Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, this totally sucks!!!

BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Sure, there's news of NCSoft picking ArcheAge up for EU, and that might possibly mean they're bringing it to the US as well, but only people in Korea get to take part in the Closed Beta tests!

I want to get my grubby little hands on this game so badly!  Arrrggg!

Comments

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    NCSoft in EU, thats great news. Did not know that.
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

Damnit I hope NCSoft isnt the one that picks it up in the US though...I hate NCSoft with a passion.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L

Damnit I hope NCSoft isnt the one that picks it up in the US though...I hate NCSoft with a passion.

I'm holding onto the slim hope that they keep a mostly "hands off" approach if they are the ones that publish it in the states.  I hate their Customer Service department, but I'd love to see someone with their sizable backing bring ArcheAge to us.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

I'm sure there will be a US/EU beta once  publishers and localisation have been sorted out like TERA had. 

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Originally posted by BartDaCat

Sure, there's news of NCSoft picking ArcheAge up for EU, and that might possibly mean they're bringing it to the US as well, but only people in Korea get to take part in the Closed Beta tests!

Originally posted by kostoslav

The NCSoft rumor, is just that, a rumor. GameBreakerTV even had to take down their news segment about it, it mysteriously vanished a day later never to return.

So please, wait until it is actually announced instead of proclaiming rumor as fact.

I as well would LOVE to see this game in my hands soonest! But am trying to control my enthusiasm and avoiding the rumor mill.

Originally posted by CyclopsSlay

The NCSoft rumor, is just that, a rumor. GameBreakerTV even had to take down their news segment about it, it mysteriously vanished a day later never to return.

So please, wait until it is actually announced instead of proclaiming rumor as fact.

I as well would LOVE to see this game in my hands soonest! But am trying to control my enthusiasm and avoiding the rumor mill.

Pretty sure that no one claimed anything as fact in the above statements.  There were plenty of "if" statements in the above posts, so while I thank you for clarifying the rumors as just that-- rumors-- and that's only if you're correct, how about letting the foot off the pedal a bit and be happy that other people share your enthusiasm for ArcheAge.

Pretty sure that no one claimed anything as fact in the above statements.  There were plenty of "if" statements in the above posts, so while I thank you for clarifying the rumors as just that-- rumors-- and that's only if you're correct, how about letting the foot off the pedal a bit and be happy that other people share your enthusiasm for ArcheAge.

Actually reread the parts I quoted. "Sure, there's news of NCSoft picking up..."  Maybe not intended that way at all, but it is presented as News and therefore fact, which leads to the second quote, "NCSoft in EU, thats great news" so kostoslav took it as fact/news as well.

Instead of using "news", use 'possibilities', 'rumors', or some such. It makes it clearer all around.

Just asking you be a bit more careful, seeing a lot of people proclaiming the NCSoft thing as fact, usually with excessive !!!!! attached, LOL.

Actually reread the parts I quoted. "Sure, there's news of NCSoft picking up..."  Maybe not intended that way at all, but it is presented as News and therefore fact, which leads to the second quote, "NCSoft in EU, thats great news" so kostoslav took it as fact/news as well.

Instead of using "news", use 'possibilities', 'rumors', or some such. It makes it clearer all around.

Just asking you be a bit more careful, seeing a lot of people proclaiming the NCSoft thing as fact, usually with excessive !!!!! attached, LOL.

Yeah, and I saw the one negative post about NCSoft and that isn't helpful at all if they take it to be fact.  fair enough.  But nonetheless, you can't fault me for being overenthusiastic for ArcheAge =)  With so many more hopeful "rumors" popping up, my excitement level is going up and up.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

beggers cant be choosers, there are only 2 publishers that willl realistically take tripple a korean games and bring them to NA/EU. NC soft which you all hate so much and now perfect world. you better pray ncsoft wants this game otherwise you will neve rplay it.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

Yeah, and I saw the one negative post about NCSoft and that isn't helpful at all if they take it to be fact.  fair enough.  But nonetheless, you can't fault me for being overenthusiastic for ArcheAge =)  With so many more hopeful "rumors" popping up, my excitement level is going up and up.

Sorry, was trying not to attack, just advise! 

Yeah, the more the merrier on the enthusiatic fan wagon! No other MMO I have current seen or seen coming has hooked me even remotely as much as AA has. Here's hoping that the upcoming GamesCon will have an announcement or three...

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Anything but NCsoft!! If SOE got it at least then you would know the payment system and support would be great.

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

is AA even out in Korea yet?  it's gonna be a while still before it hits EU/NA.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by bezado

Anything but NCsoft!! If SOE got it at least then you would know the payment system and support would be great.

SOE would release it with only freemium business model. I would not play sandpark like AA with freemium or f2p model.

==========================

I am fine with existence of two diffrent categories of servers. One f2p or freemium and second one pure P2P servers though.

No char transfers between them ofc.

SOE policy is only freemium (last p2p games being shut down or changed to freemium) so thanks but no thanks.

Besides SOE did alot of bad things design wise to alot of games.  (SWG , Vanguard anyone?)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

They already stated they will probally have a first reveal of a western version at next years E3.. so guys dont expect this game any time soon..

Also there are ways to buy yourself into the beta if you really really want to LOL..

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

beggers cant be choosers, there are only 2 publishers that willl realistically take tripple a korean games and bring them to NA/EU. NC soft which you all hate so much and now perfect world. you better pray ncsoft wants this game otherwise you will neve rplay it.

Why couldnt perfect world launch the game?

For the folks wanting it as fast as Korea....remember you get once chance for a first impression. Launching later will give Song a chance to add in more/tune what is there. That could make a huge difference when coming to NA/EU. The Tera folks seem to be having a good time, and from what I can tell, that game benefited by polish time.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Originally posted by bezado

I don't quite follow your logic, didn't SOE burn SWG and Planetside to the ground? I would take NCsoft over SOE anyday.

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

what praytell is wrong with ncsoft?

I''ve never had any issue with them.

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581
    Originally posted by Terronte

what praytell is wrong with ncsoft?

I''ve never had any issue with them.

well for lineage2, their pretty much killed the pouplation bye ignoring botter's both farmers and players + ignoring all the cheating and rader stuff.

pretty much happened after C2 some 5 or more years ago for lineage2 their stopped caring about cheats, and just did publich stuff to look like their cared. Im not really sure when their finnaly stopped caring completely, but over the year's it got way out of hand.

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=204080

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

I realy hope this game will be a sucsess when it release, but probably not,might go down the drain just as all other pvp focused games.

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183

I'd just like to ask: when did news become fact? Rumors or even blatent lies are false news, but still news. News is often speculation or heresay which is in fact how rumors get started in the first place.

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

i have been waiting for some tiem as well but i am not so happy about the possibilities.I do not like the way NCSOFT handles or runs their games.There are not many good at it period,most are just their to collect the profit and have ZERO community interaction or care for cheating or the game.

Codemasters ,Frogster are a couple more that may have got a hold of this game and imo would ruin it.

The more serious side that worries me is that Koreans like  to game a lot different than how i like to game.Scary UI worries me,nothing but a superficial level grind ,worries me and they really like their pvp,something i don't care much for in a rpg.

I was sort of hoping for a more North American approach and maybe Soe running it.I don't much like SOE's current trend of releasing bug filled products and cash first customer satisfaction second,but those two areas would not be handled by Soe.

I still cross my fingers in hopes this game will deliver an experience a sort of joy to go through the game,rather than just a linear quest/pvp end game ordeal.I cannot and will not enjoy anything that resembles any game released since 2005,i have seen nothing that warrants my money during those years.AOC  and Sigil's VG came close but alas fell short as well.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• wowcloneswowclones Member Posts: 127

I'd be happy with just a US release honestly, who cares about beta in the long run, not me.