Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF for new interesting MMO

russ1struss1st Member Posts: 47

Yet again looking for new game (last one I played was STO) :

1) F2P or P2P with unrestricted trial (as in no restriction on char growth but only by time length )

2) Rich End Game content is MUST

3) Large community is MUST too (I want to play MMO not solo play on my PC)

4) No CartoonishOriental looking characters (sorry but I'm fed up with both in last years)

5) Instancedmissioned style gameplay

6) Easy to find PuGs (preferably - it's MMO after all :) )  OR ability to solo play (*sigh*)

7) No PvP events that distracts me from playing when I'm unwilling to PvP

8) Avatars must be perfectly visible - I don't like to break my eyes trying to distinguish fly sized objects on my screen :)

9) I'd like to play now but not to wait for something decent be released so please don't suggest games not playable right away.

Offer me something new and innovative and thanx in advance :)

Edit : corrected some spelling.

Comments

• DanwarrDanwarr Member CommonPosts: 185

I'm assuming you tried LOTRO already?

DCUO is another option, if you haven't already played that too.

Waiting: CU, WildStar, Destiny, Eternal Crusade
    Playing: ESO,DCUO
    Played: LotRO,RIFT,ToR,Warhammer, Runescape

• russ1struss1st Member Posts: 47

Played both, sorry, but thanx for advice :)

LOTRO was very cool game when it was subscrition based .  Shame it went f2p with same f2p model as DDOEQ2.

• zonovazonova Member Posts: 34

Aion, maybe?

Thanx, zonova.

I may sound like gumbling but I think Aion doesn't match to 4) , 5) and 7) and also the only 1 high level zone (Abyss) can't be exactly called as "Rich End Game conentent"

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by russ1st

1) F2P or P2P with unrestricted trial (as in no restriction on char growth but only by time length )

4) No CartoonishOriental looking characters (sorry but I'm fed up with both in last years)

6) Easy to find PuGs (preferably - it's MMO after all :) )  OR ability to solo play (*sigh*)

8) Avatars must be perfectly visible - I don't like to break my eyes trying to distinguish fly sized objects on my screen :)

9) I'd like to play now but not to wait for something decent be released so please don't suggest games not playable right away.

Edit : corrected some spelling.

What might help narrow this down, rather than people trying to list games they think fit your mold only to have you turn around and say well thats not exactly what I had in mind, is for you to name MMO's you have played and enjoyed which met your long list of requirements for a F2P game.  For example I might suggest Age of Conan but I'm sure in your opinion it will conflict with one of your requirements based on how you see it.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

-Good luck op. I have been looking for the same.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

I might as well suggest you try GW2 when it comes out...if for no other reason than that you will end up playing it eventually at the rate you seem to be going through games.  Too bad it isn't out yet.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

Originally posted by miguksaram

What might help narrow this down, rather than people trying to list games they think fit your mold only to have you turn around and say well thats not exactly what I had in mind, is for you to name MMO's you have played and enjoyed which met your long list of requirements for a F2P game.  For example I might suggest Age of Conan but I'm sure in your opinion it will conflict with one of your requirements based on how you see it.

1)  My goal in playing MMO is to spent time while haveing fun (if it requires to spend money I can do it ) but I'm not ready to spent my timemoney on something just because  it "offered on market" . If there is nothing that fits - I spent them on something else - pretty simple. So I stated a criterias which I think required for me to have a fun while playing MMO

2) The list of games I played is quite large actually but if you asked I can put some examples :  Runes of Magic , EVE, Legacy of Thousand Suns, Day of the Dragons, World of Tanks

3) As for AoC it doesn't match at least with 1) as in: it p2p and doesn't have trial ( f2p in it is restricted in access to End Game content , character development and few other,  not so important for me things)

Edit: spelling again

Originally posted by grimm6th

I might as well suggest you try GW2 when it comes out...if for no other reason than that you will end up playing it eventually at the rate you seem to be going through games.  Too bad it isn't out yet.

Yeah I liked GW and waiting for GW2 for at least to try.

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

-Good luck op. I have been looking for the same.

Thanx :)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I would say give lord of the rings a go or even better Age of Conan..

AOC being one of my favourite themepark MMORPGS and has everything you want really :) its free to play but has restrictions.. of course you can sub to remove those..

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

World of Warcraft fits all that.

Cant do that when you want the standard mmorpg flair

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by Nitth

WoW fails 1, 4, and 7 in that list.

<3

Originally posted by Nitth

1) Instances is only part of WoW world. Plus it doesn't fit into 4) and 7). Also when I played it was p2p and there were no trials.

2) Really?  :) I thought I'm rather not. Anyway what ya had in mind? I'm intrugued

Originally posted by Caldrin

I would say give lord of the rings a go or even better Age of Conan..

AOC being one of my favourite themepark MMORPGS and has everything you want really :) its free to play but has restrictions.. of course you can sub to remove those..

I don't like (won't play anymore) games with mixed marketing models (so called f2p with item shop and subscription as option) - because I have to pay subscription fee to play with an unristricted game content and yet I have to pay them for items from item shop to be competitive with those who use it. I don't like an idea to live in game or work solely for paying for playing game.

1)  My goal in playing MMO is to spent time while haveing fun (if it requires to spend money I can do it ) but I'm not ready to spent my timemoney on something just because  it "offered on market" . If there is nothing that fits - I spent them on something else - pretty simple. So I stated a criterias which I think required for me to have a fun while playing MMO

2) The list of games I played is quite large actually but if you asked I can put some examples :  Runes of Magic , EVE, Legacy of Thousand Suns, Day of the Dragons, World of Tanks

3) As for AoC it doesn't match at least with 1) as in: it p2p and doesn't have trial ( f2p in it is restricted in access to End Game content , character development and few other,  not so important for me things)

1. Your expectation of what you want out of an MMO is no different than mine and I dare say the vast majority of all other players who aren't simply farming for e-commerce.  I hope you didn't take my first post negatively as I was simply trying to point out that even with a list we often times don't interpret things the same way as others.

2. I'm not sure if you understood what I was asking for, either that or I am misunderstanding your response.  Are those games you listed all games you have tried and enjoyed?  Even if that was the case as far as I can tell not a single one of those meet all your requirements which was what I asked for as an example to better help us help you.

3. I figured you would say that about AoC when I mentioned it.  Yet you said you wouldn't mind paying for a game you enjoy.  Given just how much of AoC can be accessed without paying a single penny it's pretty hard to argue your first point, if you are in fact willing to pay for a game in the long run. Also, along those lines, can you please provide me a name of a single game on the market today that meets your first priority, let alone that along with the rest of your list?  Even those that offer unlimited access minus a free trial period are usually restricted in some other fashion (chat/storage/mail/auction services/classes/race, etc.).

My point is your list of requirements are what most people want because a game that fits them doesn't currently exist.  I would recommend you find a game(s) that meets the majority of your must haves and give it/them a fair go.  Either that or you simple hold off and wait for something to release at a later undetermined time that does meet that list, although I personally wouldn't hold my breath.  I don't consider something like GW2 as a contender for that list because the fact remains you must buy it outright to have access (contradicts number 1 much like AoC).

With all that said, ultimately I hope someone here proves me wrong because that would answer the question for a LOT of members on MMORPG.com.  

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

For something a bit different but it a bit cartoony graphics wise (Uncharted Waters Online)

Ryzom,Trial

Istaria,F2P as a Human

Vanguard F2P soon,has everything just needs a influx of players 

p>

1. Your expectation of what you want out of an MMO is no different than mine and I dare say the vast majority of all other players who aren't simply farming for e-commerce.  I hope you didn't take my first post negatively I was simply trying to point out that even with a list we often times don't interpret things the same way as others.

2. I'm not sure if you understood what I was asking for, either than or I am misunderstanding your response.  Are those games you listed all games you have tried and enjoyed?  Even if that was the case as far as I can tell not a single one of those meet all your requirements which was what I asked for as an example to help us help you.

3. I figured you would say that about AoC when I mentioned it.  Yet you mentioned you wouldn't mind paying for a game you enjoy.  Given just how much of AoC can be accessed without paying a single penny it's pretty hard to argue your first point.  Along those lines, can you please provide me a name of a single game on the market today that meets your first priority, let along that along with the rest of your list?  Even those that offer unlimited access minus a free trial period are usually restricted in some other fashion (chat/storage/mail/auction services/classes/etc.).

My point is the list of requirements are what most people want because a game that fits them doesn't currently exist.  I would recommend you find a game that meets the majority of your requirements and give it/them a fair go.  Either that or you simple hold off and wait for something to release at a later undetermined time that does meet that list, although I wouldn't hold my breath.  I don't consider something like GW2 as a contender for that list because the fact remains you must buy it outright to have access.

With all that said, ultimately I hope someonehere proves me wrong because that would answer the question for a LOT of members here on MMORPG.com.  

1) No, of course I didn't take it as offence or negatively :)

2) Those are an exapmles of games that (in my opinion)  fits into this list and that I found an enjoyable at some past point in time. Those are not the only games I played and enjoyed but just for an example. They also not full list of games I played/enjoyed - considering I have an about 20 years of experience in playing different MMOs (since 1994).

3) As for AoC there is nothing new in it (ideaconcept wise) just yet another korean grinder , which may or may not be enjoyable in playing (can't tell b4 try) but there are few things that discourage me from even trying it :

a) I have to try it with cosmetic restrictions implyed from very begining (less inv space for ex.) - which most likely lead into less fun from process

b) Restriction put onto character development which start to imply after lvl 20 which is very early considering game has 80 levels. They will negatively affect my charcter when (if) I decide to subscribe.

c) I honestly don't understand why I should pay SUBSCRIPTION fee for unrestricted content ?! I'd rather buy the content (or receive as gift for as long as I pay subscription)  and pay subscription fee for services applyed to it - such as quality support and possbility of gamecontent development - it more logical as business model.  From other hand : we all know how bad (if it even exists) is support in f2p games.

4) Chat/mail/auction/services are not important for me to test game. Classes are very important - restriction on them falls under 1) in my original post. Restriction on storage is important but not very to give up even to try game.

5) As for finding game it is exactly what I'm trying to do :)

Edit: spelling and grammar

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Originally posted by darker70

For something a bit different but it a bit cartoony graphics wise (Uncharted Waters Online)

Ryzom,Trial

I love Ryzom, but it fails 3-6 in the OP's list pretty heavily.

<3

Originally posted by darker70

Ryzom,Trial

Istaria,F2P as a Human

Vanguard F2P soon,has everything just needs a influx of players 

Thanx darker :)

Played / tryed /considered in past :

UWO (too cartoonish for my taste iirc),

Ryzom - doesn't fit atleast 3) and 8) 

Istaria - doesn't fit into 1) , 3) and 8)

------------------------------------------------

And Vanguard is what I'm going to try on weeked already DL'ed trial client :)

• baldernonobaldernono Member UncommonPosts: 96

Looks like post where poster already know the answers...

Originally posted by baldernono

Based on his responses to my suggestions/questions I would have to agree.  He even contradicted his own requirements when responding to one of them.  The reality is, at least as far as I am aware (and apparently EVERYONE who has ever responded to one of these type of threads), a MMO that fits ALL those requirements (the lack of restrictions and yet free access being the largest) simply doesn't exist.

Originally posted by baldernono

There can be many answers not just only one. Desire for deversity is in humans nature :)

Originally posted by miguksaramdernono

... (the lack of restrictions and yet free access being the largest) ....

I bet you don't want ot taste a dish that lack of needed species. And even if you forced to do it - you won't be able to evaluate it's full flavor. Same with games :)

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

You're not going to find the perfect MMO, because it doesn't exist and never will. Be less demanding of what you want and you might actually find something you like.

People try and find the perfect partner in real life often enough and keep rejecting perfectly good ones. In the end they either need to settle for something way below their standard or give up entirely.

It's the samedifference to be honest 

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Connmacart

You're not going to find the perfect MMO, because it doesn't exist and never will. Be less demanding of what you want and you might actually find something you like.

Been saying this for what seems like forever. Best advice there is.

You need to just deal with what is, and find something you like. Otherwise, take up RL sports or something... or gambling... or mass murder... whatever floats your boat.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

Originally posted by miguksaramdernono

... (the lack of restrictions and yet free access being the largest) ....

I bet you don't want ot taste a dish that lack of needed species. And even if you forced to do it - you won't be able to evaluate it's full flavor. Same with games :)

The point you are missing, or simply don't care to acknowledge as the current state of fact, is what you want isn't available.  As someone else already pointed out, it's like having a similar list about a "perfect partner in life" and then refusing to hook up with anyone if they don't meet it to the letter.  Certainly you have the option to do that, but if you come seeking advice as why things aren't working out so well try not to be so shocked when others tell you like it is.  Just sayin.

As far as your food analogy goes, I have learned to add my own spices to dishes which don't meet my expectations.  It's either that or make my own and while that is perfectly ok it's kinda hard to use in terms of a MMO.