Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decent Populated PvE Server

AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Hey! For something to do while waiting for GW2 to come out, I  resub'd my WoW account yesterday. I decided to play light and chose a PvE server, Area52, which was listed as "Heavy" on the realm list. Well, it was late and I checked the BGs for population and AV, EOTS, and AB were all empty. I thought well, its late I will look tomorrow. It's the same status today. No one is playing BGs. Is this the new norm for WoW now? 

Anyway, I'm asking if anyone knows a PvE server in an active Battlegroup doing BGs? If WoW is truly dead as it looks (I checked Proudmoore also), I will move on to Fallen Earth or something. :)

Thank you! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

It does not matter anymore.  WoW is a pure lobby game now.

Sounds to me that your looking for a community.  Well, I was too a few months back. I knew the population was all instanced up.  I know the leveling was so fast that is was impossible to keep friends for very long.  But I researched for a populated server and found one to be BLACKROCK, well guess what !.....The server was not dead, but everyone at ALL LEVELS were in instances.  I know I used the Social panel often to check on populations and it was always the same at  ALL LEVELS.

I was committed to being social, I talked to players, I joined several Guilds.........In all cases, chat was dead, with the occasional " where is everyone from " and " hi, everyone ".  That was the extent of chat.  The open world is dead on all servers !

I'm not one of the hard core Raiders.  But the only suggestion I could make and if your hard core, then research Guilds on sites like Guildportal and apply for a guild instead of looking for a server.  I know their are lots of guilds that are closed off from the casual player that you may be able to get in.  Other than that, your stuck like the other nine million players.

I love WoW, I miss it, But I have to face facts.  WoW is gone forever in my books.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by delete5230

It does not matter anymore.  WoW is a pure lobby game now.

Sounds to me that your looking for a community.  Well, I was too a few months back. I knew the population was all instanced up.  I know the leveling was so fast that is was impossible to keep friends for very long.  But I researched for a populated server and found one to be BLACKROCK, well guess what !.....The server was not dead, but everyone at ALL LEVELS were in instances.  I know I used the Social panel often to check on populations and it was always the same at  ALL LEVELS.

I was committed to being social, I talked to players, I joined several Guilds.........In all cases, chat was dead, with the occasional " where is everyone from " and " hi, everyone ".  That was the extent of chat.  The open world is dead on all servers !

I'm not one of the hard core Raiders.  But the only suggestion I could make and if your hard core, then research Guilds on sites like Guildportal and apply for a guild instead of looking for a server.  I know their are lots of guilds that are closed off from the casual player that you may be able to get in.  Other than that, your stuck like the other nine million players.

I love WoW, I miss it, But I have to face facts.  WoW is gone forever in my books.

Thank you for responding back. I'm not sure what I was looking for resubbing. I guess just for something to do until GW2 or even TSW launches. It is very sad about WoW though, it was a true MMORPG movement and I'm afraid it is dying also. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I been a player of the Proudmoore server since 2005 and it still holds plenty of players, however at this point I am WoW'ed out until they bring in there new expansion. 

Always a packed crowd on Proudmoore anytime of the day.

• MeTedMeTed Member Posts: 129

I play on Proudmoore US and can attest there is plenty going on still. The average skill level is pretty good there along with people being polite when compared to the average WOW server. If you want wall to wall Org or SW look at the heavy populated servers like Area 52, Mal'Ganis etc. www.wowprogress.com

• kitkat700kitkat700 Member Posts: 12

proudmore is still alive..

not much over populated which is good.. and they  have more cool players that's interesting to join too..