Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why pay for DOTA2

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Why would i pay €30 for DOTA 2, if i just can play League of Legends for free?

I dont foresee a bright future for this game, as i am not even going to try it.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

You don't forsee a bright future because YOU are not going to play it?

(Just kidding you, mate!)

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Imo LoL is better then DOTA: all the bad things I hated in DOTA are not present in LoL.
  • davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218

Umm.. am i missing something? DOTA2 is _completely_ free. And its even moreso than LoL, as with DOTA2 you get every single hero for free when you play, you arent severely restricted with what you can play like LoL. There are no buying champions/heros in DOTA2.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by davestr1zl

Umm.. am i missing something? DOTA2 is _completely_ free. And its even moreso than LoL, as with DOTA2 you get every single hero for free when you play, you arent severely restricted with what you can play like LoL. There are no buying champions/heros in DOTA2.

Its €30 to get immediate action...

http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/57939587?appid=570&l=english

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DemandmanDemandman Member Posts: 57

It's still in beta, so what you can pay for is an opt-in as opposed to waiting in line.

• KirijiKiriji Member Posts: 340

Its still in beta, you can either buy the item bundle to get in now or wait for a beta key to play for free. When the game goes live it will be completely free, no need to use the item shop at all other than cosmetics, All champions are acessible no stupid runes to grind, so no your wrong.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293

Dota 2 is gonna be free. This is a bundle of cosmetic items.  Also... Valve vs Riot hmm I dont know, time will tell.

• davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218

Or you could just wait til it gets released, presumably very soon, as a completely F2P title with an unarguably better business model for the players than any of the competitors (HoN, LoL, etc) and not have to pay a cent.

That bundle is just for people who want in now into the beta, and also get a bunch of cosmetic items.

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185

DOTA 2 is free. The only pricetag is the key for open beta, which isn't mandatory. I have gotten 5 keys for my friends for free, by participating in events and doing surveys. If you don't want to spend money, then just wait till release?

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

imo, its just for those desperate cases who wants to play the game and thats because certain people are selling beta keys, in this case if u cant beat them join them heh.

but u could also apply for beta, who knows u might get lucky or ask friends if they have a spare beta key.

just saying.

• citan79citan79 Member UncommonPosts: 86

• citan79citan79 Member UncommonPosts: 86

LOL is a turd of a game.   I would much rather play Heroes of Newerth than LOL.   HON is free too! 

As I recall early on you could buy a copy of LOL at Best Buy  and that didn't deter anyone to play so your argument is invalid. 

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I have like 4 keys on my inventory and I would gladly give them away(everyone I know is already in)

PS: its actually 5

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• AderewAderew Member UncommonPosts: 46

Fact No 12. 

League of Legends is for kids, DotA is for mature players.

Fact No 33. 

League of Legends is a copy of original Dota (mod for the Warcraft III)

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Originally posted by Aderew
    Fact No 12. League of Legends is for kids, DotA is for mature players. Fact No 33. League of Legends is a copy of original Dota (mod for the Warcraft III)

Fact No 59.

League of Legends is crap without deny options and not losing gold when you die and that all degrade the game for "retarded kids" only.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• UccisoreUccisore Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Fact No. 1:  LoL is the most popular multiplayer online game in history.  Dota 2 won't be. 
  • pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Fact No. 2 DOTA is ok, you are nab.
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    DOTA2 is beating LoL and it's only in beta.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• biogermbiogerm Member UncommonPosts: 168

no one i know has paid for dota , you get keys from other ppl, hell there is dota 2 bot keys....

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dota2bot?l=english

don't flame the game because you suck in it.

as other people said, after playing dota going to play hon/lol you will feel like your playing the short bus version of a dota/moba game.

you also Choose to emit the fact that you are getting some nice items if you buy the early access pack (full set for jug and sven, 1 carrier and 2 items for WD) so its not like your paying for nothing also.

oh and yeah you dont see a bright future? how about dota 2 has already over grown lol?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/10/dota-2-overtakes-league-of-legends-as-most-played-pc-game-of-2013-claims-report/

but yeah flame on.

also i have more then enough spare keys if any one needs one.

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I dont get why anyone would want to play an RTS with all the good bits removed anyway but go figure LOL..

is dota 2 really 30 euros im sure i have that on steam someone gave it to me.. never installed it tho and never will haha.

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839

Umm.. DOTA 2 gives everything needed to play(all characters, all abilities,client) for free unlike LoL.  Not completely sure how LoL works.  From what I have heard/read people have to pay to unlock characters in LoL.  The only things a person pays for in DOTA 2 is the ability to watch the tournaments live through the DOTA 2 client or cosmetics.  Again, Characters and abilities are available to everyone in DOTA 2.  ZERO client cost. No abilities or stat bonuses for sale.  Looking at the league of legends store it's literally pay to win.  Items that effect a characters abilities, damage output, and defense. Let's see a game that gives everyone everything needed to play on an even level for free or one that let's players pay to boost their characters abilities.

The people selling DOTA 2 beta keys are scams.

Paying to watch the live tournaments is not really a bad thing if that's someones cup of tea. AT the very least it helps support the pro scene. If a players wants to change the way a character looks they can also do that.  Steam gives DOAT 2 keys out like candy. Once a person gets a key they are given like 5 to hand out themselves. Plenty out there.

EDIT: Dam necro.. fell for it. :S