Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error 9 msgs, and onlinekeystore.com

doorb7doorb7 Member UncommonPosts: 61

Hello all. has anybody else had a problem with their account, primarily trying to log in to be told "either no evnt is taking place or this account is unautharised to take part" or a msg stating the equivelent? i have contacted support, and followed their steps, im now waiting for them to see if my key is valid or not however. My key worked for BWE 1, but not the stress test. Has anybody else had this problem and those who did, any who bought their key from onlinekeystore.com.? thanks

Comments

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

If you purchased a Beta Key from OnlineKeyStore.com, it was only useful for just the 1st BWE in April. You cannot use that key for any further Beta Events, you have to Purchase the game via Pre-Purchase, sorry.

• doorb7doorb7 Member UncommonPosts: 61

then ill be getting a refund as it was for full game!! thanks

• troabarton89troabarton89 Member Posts: 5

Ye I had the same problem. Opened a support ticket on OKS and recieved this as a reply

"Hello,

Please attach a screenshot of the error and leave your login details of diablo III/battlenet here so that we can remotely replace the key for you, when doing the same please change your password to :- 123!@#asd, when done you can have your own password.

Thanks for supporting us.
    "

So ye not only did it not help they also had a bit of a mix up with what game i was talking about (i have not ordered D3 or even enquired about it).

Opened a Paypal dispute to get a refund and my OKS account has been temporarily disabled...

Keep me updated on how you get on. Think we were both tricked by the fact that we paid full price up front for the wrong key.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

I would stress you both also talk to Arenanet. There's been similar issues in the US with Gamestop...being Gamestop...and charging people for Pre-purchase but handing out (near useless) pre-order keys instead. Anet stated they would honor those as pre-purchase keys. Maybe they can do the same for you?

• NickraiderNickraider Member UncommonPosts: 131

Seeing this posted on 5/15/12... You do know the stress test was yesterday right? 5/14/12?

I opened a support ticket with Anet during the stress test and included the CD-Key i recieved in that ticket. Havent had a reply yet but maybe you're right :)

Gonna wait till tomorrow and see what happens. Not that i can do any more than i already have, just want a refund from Onlinekeystore so i can buy it direct from Anet, all this to save £5 lol. Learnt my lesson.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Originally posted by Nickraider

Seeing this posted on 5/15/12... You do know the stress test was yesterday right? 5/14/12?

There are other BWEs. At least one, probably several more.

Folks like these guys, that essentially got stammed by the retailer, deserve to get it resolved for the next one.

If they choose not to buy the game and get refunded it's a shame, because they are going to miss a good game on the account of a third party being ignorant or jerky, but I can understand.

Just an update. Opened a disupte with paypal and was instantly banned from OKS site and have not recieved any contact from them since. I did however recieve an email from arenanet support:

"Hi Sean,

The Guild Wars 2 Serial Code that you registered was originally purchased from our website https://buy.guildwars2.com/. This purchase was made using a stolen credit/debit card and was thus flagged as a fraudulent charge. This resulted in the provided serial code being permanently disabled.

I would suggest contacting the seller from whom you purchased the code for a full refund, as they sold you a code purchased with a stolen credit or debit card.

In order to regain access to the pre-purchase benefits, you must pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 again and apply a new, valid code to your account. To ensure this does not happen in the future, please purchase the game from one of our authorized retail partners https://buy.guildwars2.com/retailers or purchase directly from our website https://buy.guildwars2.com/.

Thanks,

Austin

NCsoft Account Support"

Guess I know why they're so cheap now. I'm going to have to purchase a new version of GW2 and wait atleast a month to get my refund from OKS...

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by terrant

There are other BWEs. At least one, probably several more.

Folks like these guys, that essentially got stammed by the retailer, deserve to get it resolved for the next one.

If they choose not to buy the game and get refunded it's a shame, because they are going to miss a good game on the account of a third party being ignorant or jerky, but I can understand.

I think he meant that he can´t log in to the game if no event is on...

But yeah, nothing is more annoying then when a retailer screw you over...

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

That is why I dislike websites like OKS. They operate in a to gray area and to often step outsite of it on the illigal side of the gray area. 

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264

if anything im pretty sure this one teaches you not buy from shady websites. just because someone is selling something little cheaper, id wager its far safer to pay little extra to get it straigth from the source (Anets shop in this case or other known and trusted retailers), then some random web-site promising to deliver better and faster and cheaper and what not.. Just incase you get problems with said purchase, like CD-keys

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by troabarton89

Just an update. Opened a disupte with paypal and was instantly banned from OKS site and have not recieved any contact from them since. I did however recieve an email from arenanet support:

"Hi Sean,

The Guild Wars 2 Serial Code that you registered was originally purchased from our website https://buy.guildwars2.com/. This purchase was made using a stolen credit/debit card and was thus flagged as a fraudulent charge. This resulted in the provided serial code being permanently disabled.

I would suggest contacting the seller from whom you purchased the code for a full refund, as they sold you a code purchased with a stolen credit or debit card.

In order to regain access to the pre-purchase benefits, you must pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 again and apply a new, valid code to your account. To ensure this does not happen in the future, please purchase the game from one of our authorized retail partners https://buy.guildwars2.com/retailers or purchase directly from our website https://buy.guildwars2.com/.

Thanks,

Austin

NCsoft Account Support"

Guess I know why they're so cheap now. I'm going to have to purchase a new version of GW2 and wait atleast a month to get my refund from OKS...

I had never heard of OKS until I saw a reference to it on Twitter. As soon as I checked out the prices it became pretty apparent that something very fishy is going on there. The prices were below what I would expect wholesale prices to be. How could they not be aquiring those keys via fraudulent means?

I also did a google search and saw someone had purchased a D3 key there and was having problems. He posted the email reply from OKS in reply to his complaint and they wanted him to provide his D3 account log in info and to change his password to password they gave him, so they could "fix the CD code directly". Big danger sign number 2, if a vendor wants your game account log in info for any reason.

With sites like that, you really roll the dice. Not only are you quite possibly setting yourself up for fraud, but even if you aquire a key that works, there is a very good chance it was aquired illegally, probably on someone elses credit card.

Just stay the heck away. Two of the Arenanet authorized digital edition resellers are offering the game for 10% off. I doubt you are going to find much better from a legit site and with the authorized resellers, you know the key is going to be valid.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Thanks for the replies everyone, just posting this as a warning to anyone else and also to the OP.

Final update:

Opened a paypal dispute and within 40 minutes of 'escalating' it i was awarded a full refund. The money is now transferring from paypal into my bank account. (have also purchased the game from GW2's own website)

Please do not use this site or any other CD-key seller unless you're willing to risk atleast a little hassle and in the most extreme cases get ripped off. ALWAYS INSIST ON PAYPAL.

Thanks everyone.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

So it's clear now to everyone that OKS openly sells fraudulently obtained CD-keys... how is the site still in operation?

Also saw someone post an email from OKS when trying to clear up a bad CD-key, they asked him to provide his "goverment ID" or "passport" details "to ensure his identity matched the billing address" or something similar :D

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • doorb7doorb7 Member UncommonPosts: 61

i asked onlinekeystore for a refund straight up, they said if they give me a refund, they will deduct 10% off what i recieve for keys already issued, or i could have a replacement. thus fatr i have had the reaplacement key, and the guildwars 2 website has accepted it. Im still waiting to hear from arenanet about the validity of my first key. If this one does not work il get paypal on the case for a full refund and report the website. thanks for the replys. hope we all get it sorted.

Purchased a new copy from a supported retailer DLgamer for £44.99, £4 more expensive than it is on OKS. I would reccomend everyone get a full refund from OKS using paypal and just buy it there.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Originally posted by Fusion

So it's clear now to everyone that OKS openly sells fraudulently obtained CD-keys... how is the site still in operation?

Also saw someone post an email from OKS when trying to clear up a bad CD-key, they asked him to provide his "goverment ID" or "passport" details "to ensure his identity matched the billing address" or something similar :D

Please tell me you are kidding right?  This is the internet, if the site gets shut down, 15 seconds later it has changed one letter in its name, and is back in business.

• xiao8kaixiao8kai Member Posts: 2

I bought Guild Wars 2 from onlinekeystore

and it was banned

they are selling keys that they bought with a stolen credit card

And they will not give a refund

This is the email i got from Arena Net

Response Max via Email 06/11/2012 12:22 AM
    Hello,

Regards,
    Max
    NCsoft Account Support

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Wait. There was a stress test?

Crap.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Thats a reason why i only buy online from big trusted companies.

And please report this internet fraude to the official channels, most people dont, and thats why people like this keep on trying.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364
    Originally posted by Irus

Wait. There was a stress test?

Crap.

back in may yes. 

• xiao8kaixiao8kai Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Thats a reason why i only buy online from big trusted companies.

And please report this internet fraude to the official channels, most people dont, and thats why people like this keep on trying.

who would be the offical channels? its difficlt i dont know who to report this to

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by doorb7

i asked onlinekeystore for a refund straight up, they said if they give me a refund, they will deduct 10% off what i recieve for keys already issued, or i could have a replacement. thus fatr i have had the reaplacement key, and the guildwars 2 website has accepted it. Im still waiting to hear from arenanet about the validity of my first key. If this one does not work il get paypal on the case for a full refund and report the website. thanks for the replys. hope we all get it sorted.

Should have gone for the paypal refund right away.

The saying: Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. exists for a reason

• tv2zulutv2zulu Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by Connmacart

Should have gone for the paypal refund right away.

The saying: Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. exists for a reason

Not to mention, supporting companies that blatantly operate with credit card fraud, will get you a special place in MMO hell.

( also, depending where you live, a special place in jail ).

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

Hello all. has anybody else had a problem with their account, primarily trying to log in to be told "either no evnt is taking place or this account is unautharised to take part" or a msg stating the equivelent? i have contacted support, and followed their steps, im now waiting for them to see if my key is valid or not however. My key worked for BWE 1, but not the stress test. Has anybody else had this problem and those who did, any who bought their key from onlinekeystore.com.? thanks

i think the publisher made it very clear that either buy it from us or our authorised retailers .if you bought it from unauthorized site than you can get into problem .

This discussion has been closed.