Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat-type?

AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Looking back at the TB video from gamescom it looked like your ultra-standard turn-based combat system.

With the new video (Friends And Family Showcase) without the UI it looks like its action combat.

Did they change anything about the combat? Is that an illusion of the video because the UI is turned off?

Any info on this?

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

last videos I saw makes it look very much like TERAish just with its cartoony artstyle, they might of changed things up since the genre seems to be leaning away from the standard wow, swtor, rift, ect combat

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Originally posted by AdamTM

Looking back at the TB video from gamescom it looked like your ultra-standard turn-based combat system.

With the new video (Friends And Family Showcase) without the UI it looks like its action combat.

Did they change anything about the combat? Is that an illusion of the video because the UI is turned off?

Any info on this?

They changed it. And they didn't. Free-form targetting is an option, but tab-targetting is available as well (Source 1, Source 2).

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Zap-Robo

They changed it. And they didn't. Free-form targetting is an option, but tab-targettin is currently available as well (Source).

so basically similar to GW2 which im fine with

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg