not sandbox. Don't expect UO2 or SWG2 imho.

Still cannot wait.  

I bet on Q4 2013 or Q1-Q2 2014 in west.

@FreedomSeekerz

Players can NOT destroy your house. They cannot desroy your boat (well they can damage it so you have to repair before you sail again) .

Crops and animals?  

Some amount nearest house is INDESTRUCTIBLE - so they cannot destroy it.

Only if you make BIG quantities of crops and stuff then you take more terrain and further from house they CAN be destroyed / stolen.  

So it is more risk = more benefit thing.

Originally posted by fenistil

@FreedomSeekerz

Players can NOT destroy your house. They cannot desroy your boat (well they can damage it so you have to repair before you sail again) .

Crops and animals?  

Only if you make BIG quantities of crops and stuff then you take more terrain and further from house they CAN be destroyed / stolen.  

Really? I asked this question in another thread and was told it wasn't so. Thanks for the response and good to know. But i'm still not going to get too deep into AA. It's still in CBT in Korea. Many things can go wrong, even with the transfer to EU and NA. I'll still keep my fingers crossed ;)

Do you guys happen to know if the player housing is in real world? Or if it's instanced or what?

Originally posted by anexpor

Do you guys happen to know if the player housing is in real world? Or if it's instanced or what?

I'm going from info i read a long time ago, so please somebody correct me if i'm wrong. The only instances or loading screens in the game are for BG's, which are actually locations for siege training. But i'm sure houses are indeed open world.

Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

I'm going from info i read a long time ago, so please somebody correct me if i'm wrong. The only instances or loading screens in the game are for BG's, which are actually locations for siege training. But i'm sure houses are indeed open world.

I know to some people housing is insignificant, but to me it's something that AAA mmo developers have began to overlook. And I believe that is a big mistake on their part.

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

As excited as I am for this game, it's important to remember that a lot of attractive elements may get changed to make it more palatable to the NA/EU market, depending on the publisher. 

We don't know how different from the original version what we get will be, but I do think it's safe to expect some changes. I just hope they're minimal.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381

"I have a bad feeling about this."

Sorry, just had to say it given the OP title. That said, I'm trying not to follow this too closely just yet. Everything about AA seems pretty damn promising, however, something tells me we should wait and see...

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Ur topic remind me of a SWTOR fanboy i use to know ^^

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

There will be plenty of time in the west to keep an eye on this game and see if it can actually deliver when/if it gets to the west..

Generally i dont like litterbox games however AA appears to offer a themebox type setting which i consider an absolute must for "sandbox" type games to be popular and have ongoing success, there is of course a couple exceptions to the rule like eve but eve is not newbie friendly and will slowly pay the price..

I would love to see this game actually bring the sandbox and themepark together for a great game however i am skeptical..

Playing GW2..

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

OP, you are setting yourself up for a big dissapointment. No game will ever be the end all be all of gaming.  Low the bar to:  it's just a game.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by waynejr2

OP, you are setting yourself up for a big dissapointment. No game will ever be the end all be all of gaming.  Low the bar to:  it's just a game.

Yea.  You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now about getting excited about games. SWTOR almost broke my mmo spirit.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

This game looks amazing.  I'm hoping it's not a disapointment like SWTOR, honestly I followed that game for a long time just to find out that it was a dumbed down WoW clone with a lifeless world. Very sad considering I'm a huge Star Wars fan :(  Watching gameplay footage of this game gives me hope for MMO's in general.

how could you follow swtor for a long time, and not know it was a wow clone. Once the game went to beta there was ample amount of information to know swtor was garbage. After a half a day of beta I knew all the "trolls/haters" were correct. So many red flags were present for tor, i cant believe anyone bought into it. I hope if people learned one thing from tor its that stories END. whats left after the story. Stories driven game are for single player games. 

As for AA I have realitivly high hopes for it myself. Theres still a lot of quetions that i need answered between now and release, number 1 question: will the jail system be a real detourant for greivers and gankers, if not it wont be a very popular game. At least if AA tanks, its trying to do something different, unlike other new mmo's like tor or the up comming teso game.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

Originally posted by toddze

how could you follow swtor for a long time, and not know it was a wow clone. Once the game went to beta there was ample amount of information to know swtor was garbage. After a half a day of beta I knew all the "trolls/haters" were correct. So many red flags were present for tor, i cant believe anyone bought into it. I hope if people learned one thing from tor its that stories END. whats left after the story. Stories driven game are for single player games. 

As for AA I have realitivly high hopes for it myself. Theres still a lot of quetions that i need answered between now and release, number 1 question: will the jail system be a real detourant for greivers and gankers, if not it wont be a very popular game. At least if AA tanks, its trying to do something different, unlike other new mmo's like tor or the up comming teso game.

Agreed. I had to confirm it myself as well. Played a few weeks of beta on a friend's account and canceled my pre order immediately.  As far as not knowing it was a WoW clone goes, you can watch all the gameplay footage you want, but until you get into the game and actually get a feel for how big the zones are, how carebear the questlines are, etc.. you will never know for sure, ya know?  AA on the other hand has obvious signs that it isn't a WoW clone.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

AA is THE JUICIEST mmo on the horizon.

Speaking of horizons..

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ
    Originally posted by fenistil

@FreedomSeekerz

Crops and animals?  

Really? I asked this question in another thread and was told it wasn't so. Thanks for the response and good to know. But i'm still not going to get too deep into AA. It's still in CBT in Korea. Many things can go wrong, even with the transfer to EU and NA. I'll still keep my fingers crossed ;)

I am sure of it - unless something changed recently.

Anyway there still WILL be ganking & other trolling in game.

I am sure of it.

This is what comes with more freedom in game. More freedom you give to players - more they abuse it.

Still I am mentally ready I think for that. + game world is so huge - I will just learn what areas best to avoid / don't stay longer than absolutely necessary heh

Just have to play it with diffrent mindset. If you want to play it with "nothing can happen to me" mindset like in themepark PvE servers - then you will propably not enjoy it.

Rules in AA are not that harsh like in many games. There is no full loot, houses cannot be destroyed afaik,  there is certain amount of animals or crops (in some houses at least) that are proteted.

You cannot totally lose ship only can get it damaged and have need to repair it (though I think it may be very expensive especially in bigger ships).

Those things and trial system can propably limit griefing a BIT.

It won't eliminate it for sure though.

-----------

I am done watiing for absolute best game and ideal mmoorpg though.  Will enjoy AA even if there will be some gameplay things that would bother me.  Only thing that have a possiblity to make not play AA is if there would be only f2p or freemium servers.

I just want pure P2P no cash shop server. Don't care if there are some cash-shopped / f2p other separate AA servers.

I could propably wait for next 10 years and don't have one with features I would want.

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84

they should give this to CCP but i doubt CCP would want that especialy now that they working on dust514 and world of darkness

if CCP had the rights for the west then for sure AA would bea success