Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

can some 1 help me plz?

chaos.leighchaos.leigh Member Posts: 33
Can some 1 just give me a quick run down of the story line in AO, and is the story line good in the game?

Comments

• SiphonsSiphons Member Posts: 445

in the beginning, the time line meant something. Now it's basically all meaningless. I'm tired and about to goto work, so i'll just give you the short answer, no.

---------------------------------------
    All you friggin suburban white kid wannabe poobutts that are in love with G-Unit are sad and pathetic. Find your own identity ::::28:: -Anarchyart

• LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

What he said.

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981
    At frist there was just a porr colony at Rubi-Ka, before they found Notum under the ground level They started to pump it and fighted for the towers what pumps it. Some time after that, they did a nice city flying in air with the money they got from Notum, the city is named Jobe. There was some wierd thing flying in the air too, a big piece of ground, Shadowlands, people started adventuring there, because of new monsters and stuff... But not so long, because aliens started attacking to the ground and people had to defend their own lovely Rubi-Ka. Sciencist have been saying that in some time the ground will be destroyed into the ground, because of the war.
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

To be honest, I find Anarchy Online's Timeline to be one of the better ones out there in the mmorpg market. The second best probably being EVE Online.

Here is an URL to the timeline:

http://community.anarchy-online.com/content/game/story/past/timeline/

Also, be sure to check out the CGI videos of various aspects within Rubi-Ka (both political and personal) here

http://community.anarchy-online.com/content/game/story/episodes/

Also, I want to point out the the Original AO is free.

In my opinion it's one of the best free mmorpgs out there.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• SiphonsSiphons Member Posts: 445

it's true, I was in love with the game until a different dimmension or whatever opened up and turned it into a fantasy ::::07:: The political subtleties were a thing to be admired.

---------------------------------------
    All you friggin suburban white kid wannabe poobutts that are in love with G-Unit are sad and pathetic. Find your own identity ::::28:: -Anarchyart

• StarkStark Member Posts: 119

In the beginning we had Clan vs. Omni with Neutrals hanging around both sides but staying clear of the conflict. Then came Notum Wars which added a basic type of land control enhancing the war.

Then the Shadowlands came which added a completely different world to fight in and was more fantasy based than Sci-Fi and really had nothing to do with the Rubi- Ka war. This was a huge expansion (maybe one of the biggest expansions ever) and changed the entire game. Currently we have been invaded by pesky aliens on Rubi-Ka and player controled cities. Coming soon is the mech expansion called Lost Eden which looks to add more PvP content.

This is more of an AO expansion history than a detailed timeline. You can find all kinds of background at the official forums.