Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massively calls it a mess, r/SWTOR rages

124»

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I love how people call something Bias as soon as its against their game, but if they are sucking up to the game and giving it completely fluffed ratings and reviews, its perfectly fine. Hypocrits are always hilarious.

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

I love reading SWTOR links.  Is there a more divided game community out there?

Not really. The majority of the community agreed the game sucked, which is why they are no longer subscribed.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by Cavod
    Originally posted by Moaky07

GW2's claim to fame is B2P, and some of the twits around here wont STFU about it.....so what is your point?

Have you tried it?  It's actually a pretty fun and well thought out game.  I doubt B2P has anything to do with why 'twits' won't shut up about it nor it's 'claim to fame'.

No I havent tried it, nor will I. I also wont go into that forum to carry on about a game I wont be playing. If I do show up in a live game forum of something I have no interest in, I dont do my best to troll the folks that are enjoying themselves. I sure as hell wont do it day after day after day to boot.

Pity I cant expect the same courtesy.

It is blatantly obvious who shows up in these forums to troll those of us who do like this game. Stick around a while, if it isnt pretty obvious to you as well, I would suggest a CAT scan.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Oh well I read the feedback, and wow those guys have no clue or they were the luck guys that got to move. Unlike 20% of us on servers who are now stuck, and we don't know if we are going to get to transfer or what. Not to mention loaded up the servers now to where I been reading folks have 30-60 minutes ques.  So yes it is a mess.  Massively called it, and I will too.  EA/Bioware are a bunch of incompetent fools.

• CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by Purutzil
    I love how people call something Bias as soon as its against their game, but if they are sucking up to the game and giving it completely fluffed ratings and reviews, its perfectly fine. Hypocrits are always hilarious.
    Nailed it. Except I don't find the hypocrisy funny.

Originally posted by Moaky07
    It is blatantly obvious who shows up in these forums to troll those of us who do like this game. Stick around a while, if it isnt pretty obvious to you as well, I would suggest a CAT scan.

Not sure if you're calling me a troll. If you are, have a look at my post history here, I'm very much not a SWTOR hater tyvm. I also fully know the usual suspects... half a billion, amirite?

The thing is though, as much as I'm not a SWTOR hater, I'm not a SWTOR fanboy either. I see the game(& devs) for what it is and thus I get it from both sides, lucky me.

Originally posted by erictlewis
    Oh well I read the feedback, and wow those guys have no clue or they were the luck guys that got to move. Unlike 20% of us on servers who are now stuck, and we don't know if we are going to get to transfer or what. Not to mention loaded up the servers now to where I been reading folks have 30-60 minutes ques. So yes it is a mess. Massively called it, and I will too. EA/Bioware are a bunch of incompetent fools.
    I know, right?

Again, how the people who disagree make me feel: http://i.imgur.com/0GIhu.jpg

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by Cavod
    Originally posted by Hazelle

click. click. click. Character transferred.  Login to new server.  Load saved UI.  Play game.

Yeah that's real messy.

Heck, it even told me that one of my toons had mail.

Did you even read the article?  I feel pretty confident I already know the answer.

Tip: The mess is not referring to what you spoke about. 

I doubt anyone is arguing the copy and paste capabilities of BW, despite how hard some people in this thread are trying to make it that way with their straw man arguments.

I read it but it didn't make any sense to me why it would matter what server population had what numbers when you are making a transfer that also has an effect on the company's hardware.

Where is the hardware for the killed off servers located in conjunction to the hardware to the servers that are going to be kept functioning?  After all, I'm no expert, but I'm sure it's a lot quicker and easier to move software than it is to move hardware and software.

His second point on the server balance and massive servers statements by bioware conflicting with each other doesn't make sense either since those statements do not conflict - does he get that confused when somebody says the word cheeseburger?  Is it cheese or is it a burger - which is it?

So yeah I read it and it made no sense so I just went ahead and left what I did.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

A mess?, lol. People is coming back to the game, thats all we need to say about the transfers. The haters can keep waiting for the fail of swtor here on mmorpg.com, while the real players of the game are having a lot of fun playing.  

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Waiting for EA to do to it what they did to Warhammer. Just waiting.

This discussion has been closed.